Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Traffic on Twitter 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

inforfun wrote: »
    How ****ing ignorant do you have to be to think you can sneak a load like that over the M50 without anyone noticing?

From reading the subsequent tweets it seemed like they had a permit for an abnormal load, but had understated the length.

I'd imagine stupidity and laziness rather than willful ignorance - but still inexcusable when someone is responsible for a load of that size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

So would they be stuck on the side of the road somewhere till the local authority issues a new permit? I wonder how they didnt get the right one in the first place. Surely they had the dimensions of the load when applying for the first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

GBX wrote: »
    So would they be stuck on the side of the road somewhere till the local authority issues a new permit? I wonder how they didnt get the right one in the first place. Surely they had the dimensions of the load when applying for the first one.

I'd guess it was something stupid like specifying the length of the load only, and not including the tractor unit in the measurement - or similar.

Still no excuse for it - this stuff has to be checked before taking it onto the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Oops!

Somebody f**ked up with the paperwork i'd imagine....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Oops! wrote: »
    Somebody f**ked up with the paperwork i'd imagine....

Hope the driver isn't hung out to dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Oops!

Ya true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

blackwhite wrote: »
    I'd guess it was something stupid like specifying the length of the load only, and not including the tractor unit in the measurement - or similar.

Still no excuse for it - this stuff has to be checked before taking it onto the road.

Thats most likely it, driver wouldnt have a clue, when you get to that size whats another 10ft on the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭JustARandomGuy

pablo128 wrote: »
    I almost got rammed by a BMW as I was coming off the m50 northbound at the n4. I was heading into town. As I came off the slip road he used me and another car as a chicane. I was doing 70 or 80kmh and he passed us like we were going backwards.

At 6 o clock on Friday morning.

I doubt you were doing 70 or 80 since most of the people there do a laughable 40-50. Probably that was the case that Friday morning as well :rolleyes:

"I do the shpeed limit therefore I'm a safe driver" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hope the driver isn't hung out to dry.
    Like the captain of a boat, ultimately full authority and responsibility rests with the driver of any vehicle. It's up to him to verify the paperwork and ensure that the vehicle is in compliance before he hits the road. And to refuse to drive a vehicle if it's not in compliance.

Understandable mistake to make, if you're relying on others to do that for you and may not even be aware that anything is wrong. Not sure that excuse will fly in court though.

If the load really was way in excess of the permit, I expect that they just hoped that it wouldn't be noticed and didn't want to have to go back and reapply, delaying delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Farfromhome02

joujoujou wrote: »

And they wonder why they can't get trucks drivers anymore
    The jobs gone a joke with regulations
    Everyone out to get you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Everyone out to get you

Or you know, you make sure you're abiding by the rules that should be obvious to anyone doing the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

So... the owners of those cars were left at Sally Gap?
    Good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I doubt you were doing 70 or 80 since most of the people there do a laughable 40-50. Probably that was the case that Friday morning as well :rolleyes:

"I do the shpeed limit therefore I'm a safe driver" :rolleyes:

I was breaking the limit actually. I'm one of those rare people who will accelerate coming off a slip road.

And you can stick your rolleyes as far up your hole as it will go too. I'm sick to death of being called a liar on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Hurrache wrote: »
    Or you know, you make sure you're abiding by the rules that should be obvious to anyone doing the job.
    most truck drivers wouldn't have a clue about permits, or how to obtain one,
    they trust management to get permit and get it right, no excuse in court but this is the case, you wouldn't see a truck driver in the office on the computer applying for one,its management and office staff,
    he just gets a piece of paper permit for heavy load, "must be ok so"off he goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Good.
    Barefoot, hopefully. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Everyone out to get you

Hardly everyone out to get you. Drivers going around with bald tyres, unsecured loads, no ADR license, no haz plates etc.

Hurrache wrote: »

Like the other person said,most lorry men haven't a clue about the paperwork,your job is to deliver the load not worry about permits,you don't get payed enough to drive the truck never mind doing otherwork
    Most likely the driver will take the flack,once you drive out of the yard it's your problem

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Hardly everyone out to get you. Drivers going around with bald tyres, unsecured loads, no ADR license, no haz plates etc.

That's true,they shouldn't be taking them out of the yard so,at the end of the day once your caught driving it,it's your problem
    Drove myself
    Won't be going back near it again

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    he just gets a piece of paper permit for heavy load, "must be ok so"off he goes.

In this case they've no one to blame but themselves. Sounds harsh, but that's the way it is. Ultimately the load is their responsibility, and their livelihood and licence at risk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

DaveyDave wrote: »

Hitting bridges,illegal lighting,accelerating when being overtaken,tampering with speed limiters.Either not doing walk around checks or just driving with dangerous defects without even a thought.

Some of these guys on the road shouldn't be left drive a moped,and are giving the industry a very bad name.

magentis wrote: »
    Hitting bridges,illegal lighting,accelerating when being overtaken,tampering with speed limiters.Either not doing walk around checks or just driving with dangerous defects without even a thought.

Some of these guys on the road shouldn't be left drive a moped,and are giving the industry a very bad name.

Go online and look at the amount of advertisements for drivers,they are struggling to get anyone in a seat never mind good quality drivers,most likely taking anyone on with a licence who passed a ten minute driving assesment.Alot of lads have left the industry

In the past month I have received calls myself for artic and rigid,no mention of experience just looking for someone to drive the things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Thats most likely it, driver wouldnt have a clue, when you get to that size whats another 10ft on the end of it.

Driver could buy a cheap laser measure for less than a tenner delivered from Ebay etc and would know the total length in no time at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

I was breaking the limit actually. I'm one of those rare people who will accelerate coming off a slip road.

And you can stick your rolleyes as far up your hole as it will go too. I'm sick to death of being called a liar on boards.

If its the Friday morning I'm thinking of you were doing 60 coming off that slip road as I was doing over 59km/h over the bridge. Nice slip n slide in between two slow pokes.

I'd be pretty sure the guy tasked with that load was not your Brennan's Bread van driver by day either.

CosmicJay wrote: »
    If its the Friday morning I'm thinking of you were doing 60 coming off that slip road as I was doing over a ton over the bridge. Nice slip n slide in between two slow pokes.

It's like a forum for Ridge Racer fantasists in here at times.

If its the Friday morning I'm thinking of you were doing 60 coming off that slip road as I was doing over a ton over the bridge. Nice slip n slide in between two slow pokes.

Watch out for the speed checks further on so.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

Watch out for the speed checks further on so.

They are nasty for that, always sitting underneath the footbridge just as the n4 ends by Kilmainham.

Was it a black x5 or a white m2 by any chance?

They are nasty for that, always sitting underneath the footbridge just as the n4 ends by Kilmainham.

Was it a black x5 or a white m2 by any chance?

A black 3 or 5. It was going too hard to tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭McCrack

Good.

Yes after being tarred and feathered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Mr Snow wrote: »

It was an absolute joy to be overtaken by this idiot and then about 5 mins later down the road see him being pulled over by the traffic corp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

blackwhite wrote: »
    I'd guess it's a prefabricated piece for either the M11 or N25 works in Wexford?

They should know better, it's not like some cowboy operator bringing 25 Hiaces on the back of a Scania, whatever state agency contracted/subcontracted them should drop them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I’m reading a local paper and dumbfounded. A man caught drunk driving has the drunk driving charge struck out because he didn’t produce a license.

He had no insurance ( two previous convictions for no insurance)

Fined €40.

You couldn’t it make it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

joeysoap wrote: »
    I’m reading a local paper and dumbfounded. A man caught drunk driving has the drunk driving charge struck out because he didn’t produce a license.

Fined €40.

WHAT? Where was this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

• Advertisement

WHAT? Where was this?

Dundalk district court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

joeysoap wrote: »

Fined €40.

Read that too.
    It seems that judges will let them off on any little technically at all although I don’t understand this one.

Same judge, same day dismissed a drunk driving charge against another person.
    From reading report there was an RTA. 3.40 am near the border. Guards called, breath tested person, failed breath test, taken to Dundalk Garda station, failed test. Dismissed because time of driving not on the summons.

Would this be the case in all RTA’s ie the guards didn’t actually stop the driver so how would anyone know time of driving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Read the same story last night, but the poster deleted it minutes later.

Not sure why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

h3000 wrote: »
    :mad::mad:

478680.png
    478681.jpeg

I'd put money on that lowlife not turning up in court either. They obviously didn't give a toss before being pulled over so hardly going to give a toss about a court summons. Just another one to add to a long list of charges and convictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Read that too.
    It seems that judges will let them off on any little technically at all although I don’t understand this one.

Could be worse, could be like the woman in Drogheda court who was fined €10 for no insurance (repeat). Judge didn't want to impose further hardship on her.

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1122075872197005313?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Taxi plate number visible

And deservedly so.
    Don’t think a passenger would be insured in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Found his name and reg on taxi app....

Gone now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

listermint wrote: »
    Gone now

On side door.,.. 528##

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

If it's the same number I made out there's no driver linked to it, likely to be a rental

If you still have a note of his driver number, check his driver number on the app, if he shows as still being licensed then time to alert NTA/Garda as again the app is showing driver's as being still qualified. Remember the hullabaloo about the indecent assaults and no female passenger in front bail condition?

There is a presumption that the driver linked is the driver arrested but that is what the app is designed to show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Vehicle licence expired 24/4/19.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Vehicle licence expired 24/4/19.

24/9/2019

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement