Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

It's depressing sh1t. If that's the best team of hurlers Gilroy thinks is available to him at the moment then we may start planning challenge games against Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Jaysus we are brutal. Where to start, defenders not getting out in front of their men, same as the forwards. Aimless balls all over the park. To be honest we look like a team still doing very hard work in training because we are very heavy in the legs at present.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Apart from the glacial speed of thought they're displaying, They look like a team that have never actually met each other. All just isolated individual efforts no overall shape, no plan. Full back line would be off not coming out at all.

It's almost as if the management have not got a clue about the sport...

Bambi wrote: »
    Apart from the glacial speed of thought they're displaying, They look like a team that have never actually met each other. All just isolated individual efforts no overall shape, no plan. Full back line would be off not coming out at all.

It's almost as if the management have not got a clue about the sport...

I believe the appropriate termis omnishambles. This is not even a challenge match for Limerick They may as well be playing different sports out there tonight.

JRant wrote: »
    They may as well be playing different sports out there tonight.

And Gilroy and Whelan wouldn't know the difference :rolleyes:

My worry is the the county board will pull another Ger Job and refuse to call time when it's obvious that the whole thing has fallen apart

We could have had Mattie Kenny. Jesus Christ.

• Advertisement

Heavy training is no excuse for the inept level of skills on display, with very few exceptions. It was like watching a Dublin team when we were at our very worst, playing Kerry and Mayo and Meath and Roscommon. Well, we could be playing some of them next year.

And Gilroy and Whelan wouldn't know the difference :rolleyes:

My worry is the the county board will pull another Ger Job and refuse to call time when it's obvious that the whole thing has fallen apart

We could have had Mattie Kenny. Jesus Christ.

Unless there is a significant improvement by the end of the summer then they just can't be allowed continue. I don't believe for one second that what we are seeing is the level Dublin hurling should be at. We were never the most skillful team but jaysus we can barely lift a ball standing still, never mind at pace.

Our basics are just appalling at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

I know it's only Feb lads but how have ye gone back so much? I thought we'd win but it was a cruise and Limerick only needed to be at 60% in second half. Why isn't rushe and Ryan o Dwyer and these boys starting I know rushe came on but genuinely didn't hear his name mentioned?

Current panel is completely demoralised it would seem, and some of the players he is selecting to play will never be good enough to play inter county senior.

Hard to believe that we won Leinster under 21 and minor in 2016. 21s was excellent team who ran Galway close. Only 5 by my reckoning of both those teams started last night. Malone and Callaghan and Seán Treacy are with Cuala but it is a poor return.

Team will theoretically improve when the Cuala lads return. At least 7/8 of them should be starters in my opinion, but they will only be enough to possibly avoid relegation from the senior championship.

Seem to be on a bit of a suicide mission at present.

lim4ev wrote: »
    I know it's only Feb lads but how have ye gone back so much? I thought we'd win but it was a cruise and Limerick only needed to be at 60% in second half. Why isn't rushe and Ryan o Dwyer and these boys starting I know rushe came on but genuinely didn't hear his name mentioned?

Rushe was put in at corner forward, Ger Cunningham tried that before and it didn't work. He's not a forward.

We'd need a management team that can get the maximum out of what we available, I think we have the opposite.

• Advertisement

Bonniedog wrote: »

Team will theoretically improve when the Cuala lads return. At least 7/8 of them should be starters in my opinion, but they will only be enough to possibly avoid relegation from the senior championship.

That Cuala team are on the road for the second year and training to peak on Paddys day. I wouldn't expect them to ride in like the Seventh Cavalry. Probably take them a few months just to recover from playing them townies :D

Rushe was put in at corner forward, Ger Cunningham tried that before and it didn't work. He's not a forward.

We'd need a management team that can get the maximum out of what we available, I think we have the opposite.

Exactly, it was daft putting him into the forward line especially as we were getting cleaned out at the back.

I also couldn't figure out why O'Carroll was left on till half time. He was clearly miles off the pace after his injury and directly led to Limerick amassing such an early lead. That was an easy call for the line to make but they just left him out there getting skinned time and again.

Looks increasingly likely that Dublin will be relegation play off with Antrim. Another hammering by Galway, and even beating Laois, which I doubt, would still leave us in bottom two on points difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Howye lads. Anybody know the best parking options for Parnell Park on Sunday?
    Obviously won't be blocking anybody's driveway but would ya get away with parking in one of the estates around it? Don't mind paying either.

Cheers!

I'd imagine you will find plenty of spaces on Sunday! There is a car park at the Church but depending on what time you get there you will probably get parking on any of the roads leading to the ground at most a 5 minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Yeah, I generally park in the Elm Mount estate up from the petrol station, it suits me for a quick getaway back northwards

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Howye lads. Anybody know the best parking options for Parnell Park on Sunday?
    Obviously won't be blocking anybody's driveway but would ya get away with parking in one of the estates around it? Don't mind paying either.

Cheers!

No need to pay.

I park in Clanree. Never try to get too close to the ground though. Takes ages getting out if you're caught up in the traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Yeah, I generally park in the Elm Mount estate up from the petrol station, it suits me for a quick getaway back northwards

No Vinnies sticker, No windscreen wipers when you come back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

STB. wrote: »
    No Vinnies sticker, No windscreen wipers when you come back :)

:D .. Vins extended the hand of friendship to me 20 years ago but I refused to shake ..it's come back to bite me so !

Hopefully no G reg donkey and carts will be tampered with. We did bend over for ye in 2013 :pac:

• Advertisement

Hopefully no G reg donkey and carts will be tampered with. We did bend over for ye in 2013 :pac:

I don't think there was too much consent on your part involved. It was more like Midnight Express :)

I still reckon Dublin will give us a proper match because we always play poorly in Parnell but I remember dreading having to play ye in the championship for a good 5 year period.

You have little to worry about I'm afraid. A good Dublin team could, and have, beaten all of the top counties in Parnell over the past 6/7 years.

This is not a good Dublin team. Be surprised if they keep it in single figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Lads i might be stuck for a season ticket on Saturday of anyone isn't going and needs one scanned I appreciate and I'd return it on the way back.

Waiting for a returning prodigal son to confirm his attendance though

I still reckon Dublin will give us a proper match because we always play poorly in Parnell but I remember dreading having to play ye in the championship for a good 5 year period.

That was then, galway forwards will tear our backs asunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Stoner wrote: »
    Lads i might be stuck for a season ticket on Saturday of anyone isn't going and needs one scanned I appreciate and I'd return it on the way back.

Waiting for a returning prodigal son to confirm his attendance though

If I hear of anything I'll PM you.ATM I've no indication of any spares.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

seligehgit wrote:
    If I hear of anything I'll PM you.ATM I've no indication of any spares.

Thank you very much. I've it sorted here now.
    Boards delivered again!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

That was then, galway forwards will tear our backs asunder.

I looked up the handicap on the bookies (out of curiosity) it is only plus 9 at 10/11 unfortunately I think that will be easy money for those who back it.
    :(

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I looked up the handicap on the bookies (out of curiosity) it is only plus 9 at 10/11 unfortunately I think that will be easy money for those who back it.
    :(

Free money really. This current Dublin curling team won't get within an asses roar of Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

JRant wrote: »
    Free money really. This current Dublin curling team won't get within an asses roar of Galway.

It's not Galway we're worried about.

It's the Chinese, the Russians & the Norwegians.

In that order.

Loves the aul curling, so they do, so they do ! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement