Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Traffic on Twitter 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

inforfun wrote: »
    All over Europe, Domino shops look like this.
    Domino's own mopeds.

Apart from here in Ireland where some Eastern European guy drops your pizza off in his private car.
    Why is that?

With the Domino's sign on the roof, only a matter of time before these cars are seized.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

All over Europe, Domino shops look like this.
    Domino's own mopeds.

Apart from here in Ireland where some Eastern European guy drops your pizza off in his private car.
    Why is that?

Probably the insurance side of things. There are 2 Dominos shops near me, neither use mopeds all drivers drive their own cars but wear their uniform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

With the Domino's sign on the roof, only a matter of time before these cars are seized.

Most likely, yeah.

But the mopeds on the continent are provided to the delivery guys/girls by Dominos afaik
    It is not bring your own transport.

And depending on where you live but in Dublin you ll get your pizza a lot faster if they would use moped i reckon.

Most likely, yeah.

But the mopeds on the continent are provided to the delivery guys/girls by Dominos afaik
    It is not bring your own transport.

And depending on where you live but in Dublin you ll get your pizza a lot faster if they would use moped i reckon.

Without a doubt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Domino's in Rathmines has company Honda Innovas (think a modernised, bored out to 125cc, Honda 50) the suburban one near me doesn't.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Domino's in Rathmines has company Honda Innovas (think a modernised, bored out to 125cc, Honda 50) the suburban one near me doesn't.

I know the one in Dundrum used to. Not quite sure if they still do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

One major flaw in the system is no number plate is assigned to the pass so they have become a popular item for thieves to steal from cars.

One major flaw in the system is no number plate is assigned to the pass so they have become a popular item for thieves to steal from cars.

A school friend of mine regularly abuses his mothers one.

I have no idea what's wrong with her but having known her all my life she doesn't have a physical or mental disability.

She has had health problems but nothing extreme to the best of my knowledge.

I was eligible for one myself and refused to apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

My neighbour has one and there is nothing wrong with him. Micheal McIntyre done a good piece on disabled parking. Watch below in link.

https://youtu.be/WpUb93vTV0o?t=2m47s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I was under the impression Domino's here provide insurance for the drivers while working for them? They advertise looking for drivers, I am sure a company like Domino's wouldn't risk headlines of 'uninsured Domino's driver kills pedestrian'.

As for that other crowd of slave drivers, literally, Deliveroo. They are the definition of 'fake self employed'. The government need to own up to some responsibility here they are allowing certain industries to go ahead with seriously questionable practices regards employment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The concept of the system is they're for a person, not a vehicle. So if Bobby is disabled both parents can use it as can an aunt/uncle when carrying him and so on and so forth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

TallGlass wrote: »
    I was under the impression Domino's here provide insurance for the drivers while working for them? They advertise looking for drivers, I am sure a company like Domino's wouldn't risk headlines of 'uninsured Domino's driver kills pedestrian'.

As for that other crowd of slave drivers, literally, Deliveroo. They are the definition of 'fake self employed'. The government need to own up to some responsibility here they are allowing certain industries to go ahead with seriously questionable practices regards employment.

My understanding is the bikers are a Dominos fleet and all the cars are "sole traders" *wink wink*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Could a new thread be opened where the merits of scooters and insurance can be debated instead of here?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

What's the legal definition of a scooter?

Pugzilla wrote: »
    What's the legal definition of a scooter?

Two wheels and an engine.

Ah no seriously, I do not know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

scooter
    ˈskuːtə/Submit
    noun
    a light two-wheeled open motor vehicle on which the driver sits over an enclosed engine with their legs together and their feet resting on a floorboard.

moped
    ˈməʊpɛd/Submit
    noun
    a light motor cycle, especially one with an engine capacity of not more than 50 cc.

dictionary
    ˈdɪkʃ(ə)n(ə)ri/Submit
    noun
    noun: dictionary; plural noun: dictionaries
    a book or electronic resource that lists the words of a language (typically in alphabetical order) and gives their meaning, or gives the equivalent words in a different language, often also providing information about pronunciation, origin, and usage.
    "I'll look up 'love' in the dictionary"
    synonyms: lexicon, wordbook, glossary, vocabulary list, vocabulary, word list, wordfinder
    "half of the words in his text were not in the dictionary"
    a reference book on a particular subject, the items of which are typically arranged in alphabetical order.
    "a dictionary of quotations"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

ED E wrote: »
    My understanding is the bikers are a Dominos fleet and all the cars are "sole traders" *wink wink*.

Dominos do provide insurance, they're literally the only ones.

A few years back, I looked into this and couldn't get quoted by anyone.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I've never seen a caucasian deliveroo rider, majority appear to be subcontinental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

No delivery here, more looking to pick something up

345d6a294e5ff3c6833e152e7f3ee469.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

No doubt already has a record as long as your arm

And will get yet another suspended sentence, oh and another ban cause the last one worked so well :rolleyes:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why can't they crush the car with him still in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

Why can't they crush the car with him still in it.

EU regulations.

It's hard/impossible to recycle the parts with organic material impregnated into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Wouldn't sit well with the liberalists and do gooders either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

How do you drive a car with no front wheels? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I've heard of people beng legless, but wheel-less is a new one.

Is the front right hand side the remains of one of the wheels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

Is the front right hand side the remains of one of the wheels?

Looks like the remains of a space saver wheel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Have you the lotto numbers please n thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Just say it's a 2 litre based on engine size tax, that's a saving of about 5700 in just tax alone.

It doesn't matter what a court would do, the BMW driver saved a small fortune, and they say crime doesn't pay eh? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Just say it's a 2 litre based on engine size tax, that's a saving of about 5700 in just tax alone.

It doesn't matter what a court would do, the BMW driver saved a small fortune, and they say crime doesn't pay eh? :rolleyes:

€6,400 if you were to pay by every 3 months which is the way I always pay my car tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

€6,400 if you were to pay by every 3 months which is the way I always pay my car tax.

Doubt they will even try get the car back. Death sentence for that car TBH.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Doubt they will even try get the car back. Death sentence for that car TBH.

What would it cost to get it back?

Just the release fee is it?

If that was my local impound yard about 125 release fee.

Still a huge saving, question is though, is it a good car or a heap of scrap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

What would it cost to get it back?

Just the release fee is it?

If that was my local impound yard about 125 release fee.

Still a huge saving, question is though, is it a good car or a heap of scrap.

€125 for the first day + €35 per each day thereafter.

GM228 wrote: »
    €125 for the first day + €35 per each day thereafter.

Thank you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It should be a minimum of full what it would be legally to have been on the road and then whatever fine on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Which most people like them won't have. They would rather take a few days with full bread and boardinside in lieu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Thankfully those days are gone. Only happens in extreme cases. Attachment to earnings or welfare and community service is done first if not paid

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Thankfully those days are gone. Only happens in extreme cases. Attachment to earnings or welfare and community service is done first if not paid

And then St. Vincent de Paul makes up the shortfall . :confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement