Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

Looking back at the kerry turnover in the middle of the field that lead to that goal. Very simple turnover and caught kerry backs out of position

Kerry looked to be in total control with eight minutes to go.

Great point from Kevin Nolan. Some point under pressure. Some point from Donaghey as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yeah, and Berno kicked an amazing point, just before it. Amid all fuss and kerfuffle over the Kev Nolan/Kev Mc/Clucko wonder scores, I don't think he ever got enough credit for that. It was from a ridiculously tight angle and he had the obligatory three defenders hanging out of him.

This Galway crowd from '83 are some bunch of snowflakes, wha' ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

Imagine John o leary in goal in 83. And again in 95. Some service to a county

Fingers crossed Clucko stays around for 22 years too.

Michael O'Hehir's commentary during some of the....ahem... skirmishes is funny. You can practically hear the cogs in his brain turning, as he tries to be diplomatic about what is going on right in front of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Heffo: "Galway came up to kick us, and we didn't let them down."! He didn't do Jim's being discreet :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ProudDUB wrote:
    And I still $hit myself every time Donaghy gets his spake in the other end.

It was a great set of scores, the one from the big man to level it again was a great score, I thought that was it when he made it all square again.

Brogans point, Nolan's point, Star's point were all fantastic championship scores from players with bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Stoner wrote: »
    It was a great set of scores, the one from the big man to level it again was a great score, I thought that was it when he made it all square again.

Brogans point, Nolan's point, Star's point were all fantastic championship scores from players with bottle.

Take that shoite elsewhere Mr Brolly!

---

Happy Christmas to the lot of ye!

It was a monster score.
    It made the win even better though, the fact that they levelled things up

Daughter got me Philly and Jason's bukes for Christmas. Look like good reads.

Bonniedog wrote:
    Daughter got me Philly and Jason's bukes for Christmas. Look like good reads.

I've three copies of Philly's book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I've three copies of Philly's book.

:D .... everyone seems to have 2nd guessed me getting Phillys book as a pressie - I've Jayos alright, but hope is fading fast that I'll bag a copy of The Choice..... we'll set up a book club in the new year for swapsies !

Oh, ..Happy Christmas to all you savages.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It as a monster score.
    It made the win even better though, the fact that they levelled things up

No issue with the score. My heart sank watching it go over. Just referencing the eejit as Star gets to me.

I've not opened any of my presents yet. I wonder if there's any Dub stuff in it. I mean it would be an easy one... eh?

Got the youngest brother (the "juvenile" on my ST) "THE DUBS - THE COMPLETE RECORD OF DUBLIN FOOTBALL : A COMPREHENSIVE RECORD OF ALL TEAMS, SCORERS AND FACTS OF DUBLIN FOOTBALL TEAMS SINCE 1884"

https://www.easons.com/the-dubs-the-complete-record-of-dublin-football-a-comprehensive-record-of-all-teams-scorers-an-gerry-callan-9780995479371

Serious piece of work.

---

In a similar vein, I actually want to get a hold of this yoke:
    https://www.facebook.com/The-History-of-GAA-Clubs-in-County-Down-Old-New-491352381249694/

Merry Christmas yiz shower of fillty animals. :D

Here's to another glorious year in our glorious capital...with loads a coddle, craic and silverware a'plenty !

Up The Dubs !

All set for tomorrow night, hoping it's particularly cold so I can stress test the new hoodie and beanie. It's also time to reintroduce my now 9 yr old to the Dubs, having brought him in 2014 to the Donegal loss and the ladies AI loss he was parked as a potential hex. We've gone through the Santeria rituals in casa de Santos, some blood letting etc I'm assured he's cleansed...we'll wait and see

Hard to know what we'll see tomorrow, potentially a lot with the unlimited replacements rule they''ve introduced. I suppose the eyes will be on Aaron Byrne, O'Gara Jr, Basquel, McGowan, a couple of local lads in Seavers, Adam Rogers and one or other of the Smiths from Skerries should get a run. I've no expectations one way or the other - if Dublin lose I'm buying the young lad a Mayo or Kerry jersey :D

All set too.

Remember to keep the program.

I'd like to see Howard get a good run too, I know he's on the senior panel but with bastic gone he's even more important.

Docta, what about the ritual sacrifice of a chicken? Shouldn't you be ripping the head off one (with your bare hands obvs) & making the young fella drink the blood?

Or tossing a virgin Bray chungwan off the top of Sugarloaf?

We can not afford to leave any stones unturned in the quest for the Ten In A Row.

All set too.

Remember to keep the program.

I'd like to see Howard get a good run too, I know he's on the senior panel but with bastic gone he's even more important.

Is Howard not gone to SA on the team holiday ? .. we've done our work Stoner having highlighted Scully & Howard to Jim .. time for someone else to step up and pick a winner ;)
    ProudDUB wrote: »
    Docta, what about the ritual sacrifice of a chicken? Shouldn't you be ripping the head off one (with your bare hands obvs) & making the young fella drink the blood?

Or tossing a virgin Bray chungwan off the top of Sugarloaf?

We can not afford to leave any stones unturned in the quest for the Ten In A Row.

We did the preteen chicken ritual .. we had to rip the batter of a chicken nugget PD ... as for the virgin sacrifice I wouldn't know where to start looking :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

Yeah Pat it is THAT Abbotstown .. game is being played on pitch 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

Patww79 wrote:

Savage set up there too!

Any ideas who is on this PANEL for the footballers? Clarke over them again?

Savage set up there too!

Any ideas who is on this PANEL for the footballers? Clarke over them again?

Yeah Paul Clarke has taken the reins - I haven't seen any definite panel anywhere - the general consensus is that it contains lads that played in the game in UCD to mark the renaming of the Dave Billings pitch and the Dubstars game in Vincents - minus the senior panel members and I'm unsure about the college lads, as even tho the colleges aren't involved in OBC this year the Sigerson is due to start in a couple of weeks so they maybe rested ...

Ah, the abject misery of matches in January. I look on it as having served a period in purgatory prior to the ascension to glory since 2011.

Young people do not understand this, and I regard them in same light as Nick Hornby did the Arsenal supporters who celebrated their first win since 1971. My daughter has only seen Dublin beaten twice in six years. What sort of moral grounding is that ?

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Ah, the abject misery of matches in January. I look on it as having served a period in purgatory prior to the ascension to glory since 2011.

Young people do not understand this, and I regard them in same light as Nick Hornby did the Arsenal supporters who celebrated their first win since 1971. My daughter has only seen Dublin beaten twice in six years. What sort of moral grounding is that ?

I'd be having words with her Maths teacher first. We've only been beaten* once in the past 6 years. ;)

* in the champo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

What time is throw in tomorrow lads?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I'd be having words with her Maths teacher first. We've only been beaten* once in the past 6 years. ;)

* in the champo.

Donegal in 2014, Longford in O'Byrne and the princes, damn their souls, in the league final. I assure her that karma dictates that she too will endure later years of utter darkness. that's how you become happy!

JRant wrote: »
    What time is throw in tomorrow lads?

8 bells for both afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

DoctaDee wrote: »
    8 bells for both afaik

Cheers, I'll pop over for a while so. The facilities out there are second to none and there's a small grandstand there for a bit of shelter from the elements but I'll be putting the winter gear on.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

DoctaDee wrote:
    Is Howard not gone to SA on the team holiday ? .. we've done our work Stoner having highlighted Scully & Howard to Jim .. time for someone else to step up and pick a winner

I guess he must be, good call. I wouldn't begrudge him the trip but these games would serve him well. He played very little with the senior team.

• Advertisement

Back in work today.

Starving at the moment, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's traditional bag of chips more than the football at this stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement