Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

It's NEVER too warm for coddle, you fcuking heathen ! :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Arra would you stop, it's not a summer dish.

Similar to drinking stout in a beer garden, you just don't do it!

Eh, look over at yer own signature there, ya mad eegit. :P

Didn't even know I had a signature!

Location, sorry, location. The stress of all this, has me poor brain quare addled.

• Advertisement

Oh that!

Tis an awful stressful time for everyone, not just us Dubs....the culchies have had their boards.ie comments ready to copy and paste from word documents since they heard DC was appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Jayop wrote: »
    Any word yet from Dermo?

He's had the Benetti suit dry cleaned for his big day tamarra

DoctaDee wrote: »
    He's had the Benetti suit dry cleaned for his big day tamarra

How much do get paid for mentioning them? Ha

S'funny, since the age of 7, the Crofton Airport Hotel was notable for one and one thing only. It was where I had my First Communion lunch, which heralded in the start of my lifelong love affair with Yorkshire pud.

Now, it's notable as the site of two recent, far more infamous events:

- Dermo's 2am CCCCCCCCCCCCC meeting the day before the 2015 AI semi final.

- The shooting that reignited the Kinahan/Hutch feud.

I think we all know which event has caused the most collateral damage. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Slattsy wrote: »
    Too warm for coddle lads.

Extra carrots.

Stoner is on penance after the Carlow revelations.

Tomorrow is TK shandy day.

Kinda like Lough Derg but more craic and less Donegallers.

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    S'funny, since the age of 7, the Crofton Airport Hotel was notable for one and one thing only. It was where I had my First Communion lunch, which heralded in the start of my lifelong love affair with Yorkshire pud.

I went to the Clarence for my communion dinner. I peaked too early. Haven't darkened its door since, First ever Yorkshire pud as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I went to the Clarence for my communion dinner. I peaked too early. Haven't darkened its door since, First ever Yorkshire pud as well.

Fecking Dublin WestBrits. :rolleyes:

The Clarence part is more west Britty. A first Yorkshire pud in 1991 does not a west Brit make.

Also we prefer the term Jackeen. :P

Was about to say the same thing.

Awful carry on. Bet they like cricket too.

I love cricket.

Tarf Sixths 2009-2010 was my greatest hour. :)

Got my own gravy boat too. The mammy never put enough gravy on the roast schpuds at home. For once, I wasn't told to sit down and shurrup....and I got my very own, full to the brim gravy boat, thank you very much. Gas the things that made you feel special back then. I didn't even know what a bouncy castle was...never mind throw a strop that there wasn't one in the back garden all day long. :rolleyes:

So are we each taking 2 hour shifts during the night, to look out for the first sign of white smoke, or what? Or are we just gonna loiter in the Regency lobby for an hour a piece & bribe the night porter with chipper chips to keep us informed of "developments" ?

Thought the hearing was tomorrow night?

Or was sniffing glue again?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I believe Jeff sessions was just asked under oath about the Dermo controversy and what his views were on the possible life threatening events that unfolded during the Senate hearings tonight. You'll be glad to know he plead the 5th, thankfully diverting a possible return to Cold War politics.

Meanwhile on a little small Island just off the west coast of mainland Europe, Dublin agent provocateur MayoforSam was seen purchasing a new COYBIB bodhran, duvet and PJ set. (Only kidding Mayo, keep fighting the good fight)

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Checked Twitbook. Some reports saying it's tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I thought it was tomorrow too but Off the ball said tonight/

• Advertisement

Got my own gravy boat too. The mammy never put enough gravy on the roast schpuds at home. For once, I wasn't told to sit down and shurrup....and I got my very own, full to the brim gravy boat, thank you very much. Gas the things that made you feel special back then. I didn't even know what a bouncy castle was...never mind throw a strop that there wasn't one in the back garden all day long. :rolleyes:

So are we each taking 2 hour shifts during the night, to look out for the first sign of white smoke, or what? Or are we just gonna loiter in the Regency lobby for an hour a piece & bribe the night porter with chipper chips to keep us informed of "developments" ?

Jaysus, loitering around the Regency would give a fella an awful name and possibly get Paul Williams on your case. You might even make the front cover of the Sunday World or whatever rag he writes for these days.

Same here.

Surely if all their ducks are in a row this will be a short hearing with a straight forward ban.

JRant wrote: »
    I believe Jeff sessions was just asked under oath about the Dermo controversy and what his views were on the possible life threatening events that unfolded during the Senate hearings tonight. You'll be glad to know he plead the 5th, thankfully diverting a possible return to Cold War politics.

Meanwhile on a little small Island just off the west coast of mainland Europe, Dublin agent provocateur MayoforSam was seen purchasing a new COYBIB bodhran, duvet and PJ set. (Only kidding Mayo, keep fighting the good fight)

See, there are some things I will never really fully understand. The mysteries of parallel parking. Marty Morrissey's hair line. The plot in Quantum of Solace. The Modh Coinniollach. And the MayoForSam thing. Is it one person, or many long suffering persons? They multiply across multiple interweb forums at the start of every summer....like...like...like...little baby frogspawn hatchlings, emerging from their eggs. Just how many of them are there? It baffles me. It really does.
    :confused::confused::confused:

See, there are some things I will never really fully understand. The mysteries of parallel parking. Marty Morrissey's hair line. The plot in Quantum of Solace. The Modh Coinnealiollach. And the MayoForSam thing. Is it one person, or many long suffering persons? They multiply across multiple interwebs forums at the start of every summer....like...like...like...little baby frogspawn hatchlings, emerging from their eggs. Just how many of them are there? It baffles me. It really does.
    :confused::confused::confused:

I view it more in terms of Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle.

I would have gone more along the lines of Schrodinger's Cat.

In terms of Mayo's quest for an All Ireland, when does a quantum system stop existing as a superposition of states and become one or the other?

But each to their own and all that. :D

I only assumed it was tonight cos of OTB. When all the heads here were chattering I thought it was pushed back.

Tony Hanahoe is getting welly for 2 nights anyway... Straight into the wee hours of Wednesday of them.

Yeah, that summer timeshare in Fungi-rola, doesn't seem quite the investment that Captain Fantastic once thought it was, huh? :rolleyes:

Ban upheld according to RTE. Let that be the end of it now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I would have gone more along the lines of Schrodinger's Cat.

In terms of Mayo's quest for an All Ireland, when does a quantum system stop existing as a superposition of states and become one or the other?

But each to their own and all that. :D

What's all this about my cat? :)

• Advertisement

Yup, that's that.

Furore avoided.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement