Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Good win for Cuala there.

Not many players with the class of Con O'Callaghan in the Country.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Slattsy wrote: »
    Good win for Cuala there.

Not many players with the class of Con O'Callaghan in the Country.

Agreed. Made Buckley look average today.

The fact he looks a better hurler this year despite playing football says everything about how good he could be, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Age old story of Dublin hurling. Best hurlers play football.... Callaghan is best dual player since JBM and Cummins. And he's only 20! Awful pity dual county is no longer viable. He'd get on any county hurling side.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Squareball

PARlance wrote: »
    Fair play to him for holding onto the ball tho :pac:

I think he just wanted something to cuddle ;)

I'll go now before there are a few shoulders landed.
    Just back in the US after a trip home for the game. Still in a state of total depression!! I really thought the Macker shoulder would ignite us but I think the long delay negated that. Long night after that. I am a life long Ballymun man and I don't think I have ever been as disappointed after a game. I feel we really left that one behind us and I think the damage done will last a long time. TBF to them, Vins got their tactics right and we did not adjust. I would not be a fan of theirs for many reasons going back to the 70's so I can't offer them my congratulations, best I can do is to say they got this one right.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Squareball

PARlance wrote: »
    Fair play to him for holding onto the ball tho :pac:

I think he just wanted something to cuddle ;)

I'll go now before there are a few shoulders landed.
    Just back in the US after a trip home for the game. Still in a state of total depression!! I really thought the Macker shoulder would ignite us but I think the long delay negated that. Long night after that. I am a life long Ballymun man and I don't think I have ever been as disappointed after a game. I feel we really left that one behind us and I think the damage done will last a long time. TBF to them, Vins got their tactics right and we did not adjust. I would not be a fan of theirs for many reasons going back to the 70's so I can't offer them my congratulations, best I can do is to say they got this one right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Without Clarke Mayo wouldnt have got past Derry/Cork etc etc. He was in their top three best players every game all year. Cluxton hadnt any work to do all year. His first half kickouts in the final had to go long as he has no space in his usual "pockets" and Parsons and the O'Sheas did well in the midfield for those kickouts. If i had the choice of any keeper in the country in a draft i would pick Cluxton 100% of the time. That doesnt mean that he was the top performing keeper this year. Just because he is who he is and he is on the winning team doesnt mean a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Without Clarke Mayo wouldnt have got past Derry/Cork etc etc. He was in their top three best players every game all year. Cluxton hadnt any work to do all year. His first half kickouts in the final had to go long as he has no space in his usual "pockets" and Parsons and the O'Sheas did well in the midfield for those kickouts. If i had the choice of any keeper in the country in a draft i would pick Cluxton 100% of the time. That doesnt mean that he was the top performing keeper this year. Just because he is who he is and he is on the winning team doesnt mean a thing.
    I guess its very ironic that the keeper who was given the most action during the year and conceded 8 goals supposedly had 66% of the best defenders in the game this year in front of him

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I
    Riddled with politics, confirmation bias, selective amnesia, and the complete absence of any validation of those from the weaker counties, like Carlow.
    Off the top of my head wasn't the fella who played out of his skin for Carlow v Dublin called Murphy something?
    He had a beard.

At most the all-star's gets those involved a free dinner, a few drinks and a nice free night out.

But the 'Murphy something's with the beards' are forgotten about :mad:

Sean Murphy. Deserved MOTM against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

He deserved an All-Star more than Aidan O'Shea or David Clarke, he never let his team down in a big game.

He at least deserved a nomination. Was great for Carlow all year. His club were beaten in Carlow so unfortunately won't see any more of him. Thought he might have gotten onto the compromise rules squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

kilns wrote: »
    I guess its very ironic that the keeper who was given the most action during the year and conceded 8 goals supposedly had 66% of the best defenders in the game this year in front of him

Sssshhhhh.....we're not supposed to ask any awkward questions as to why exactly David Clarke had to work as hard as he did this year, or why Mayo struggled to beat so many non Division 1 teams, or why they had to play 6754 games to reach the AI final.....or what role David Clarke played in all of that. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Sssshhhhh.....we're not supposed to ask any awkward questions as to why exactly David Clarke had to work as hard as he did this year, or why Mayo struggled to beat so many non Division 1 teams, or why they had to play 6754 games to reach the AI final.....or what role David Clarke played in all of that. :rolleyes:

What the Mayo boys don't get is that Clarke would swap every single one of his All-Stars for the chance to take that kick-out again, even if there were no guarantees that they would score or that they would win a replay. Ditto Andy Moran who would sell his POTY for the chance to have COC try that free again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

blanch152 wrote: »
    What the Mayo boys don't get is that Clarke would swap every single one of his All-Stars for the chance to take that kick-out again, even if there were no guarantees that they would score or that they would win a replay. Ditto Andy Moran who would sell his POTY for the chance to have COC try that free again.

And COC would still miss it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Bonniedog wrote: »
    He at least deserved a nomination. Was great for Carlow all year. His club were beaten in Carlow so unfortunately won't see any more of him. Thought he might have gotten onto the compromise rules squad.

Thought the same thing myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Bonniedog wrote:

I think a nomination was all he was looking for, or his manager anyway. He deserved that at a minimum imo they'd a relatively brilliant run this year.

The Carlow lad won the Wooly award for Best Man of The Match performance all year. Who needs All Ireland medals, or All Star awards when you can win a Wooly award instead? :P

So Carlow does actually exist? Is that what you're all saying?

Slattsy wrote: »
    So Carlow does actually exist? Is that what you're all saying?

It inhabits the same Willy Wonka Twilight Zone (hence the shirts) that Laythrum does.

Does that answer your ceist?

It inhabits the same Willy Wonka Twilight Zone (hence the shirts) that Laythrum does.

Does that answer your ceist?

I thought the jerseys had something to do with gay pride.

Careful now....we don't want to be bringing one of those "is this what passes for Dublin humour?" lectures upon ourselves. ;)

#DownWithThatSortOfThing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Careful now....we don't want to be bringing one of those "is this what passes for Dublin humour?" lectures upon ourselves. ;)

#DownWithThatSortOfThing

#CarefulNow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Vincents beaten today 1-13 to 1-09 by Rathnew.

Divide Rathnew in half :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Divide Rathnew in half :-)

Blow up Aughrim!

I see Leighton Glynn was one of key players. Remember seeing him playing Dublin in old Division II in hurling in 2005 I think and even though we won well he was one of best players on the pitch. didn't realise he was still playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

That must be some sort of record?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

I see Leighton Glynn was one of key players. Remember seeing him playing Dublin in old Division II in hurling in 2005 I think and even though we won well he was one of best players on the pitch. didn't realise he was still playing.

Unbelievable player.!!
    Holds 20 Wicklow senior medals, 11 football and 9 hurling.
    won a Leinster senior football many years back V Na Fianna, 2002.??
    Outstanding at compromise rules. Must be mid to late 30's now.
    Was 'nominated' for a football All-Star, and an insult not to be picked even once, when we see a forward this season awarded his THIRD despite failing to score in FIVE finals.

Probably unlucky Twitter or Selfies didn't exist when he was in his prime...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement

Vinnies won a pile of SFCs and SHCs in 50s and 60s so likes of Foleys and Heffo would come close but doubt they have that many. Lar might as he played for some ridiculous amount of years! Some achievement all the same. Remember we stopped in Ashford on way back from O'Byrne game about ten years ago, and someone explaining why he played hurling for Glenealy and football for Rathnew!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement