Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Welcome back Dalo !

A true Dub at heart.

Sez me actual heart.

But the cynical aul head wants to know how much this is costing Crokes?

neUc2Z8.png

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Bambi wrote: »
    Have a lot of grá for Daly

None for Crokes though :D

:D .. only a mother could love them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

So rumour has it we've Offaly at home and Wexico away in the O'Byrne Cup.

Where was the game down there two years ago? Was it in Enniscorthy? I remember it being switched all over the place, after all the monsoon flooding over the New Year. Can't for the life of me remember where we eventually landed. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

With Kilanerin winning the Intermediate Leinster football title on Saturday, and far be it for me to acknowledge their achievement what with them being my club's fiercest rival, I was trying to downplay it over the last few days. But wasn't entirely sure on the club championship structures in Dublin.

How many senior teams play senior championship? I heard it was as many as 32 but thought it too high. I know Ballyboughal won a play-off for the right to represent Dublin in Leinster, but how did they 'rank' in their own championship?

The way I was putting their victory in perspective was the 12th ranked team in Wexford football defeated a middle-ranked Dublin team. But couldn't figure out where they actually sat in the rankings. I know they won 2 Inter titles, the last back in the 1970s- so the achievement looks better on paper than in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

So rumour has it we've Offaly at home and Wexico away in the O'Byrne Cup.

Where was the game down there two years ago? Was it in Enniscorthy? I remember it being switched all over the place, after all the monsoon flooding over the New Year. Can't for the life of me remember where we eventually landed. :rolleyes:

Was it New Ross? Great game, Dublin pulled it out of the fire I think.

Castletown, Ballyboughal be long way off the top senior teams, but then so are at least 20 of those in SFC!

• Advertisement

With Kilanerin winning the Intermediate Leinster football title on Saturday, and far be it for me to acknowledge their achievement what with them being my club's fiercest rival, I was trying to downplay it over the last few days. But wasn't entirely sure on the club championship structures in Dublin.

How many senior teams play senior championship? I heard it was as many as 32 but thought it too high. I know Ballyboughal won a play-off for the right to represent Dublin in Leinster, but how did they 'rank' in their own championship?

The way I was putting their victory in perspective was the 12th ranked team in Wexford football defeated a middle-ranked Dublin team. But couldn't figure out where they actually sat in the rankings. I know they won 2 Inter titles, the last back in the 1970s- so the achievement looks better on paper than in reality.

The whole Leinster campaign was a complete bonus for Ballyboughal this year, they play Naomh Barrog this Sunday with the chance to go to senior league football next year - which was basically their ambition for this year.

There's 32 teams across two leagues in senior football, but in fairness to boughal they would be well inside the top 32 on ability alone. They were beaten at the 1/4 stage of the Inter championship this year and beaten in the final of the B championship a couple of years ago - which is basically a competition for 1st round losers in the main championship, and that was something they targeted back then! So they've come a fair distance in terms of their expectations.

Ballyboughal would be one of the few examples left of the notion of a village team in Dublin, I'd say they'd be on a par with St Patrick's in Camolin for size etc.

I've a few lads from the village who were down in Wexford Pk last Saturday where ultimately the game was decided by a last minute penalty hitting the crossbar and going over, they were naturally disappointed but in a lot of respects it allowed them refocus on the showdown this Sunday

Does New Ross have the famine ship? Don't think it was there. Gorey maybe? I remember there was a SuperValu a few minutes walk from the ground & they did bad ass breakfast rolls. ;)

Yeah Castletown, it's 32 teams at Senior level. Mad number, seeing as it's straight knock out, but there ya go.

Does New Ross have the famine ship? Don't think it was there. Gorey maybe? I remember there was a SuperValu a few minutes walk from the ground & they did bad ass breakfast rolls. ;)

Yeah Castletown, it's 32 teams at Senior level. Mad number, seeing as it's straight knock out, but there ya go.

Twas Enniscorthy PD ,St. Patrick's Pk

Next year's club championship structure is all change - the Inter for example will only be contested by teams that don't have a representative in the Senior

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Next year's club championship structure is all change - the Inter for example will only be contested by teams that don't have a representative in the Senior

I didn't know this, but that's a good idea.

• Advertisement

Ah jaysis I forgot to give ya a heads up that Crokes have invited expressions of interest on applying for the role of manager of the football team - there was some mention of the private jet being made available to the successful candidate on a week on week off basis with Dalo ;)

Crokes only have the one private jet?

Jayzus, that's shockin' !

Ah jaysis I forgot to give ya a heads up that Crokes have invited expressions of interest on applying for the role of manager of the football team - there was some mention of the private jet being made available to the successful candidate on a week on week off basis with Dalo ;)

Is Carlo Ancelotti still available?

Slattsy wrote: »
    Is Carlo Ancelotti still available?

:D .. I'd say big Sam is kicking himself for taking the Everton gig!

:D .. I'd say big Sam is kicking himself for taking the Everton gig!

Crokes are too big a club!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Slattsy wrote: »
    Crokes are too big a club!

Split them in two

• Registered Users Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

"One of the nights, we had Ian Robertson with us. He was a fine footballer but was always breaking down, so we called him 'Lada'.

So that started the thing going. We figured Dessie was a Mini, great in straight lines, good on the corners, but struggles over longer distances.

It went on like that. They asked me what I was, and I said 'Ferrari'. They were going 'what, a Ferrari?'

And I said, 'yeah, I can run on any fuel'.
    "

: Vinnie Murphy

iPxHzyi.png?1

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

That's uimhir a cuig in the arse pocket as of tonight so...

Thought last years was lovely, with the 1916 inscription, but this will do.

I suppose. :D

DQD_J7CX0AI38Ws.jpg:large

Jayzus...that's massive. :eek:

Sorry !

Jayzus...that's massive. :eek:

Sorry !

That's what she said.

Sorry.

• Advertisement

Who?

Yo mama?

Who?

Yo mama?

That's completely unnecessary.

Mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

It's the All Ireland medal that the footballers were presented with at a ceremony tonight.

5th such night in 7 years.

You think you'd know the drill by now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Patww79 wrote: »
    What's the DAVY on the Cuala shirts? Sponsor or a tribute thing?

The commentator has probably said but I can't understand a word.

Sponsor, one of the Schutte brothers did/does work there

Good first half from Cuala. They continue to impress me more every time i see them. O'Callaghan just unreal, the most talented player in the country, probably.

Nasty pull at the end from their 11.

• Advertisement

Well that's Con gone for another Spring & league campaign. He'll never break into the Seniors at this rate. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement