Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Anyone know the best place to park near Healy park.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

FFS. Trying to watch the delayed Tyrone Dublin game on Eir Sports 2HD who are taking commercial breaks in the middle of each half too. Midway through the second half and theyve come back from the break and played it from the start again!

Must be on the beer as they havent noticed it. Oh wait they have. Amateurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Great performance, especially after a man short. They are in different universe to Tyrone at this stage.

STB, I nearly had a conniption when they restarted the game, but what they had done was change it to other channel I think. Anyway saw the rest of it after Fenton got a thump.

I also noticed during the melee that someone lashed out with a kick. No idea which side it was. Deegan had decent game overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Anyone know the best place to park near Healy park.

Theres a few spaces left in the Silverbirch Hotel. Now that all the Dubs have gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Good game.

Tyrone had a good run with the fast ball into the corners for the first 30 minutes. They got some fine points from the wings

But when Dublin filled the space up a bit it got harder for them.

Kilkenny moved close to the goal and needed two men on him at times but he exploited the space behind Tyrone very well imo.

With more pressure on the kickers Tyrone couldn't get a score.

But the change of ball into a Dublin forward line with fewer players in it was working well imo.

Did O'Gara score with his first touch?

Tyrone were missing their favourite sweeper and needed Matty Donnelly to be in midfield and fullback at the same time. So they were getting caught out regularly.

Cooper had some great lay offs and is playing with great confidence.

Thought T McCann was disappointing for Tyrone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Good result against a team that we have traditionally struggled to come to terms with in the league. There were a lot of similarities with the Kildare match, very sluggish start, with lots of handling and interceptions, the defense again was all at sea for their goal, not a blue jersey in sight. Being honest Tyrone should've been about 6-7 points up before we started to come into our own.

It's a strange one going down to 14 and thinking ah well it's not really going to affect the game, I heard the princes played with 13 last night and saw it out comfortable enough. Great to see MDMA play the full match, did a fair shift all night. Cooper concentrating on the football was a welcome sight, thought he was excellent 2nd half, snuffed out everything Tyrone came with.

It was a quiet night for Mannion in front of the posts but he got thru a lot of hard slog tracking, I thought Basquel was unlucky to lose his starting place and stepped in effectively when he came on. Going on the last 2 games Kilkenny may well become a huge contributor on the scoreboard, be looks like he found a pair of kicking boots out in the shed and physically he's a beast

Beat Antrim with last puck of the game practically, from a free. They had been 8 up at one stage. This is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Beat Antrim with last puck of the game practically, from a free. They had been 8 up at one stage. This is not good.

Couldn't get up to the game today?
    Anyone useful, was it as bad as last week?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

JRant wrote: »
    Couldn't get up to the game today?
    Anyone useful, was it as bad as last week?

Wasn't there. Was following it on twitter like sad person.

They started badly it seems, but outscored Antrim 13 - 4 until faded completely. From talking to someone who was there, it seems they all played well at some stage, and that Rushe saved it at the end winning the last two balls, one of which led to the winning point.

In fairness is rarely easy to beat Antrim up there, but definitely a bit of a collapse. Still, they are two points that may well save them from the ignomy of a relegation play off.

Another two points would probably be enough, and most likely source is against Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

So then, 'tis looking good for 6 puh-wah to be on the board after tonight, no?

Gonna be a cold one, but can't be any worse than Healy Park last weekend.

Looking forward to seeing Nathan Mullins get a run out. Gonna be a strange experience for his Da. Oh well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Keep Mcbrearty quiet and we can win this by double digits.

All my Donegal mates heading in but I've to mind the child tonight. Sad face emoji.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Slattsy wrote: »
    Keep Mcbrearty quiet and we can win this by double digits.

All my Donegal mates heading in but I've to mind the child tonight. Sad face emoji.

At least its live on the tele this week.

corny wrote: »
    At least its live on the tele this week.

Yeah that helps to soften the blow alright.

Might even treat myself to a takeaway!

Busy day for us all so.

Rugger at 2.

De Dubs at 7.

Prawn sambo and pommegranite martini anyone?

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Busy day for us all so.

Rugger at 2.

De Dubs at 7.

Prawn sambo and pommegranite martini anyone?

Followed by a coddle ganache.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

I think we’ll win this one fairly handy by around 10. Hopefully there’s a good crowd in for the ladies.

Coddle ganache?

Yum ! :D

Team named at 12 bells, no?

Can someone throw it up on here?

I'll be busy giving the chauffeur a bollocking for not washing the Rolls properly.

SO hard to get good staff these days ! :rolleyes:

I'd rather watch paint dry than watch rugby.

A sport followed by people that never played it for a start, dont know the rules or can name 1-15. Its a social occasion.

Kinda like craft beer - its just a fad.

Belvo/Blackrock rugger bugger stole the first girlfriend, eh Slatts? :p

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Belvo/Blackrock rugger bugger stole the first girlfriend, eh Slatts? :p

I didn't pass the interview for those schools!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

There seems to be two points here. 1. Dublin are over funded. 2. With all the funding, population, resources etc they are underperforming. Which one are we discussing? Is it about Snr inter county or funding at grass roots?? Again clarification would be great as some posters like to move the goal posts when it suits them, that and the play the man!!!! Some very sensitive craturs!!!!!!

Wrong thread, methinks.

The 765th thread set up to discuss all that is thataway
    >

We've much more important things to be discussing here, like coddle & Slattsy's love life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

All set for tonight

c40591f9a34926c16b17f0674861c14c.png

Bench named?

They showed the 2001 drawn game on Eir. Game has changed a lot. Kickouts were still down the middle or long ball to sideline. Moynihan was described as attacking half back but you could see him several times lay off the ball around midfield and then go back into defence. A lot more kick passing too.

It was great day. Was with two uncles, both of whom have died since. The missed goal chances, literally open goals, in first half, cost Dublin the match. Mind you Meath absolutely annihilated Kerry in semis so perhaps just as well lost the replay!

Slattsy wrote: »
    Bench named?

Any news on Diarmuid Connolly? I thought with his long absence last year that Gavin might try him out early.

Cuala on way to another AI final. Not overly impressive to be fair.

I suppose one could say they've underperformed given their resources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Will be some final.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement