Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

The shooting here is shocking what's up no one showing much composure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Score?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Vins 1-05
    'Mun 0-5

Score?

1-5 to 0-5 , Vincent's hadn't scored in 15 mins until just there ,both kicking poor wides

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭giveitholly

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Vins 1-05
    'Mun 0-5

Cheers

• Advertisement

If Ballymun get something out of this Mossy will get ate , jees what was he thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Vinnies got their tactics spot on. Should have won handier than that if Mossy had his shooting boots on.

Ballymun too direct and didn't seem to have a plan b. McCarthy hit on Mullins the highlight of the night, unbelievable hit.

Game over 1-8 0-8 Vincent's ,disappointing game it never caught fire, Ballymun never got going

Slattsy wrote: »
    Vinnies got their tactics spot on. Should have won handier than that if Mossy had his shooting boots on.

Ballymun too direct and didn't seem to have a plan b. McCarthy hit on Mullins the highlight of the night, unbelievable hit.

He did well to come back on a few mins later, them Mullins's tough as nails!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

They won't be talking about that one in years to come. Ballymun a bit clueless to put it bluntly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Kickhams seem to suffer by having so many lads on the county panel

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Kickhams didn't seem to have a clue. They have good players but the goal chances in the first half and the match ups were poor stuff.

Looked over at half time. Thought Whelan stood up in the second half for them. Vincents are a very tight bunch they do very well for a team with just two lads getting county game time, I don't see many jumping out either. Carthy played well and Mullins was ok too for a guy who looked like he was out cold.

With right leadership at kickhams, they've a lot coming through too, who knows.
    Vincents could beat anyone, some smart lads on their team. Fennel wasn't even needed but still knew what to do on McCarty when he eventually came on. Was a time he was needed to turn these games. Vincents are strong in midfield. Would be nice to see it reflected at county level.

Bambi wrote:
    Kickhams seem to suffer by having so many lads on the county panel

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭blowitupref

That final wasn't a good advert for Dublin club football. The main talking point was the St Vincents blanket defence that i think only allowed 13 shots on their goal. Paddy Christie complained after that game that they weren't allowed to play and that Vincents did what they had to do i'm sure when he watches the game back he'll know his side were lucky they didn't lose by more.

Connolly looked really in the mood 1st half but 2nd half faded and was wasteful. Moving forward i think Vincents will need more consistency from Connolly moving.

Well, that's an hour of my life, I'll never get back.

That about sums up tonight. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Poorly coached are Ballymun. Real lack of cohesion to their play and once Vincents stopped their direct runners they were always going to lose. Their defenders choosing to watch their men rather than tackle didn't help either. McMahon was shocking.

Vincents wing forwards did a trojan amount of work. Thought Curley and Mullins did well too.

Connolly despite having an off day with the boot is still the difference in games like these. Made telling contributions from start to finish. Can't help thinking if he played for Ballymun they'd be the ones winning year in year out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

corny wrote: »
    Poorly coached are Ballymun. Real lack of cohesion to their play and once Vincents stopped their direct runners they were always going to lose. Their defenders choosing to watch their men rather than tackle didn't help either. McMahon was shocking.

Vincents wing forwards did a trojan amount of work. Thought Curley and Mullins did well too.

Connolly despite having an off day with the boot is still the difference in games like these. Made telling contributions from start to finish. Can't help thinking if he played for Ballymun they'd be the ones winning year in year out.

Yeah looking at Ballymun is like a high powered super car driven by a driver who does not know how to change gears.
    Something is wrong somewhere that this ageing Vincent's team can still do a number on them.
    I think it comes down to match intelligence Vincent's will always have it and most of the Ballymun team do not.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Is it about time Nathan Mullins got a call up by Jim Gavin?

He looks really solid since he moved to midfield.
    I also noticed he likes to drift wide at times when there is counter on. So it old wing-back role habits are useful.
    He has really improved as a player.

Is it about time Nathan Mullins got a call up by Jim Gavin?

It's his first season in midfield isn't it.

it about time Nathan Mullins got a call up by Jim Gavin?

He looks really solid since he moved to midfield.
    I also noticed he likes to drift wide at times when there is counter on. So it old wing-back role habits are useful.
    He has really improved as a player.

I don't think Nathan can play for Dublin. He declared for Donegal. He was born up there, when his Da was principal of Cardonagh National School.

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote:
    I don't think Nathan can play for Dublin. He declared for Donegal. He was born up there, when his Da was principal of Cardonagh National School.

He played for Dublin and Donegal at under 21 didn't he.

He last played for Donegal as far as I recall.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Stoner wrote: »
    He played for Dublin and Donegal at under 21 didn't he.

He did indeed. Was a sub on the Dublin bench back in 2010, then was on the donegal team a year later.

https://twitter.com/faytheharriers/status/925076794885201922

That's some hit.

Stoner wrote: »
    It's his first season in midfield isn't it.

I think it is.
    I used to think of him as a Paul Casey type wing-back solid if unspectacular.

It would be real interesting to see how Mullins fares at inter-county level in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Ballymun were terrible. Small and McCarthy were only county players who stood up. The missed goal chance in second half and some of Rock wides were difference.

ProudDUB wrote:
    He last played for Donegal as far as I recall.

What's that got to do with it though. He can play for either I'd imagine, or am i wrong

I'm not sure the Donegal lads thought much of him

There'll be club players all over the county looking to be sent flying by a good shoulder if it gets them a call up for their County :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Now, now Parlance.... play nice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Fair play to him for holding onto the ball tho :pac:

• Advertisement

Fair play to him for holding onto the ball tho :pac:

I think he just wanted something to cuddle ;)

I'll go now before there are a few shoulders landed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement