Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

blanch152 wrote: »
    Paddys weekend in Galway is the one.

Provided they dont play it in Tuam.
    I remember that fiasco last year in Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I know. I'm staying in the badlands of Strabane and Claremorris. God help me ! ;)

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I know. I'm staying in the badlands of Strabane and Claremorris. God help me ! ;)

Bandit country on both sides of the border.

Fann Linn wrote: »

Bandit country on both sides of the border.

Ah, the Rossies aren't that bad.

Edit: I freely admit I don't have an iota where Claremorris actually is.

Ah, the Rossies aren't that bad.

Edit: I freely admit I don't have an iota where Claremorris actually is.

You are half an hour from Castlebar so on a good road. You'll also be approaching McHale Park from the right side .

Is it the McWilliam park hotel you're staying in? If it is its a fine hotel with a nice bar and good food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Provided they dont play it in Tuam.
    I remember that fiasco last year in Roscommon.

Tuam is 2-3 minutes from the motorway.

Pearse is in Salthill. Match traffic is probably one of the worst in the country.

Tuam is a little decrepit, but at least it's not a wind tunnel like Salthill is at one end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Anyone else that little bit more excited for Saturday by not having a clue who’ll start or even be on the match squad. We all in agreement that Howard, Carthy & Emmet O’C are all guaranteed to be in the starting 15, possibly Basquel too. Anyone else from the O’Byrne Cup squad who might get a start?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

You've just reminded me I need to get in to Dorset St by Friday for the tickets on the PPass - so I can't say it's been high on my priorities this week so far. Hard to figure exactly the calibre of player that'll turn out on Saturday, other than to say it would want to be a few pegs higher than those that togged out for OBC. I'd imagine there'll be also fair bit of thought into the relative overall fitness of players, particulalrly playing in Croker against Kildare lads that'll be a few months ahead in their fitness schedule.

I seem to remember us fielding quite a strong team against Cavan last year so there may well be a greater number of senior players togged out than we'd think

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

Will there be much of a crowd there Saturday? Be great to see a packed hill. Hopefully the weather holds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Will there be much of a crowd there Saturday? Be great to see a packed hill. Hopefully the weather holds.
    It'd be great to see a packed hill for the hurlers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭LooseCannonUF

Kavrocks wrote: »
    It'd be great to see a packed hill for the hurlers.

We’ll take it over.

The Hill won't be close to packed. During the league, the CP geniuses who decide on these things, close off the entire Hill, except for Section B. Everyone will be wedged like sardines into B and the rest of the Hill will be empty. It's crap for generating atmosphere & it looks terrible on the telly. It's one of my pet peeves about this time of year.

We’ll take it over.

That's you and Mick McDonagh on The Hill so far ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Far too cold too be standing on Hill for 3 hours in January! Going to fork out for the stand.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Far too cold too be standing on Hill for 3 hours in January! Going to fork out for the stand.

Me too. Although if any season ticket holders want to throw a stand ticket my way, that they won't be using themselves, t'wud be very, very rude of me to say no. ;)

If any one wants my Parnell Pass tickets for the Hill, for the Kildare or Kerry games, drop me a line here & I'll drop them in the post to you tomorrow. No charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Forecast looks good, which probably means horizontal sheets of arctic rain on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Bonniedog wrote:

Good to see you are bothering your bollxcks and going to a game Bonnie !!!!

Stoner wrote: »

Jaysis ... Grenade !!! :pac:

Ah now, c'mon. We're all Dubs here. And it's only feckin' January. Pace yerselves.

Lets keep this level of snark for when we're playing a county that'll still be around in late August.

#SeeWhatIDidThere

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Ah now, c'mon. We're all Dubs here. And it's only feckin' January. Pace yerselves.

Lets keep this level of snark for when we're playing a county that'll still be around in late August.

#SeeWhatIDidThere

With all the rain of late we might have to give them a hand getting out of the long grass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Stoner wrote: »

Gas man. Last game I was at was 1938 hurling final. Bit of a tight squeeze after modelling under pants in Cleary's window for the morning :D

Sweet, suffering Jesus....will 7 bells on Saturday evening ever arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Hurling team named for tomorrow. Fairly similar to the Walsh Cup teams. I liked to have seen Daire Grey in the half forward line but both Donal Burke and Fergal Whitely are flying in Fitzgibbon and were good in the Walsh Cup.

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/status/956908921356279809

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

The Dubs - The Story of a Season

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Sweet, suffering Jesus....will 7 bells on Saturday evening ever arrive?

Throw in is at 5 :mad:

Simmer down there soldier. I'm in work 'till 6.

DoctaDee wrote: »
    ..... It's also time to reintroduce my now 9 yr old to the Dubs, having brought him in 2014 to the Donegal loss and the ladies AI loss he was parked as a potential hex. We've gone through the Santeria rituals in casa de Santos, some blood letting etc I'm assured he's cleansed...we'll wait and see

This was posted before the OBC loss to Offaly, the hex continues, he's coming tonight .. get the money on the Lillies :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

It’s the worst day and time for me, I just can’t make it. Wanted to go as I enjoy night games in Crocker. Hope Kildare give us a game. Might try and get to an away league game, the last one I remember was Donegal in 1991 when Dublin got two goals in last minute of game to snatch a win!

God I still remember the days worrying about getting out of Leinster, it’s painful thinking about if we will just be able to get anything out of it nowadays. Miss the traveling for championship games, loved going around Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭LooseCannonUF

DoctaDee wrote: »
    This was posted before the OBC loss to Offaly, the hex continues, he's coming tonight .. get the money on the Lillies :rolleyes:

‘Twas a Draw.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement