Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Thank jeebus

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ball In Towards

Can see this continuing... He can go now to appeal it again & again can't he? Like last time.

Not that he should. If you can't do the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

He shouldn't. And I think that this will do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

ProudDUB wrote: »
    See, there are some things I will never really fully understand. The mysteries of parallel parking. Marty Morrissey's hair line. The plot in Quantum of Solace. The Modh Coinniollach. And the MayoForSam thing. Is it one person, or many long suffering persons? They multiply across multiple interweb forums at the start of every summer....like...like...like...little baby frogspawn hatchlings, emerging from their eggs. Just how many of them are there? It baffles me. It really does.
    :confused::confused::confused:

What is baffling about it? It is fans expressing their unwavering support, and hope at the start of a new season. I find some of the photos with oblivious random famous people a bit cringe, but the idea is completely genuine.
    What I don't get myself is the way some Dublin fans will say things like 'Kerry/Mayo/Whoever me b*ll*x', as a means of supporting their own team - as if people feel they need to insult someone else to do that..
    Give respect - get respect

(And before you start - you were the guy who brought it up.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Didn't think he should have appealed and hope he leaves it at that.

On other note the over-turning of Murphy's suspension - and I have nothing against the chap - is another slap in face for refs. Why would you bother for 40 Euros or whatever it is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The question now is does the ban start now or from the day of the incident. Another question raised by off the ball. They thought it kicked in when it was accepted like Davy Fitz.

He'll appeal to the next court anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Our long national nightmare is over.

(Again.)

Our long national nightmare is over.

(Again.)

Perhaps we should have a protest march or something?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Bonniedog wrote: »

Let's have a vigil, with candles, Guinness and coddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Christy Moores writing a song for him

• Advertisement

Poor oul Dermo Connolly,
    Will he never give it up,
    Poor oul Dermo he has taken to the CHC (okay that doesn't rhyme)
    Its off each morning to the CCCC,
    And he goes in for another little appeal,
    Oh, the heart of the rowl is Dermo Connolly.

In Dublins fair city
    Where the footballs so pretty
    I first set my eyes on sweet Dermot Connolly

Where he gets battered and beaten
    And the refs never saved him
    Singing "I never did it, this ban's got to go"

Where does the protest march go to...Parnell Park, Croke Park or Nowlan Park Portlaoise? And can we stop at the chippers in Monasterevin on the way?

Almost bad as mine.

I'm going to start posting Philomena Begley videos. The Beyonce? of east Tyrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I think we should play in Vinnies jerseys Sunday week..... lets make sure there's not a dry eye left in the house

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I think we should play in Vinnies jerseys Sunday week..... lets make sure there's not a dry eye left in the house

Noooooo! They are as bad enough as it is.

Almost bad as mine.

I'm going to start posting Philomena Begley videos. The Beyonce? of east Tyrone.

:eek::eek: .. just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water ... the time 3 testosterone fuelled young fellas went into the Tudor Rooms for "a nurses night out" remember them ? .. only to be met with a scene from the ballroom of romance.. flowery dresses and sunday suits and Philomena Begley on stage ... I still can't figure 20 odd years on how we got it so wrong :D

:eek::eek: .. just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water ... the time 3 testosterone fuelled young fellas went into the Tudor Rooms for "a nurses night out" remember them ? .. only to be met with a scene from the ballroom of romance.. flowery dresses and sunday suits and Philomena Begley on stage ... I still can't figure 20 odd years on how we got it so wrong :D

I saw her in Newtownbutler many moons ago.

Tudor Rooms. Jaysus. It was like scene from Sopranos every night!

We really need to get Bono working on the protest song. He loves a good human rights story. He did go to Mount Temple after all... which is across the road from Vincents, it's next door to where Heffo played golf AND Parnell Park and, the Crofton Airport Hotel is only up the road. It's a no brainer really. I know he thinks he is from Dalkey these days, but I wouldn't be holding my breath, waiting on Mick Fitzsimons or one of the Schutte lads needing a protest song.
    (Unless it's about Ger Cunningham, but that's a whole other days work.)

• Advertisement

Is Bono into the "gah"?

A true classic.

Is Bono into the "gah"?

They'd no interest in sport whatsoever as young fellas ... used to walk up our road like those lunatics that shot up Columbine, black trench coats, platformers .. sure you could field fukall in them ;)

They'd no interest in sport whatsoever as young fellas ... used to walk up our road like those lunatics that shot up Columbine, black trench coats, platformers .. sure you could field fukall in them ;)

If they had any of the Virgin Prunes with them (the Rowan lads from no 2) I'd still put my money on them any day of the week, to do a bit of damage in the small parallelogram. Or maybe that's just what seeing lads in black eye liner on the 19A, was supposed to make you think back in the early 80's. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I'd find it far easier to support the team if Connolly is now not involved. I can accept that he is a great athlete and he is capable of great things on the pitch, but I couldn't stand that he was in the team due to his hot headedness and past transgressions.

<MOD Snip>

If he wants to appeal it, by all means. I think Jim Gavin should tell him he's not being picked again regardless of the outcome and work on his temper.

Fianna surely :)

Nope. They were from Ballymun, when it was still considered Ballymun. Cedarwood Road & its environs being "rebranded" as Glasnevin North, was still a few years away yet.

Don't be wrecking my anti Fianna buzz PD.

These days, Fianna pose about as much threat to Vincents dominance of the D9/11 hegemony, as Leitrim do to our vice like grip on Sam. I'd be much more worried about threats frum de peasants frum de 'Mun, if I was you. Which Bono, Barney Rock, Gavin Friday, Philly and Docta all are. Coincidence? I think not !

• Advertisement

These days, Fianna pose about as much threat to Vincents dominance of the D9/11 hegemony, as Leitrim do to our vice like grip on Sam. I'd be much more worried about de peasants frum de 'Mun, if I was you.

Na Fianna are the great hope of Northside hurling in the next few years .. cracking underage setup and the minor teams are there with the best of them - football nah I don't see it but then again Cooper, McHugh, Byrne & Deegan may well drag them back to the top table with the help of a few coming through.

That was a serious team they had back at the turn of the last century tho :rolleyes: ..

Edit .. I responded to your original post .. if I'd seen the edited one the reply would've been a bit different :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement