Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Looks as though Nathan Mullins is nailing his colours to the Donegal mast - was involved in a challenge game against Ros over the weekend maybe he still hasn't recovered from the tap Jamesie Mc gave him in the county final :D. Anyways best of luck to the young lad should be a good addition to the set up

Nightmare of a commute for training sessions.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Does he not have to transfer to Donegal club? There was a rule where weaker counties could take players form stronger counties on similar grounds to soccer players declaring on basis of ancestry, but that obviously doesn't apply to Donegal!

I recall being at county convention about ten years ago where Brian Mullins was defending Vinnies taking players from whoever they wished. Just saying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

JRant wrote: »
    I know as much about horse racing as a Kilkenny man would about football :)
    Still not sure how he would qualify for manager of the year though or am I missing something?

The showjumpers winning is just downright bizarre. Who in the name of jaysus voted for them. I'd say Cian O'Connor was parked in front of the phone hopping the voting line out of it.

I can't understand why Con wasn't even nominated but such is the wacky world of RTE.

It’s not just the horses he ‘manages’ it’s all the stable staff too who he always acknowledges play their part in any big race success.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Gael85

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Does he not have to transfer to Donegal club? There was a rule where weaker counties could take players form stronger counties on similar grounds to soccer players declaring on basis of ancestry, but that obviously doesn't apply to Donegal!

I recall being at county convention about ten years ago where Brian Mullins was defending Vinnies taking players from whoever they wished. Just saying!

Think he was born in Donegal? Didn't Brian teach up there for a few years in the 90s?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Gael85 wrote: »
    Think he was born in Donegal? Didn't Brian teach up there for a few years in the 90s?

Yes indeed Mullins Jr was born and bred up there while Brian was teaching (and getting banned for fisty cuffs at an underage game). It's time for Jim Gavin to reach out to the former St James's Gaels man McBrearty to see if he'd come the other way ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

And poor aul Auntie Nuala thought I didn't chat to her enough last Christmas Eve. :o

https://twitter.com/eirSport/status/942786546549133312

Sorry Auntie Nuala. I'll make it up to you on Stephens Day. Just no more trifle !

#DublinDay

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

DoctaDee wrote:
    Yes indeed Mullins Jr was born and bred up there while Brian was teaching (and getting banned for fisty cuffs at an underage game). It's time for Jim Gavin to reach out to the former St James's Gaels man McBrearty to see if he'd come the other way

True McBrearty and line out for Dublin and Mullins for Donegal and play ball in a different county as they were born in Dublin and Donegal.

Uh oh.

Did Stoner have an extra large second helping of Auntie Nuala's sherry trifle?

It's the sneaky brandy she puts in it, that always gets me. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ProudDUB wrote:
    It's the sneaky brandy she puts in it, that always gets me.

Sherry

• Registered Users Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

ProudDUB wrote: »
    And poor aul Auntie Nuala thought I didn't chat to her enough last Christmas Eve. :o

https://twitter.com/eirSport/status/942786546549133312

Sorry Auntie Nuala. I'll make it up to you on Stephens Day. Just no more trifle !

#DublinDay

The rest of the country is going to love this. :D
    It was funnier when Dublin were winning f-all Sams, struggling to win Leinster.
    And RTE did a behind the scenes documentary in 2005 with Pillar Caffery's team.
    They had thier nicknames in brackets and all 'Cluko', 'Jayo' etc. :D

It is STILL on the RTE website
    https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/the-dubs-the-story-of-a-season-30003529/10488112/

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

Ah now, fair is fair.

Mayo have their own documentary on every September Easter.

The Sorrowful Mysteries. ;)

Strong looking Blue stars teams for Saturday in Vinnies. Callaghan is down to line out for the hurlers as are a good few Cuala, so hurling should be interesting as it will have a bit of a trial game feel to it.

A fair few of the AI team down to play in the football. Hopefully they will turn up. Last year in Parnell was a bit of a joke. Progamme which they were selling for 3 Euros didn't even have the team sheets! 3 euro for 8 pages of ads. Some neck whoever's idea that was :-)

This year, problem is how to get in without giving Vins any money at the gate, and avoid paying for drink.

Shockin' carry on there Bonnie, just shockin'....this is the Dublin thread, not the Cavan one.

Oh no wait a minute, you just don't want to be making any contributions to Vinnie's transfer market slush fund, do you?

Never mind. I don't blame you mate. Neither do I !

#DownWithThatSortOfThing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,848 ✭✭✭billyhead

Strong looking Blue stars teams for Saturday in Vinnies. Callaghan is down to line out for the hurlers as are a good few Cuala, so hurling should be interesting as it will have a bit of a trial game feel to it.

A fair few of the AI team down to play in the football. Hopefully they will turn up. Last year in Parnell was a bit of a joke. Progamme which they were selling for 3 Euros didn't even have the team sheets! 3 euro for 8 pages of ads. Some neck whoever's idea that was :-)

This year, problem is how to get in without giving Vins any money at the gate, and avoid paying for drink.
    How much will it cost to get in and does the Parnell Pass grant entry?

billyhead wrote: »
    How much will it cost to get in and does the Parnell Pass grant entry?

Was a tenner last year. Parnell Pass no good for this one I'm afraid.

The PP is only good for champo and home league games.

You have to pay into the pre season games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Simple, head in towards Charlemont estate and drive into the Institute. Walk up the pitches and head in the back gate. If that's locked then bail over the wall.

You might need a distraction so bring a Craobh Chiaráin geansai with you.

Or you could help the Dalkia flush fund.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Not sure I am that desperate! "Man in Wexford like jersey beaten to death in mysterious circumstances. Ten Euro note missing from pocket."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

It's definitely worth mentioning that the ladies Dub stars event taking place in DCU on 14th Jan is again free admission with the usual bucket collection - this year in aid of the Gaelic Voices

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

There is something wrong with him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

AGC wrote: »
    There is something wrong with him

Nothing at all wrong with him. His career depends on being noticed, so he does things that get a reaction. If he had tits, he'd be a camgirl.

Simple economics.

Oh dear. Does this mean he won't be joining his fellow Lilyshytes, in clapping us onto the pitch as All Ireland champions, at our first home league game?

Devastated so I am, so I am !

Ah well....at least it's a change from Kerry always doing it. That was starting to get boring. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Fcuk him.

He is beneath my notice.

So Berno just knocked the ball into the net in the 2013 AI final.

Don't anyone ruin it for me...but I've a feeling its only going to get worse for Mayo from here on out...and I don't just mean in this game. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Fcuk him.

He is beneath my notice.

So Berno just knocked the ball into the net in the 2013 AI final.

Don't anyone ruin it for me...but I've a feeling its only going to get worse for Mayo from here on out...and I don't just mean in this game. :D

Second one from Brogan just gone in. :p

You'd get all the schpuds peeled for tomorow, in the amount of time CO'C took to take that last free. Good man, Cillian. May as well get started on the Brussel sprouts too....

Had forgotten what a damn good thrashing hurlers gave Galway in 2013. I'm afraid that was the year we really missed out.

True 'dat. :(

62 mins gone in the 2011 Final.

Only 2 minutes to go to THE GOAL.

Buckle Up Ya'll for the ride of yizzer lives. :D

• Advertisement

Kevin Nolan with the pt out of absolutely fcuking no where.

Six years on and I still go WTF every time I see it.

And I still $hit myself every time Donaghy gets his spake in the other end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement