Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Traffic on Twitter 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

1.0 ecoboost Mondeos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Not the first Mercedes to appear on twitter for this offence.

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/902951989167960067

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Mind the gap

Love the comments where's nass ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Love the comments where's nass ;-)

Thanks... that caused me to read these 2 too

7a41f1a7c5d222335a3241b975b3da47.png

And that resulted in me thinking again there are too many people on planet earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

inforfun wrote: »
    Thanks... that caused me to read these 2 too

7a41f1a7c5d222335a3241b975b3da47.png

And that resulted in me thinking again there are too many people on planet earth.

Your man saying he doesn't tweet about his job obviously doesn't understand the point of their Twitter posts. That's like giving out about watching Cops because nobody has a show of him sitting at his desk, scratching his arse while doing spreadsheets. it's not quite just to show that they're doing their job. It helps in that aspect, but it sure is entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭cython

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/903242957540777985

FFS, this actually worse than the car from that AIB short about GAA on the Aran Islands:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Out of curiosity, when the gardai say they have detected a motorist speeding etc (from a patrol car), do they stop the driver there and then, or is the FCPN posted to the address of the owner. I am asking this because looking at some of those pics I would doubt the owners would have the vehicle registered at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

joeysoap wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, when the gardai say they have detected a motorist speeding etc (from a patrol car), do they stop the driver there and then, or is the FCPN posted to the address of the owner. I am asking this because looking at some of those pics I would doubt the owners would have the vehicle registered at all.

They have to stop them with a patrol car it is only the speed vans that catch you with a picture and send the fine out in the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Mr Snow wrote: »

Seems like this person did not have permission to be travelling.

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

bear1 wrote: »
    Does the 4x4 say civil defence?

CD vehicles have orange and blue reflective markings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battenburg_markings#Ireland

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

They have to stop them with a patrol car it is only the speed vans that catch you with a picture and send the fine out in the post.

Surprised the biker stopped. You'd think it would easily lose the Hyundai.

That is a gamble if you are caught you are in a lot more trouble than you would for speeding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

The biker might loose the Hyundai but would not loose the motorola

• Advertisement

That is a gamble if you are caught you are in a lot more trouble than you would for speeding.

Happened a brother of mine years ago here in Cork, took a chase of about 15 miles, they set up a road block which he would have gotten through easily, he just decided to pull the bike in before it and spark up a fag.He was charged wth dangerous driving but got off on a legal technicality. this was in 2005.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Happened a brother of mine years ago here in Cork, took a chase of about 15 miles, they set up a road block which he would have gotten through easily, he just decided to pull the bike in before it and spark up a fag

sounds like something ripped from a Tarantino movie up to this point :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Was more than likely stopped up the road by another unit not by who detected the speeding.

sounds like something ripped from a Tarantino movie up to this point :D

Only for i seen the prosecution statements i'd have called it bullsh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Not the first Mercedes to appear on twitter for this offence.

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/902951989167960067

Delighted. I work nearby and saw this one being read the riot act by a Guard, just assumed it was for parking there (which happens constantly anyway).

€50 to the poor box and don't do it again ( i.e. Don't get caught)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭blade1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And this morning what?????:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Morning seized as well. :cool:

No more mornings for the boys. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

blade1 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And this morning what?????:confused:

He is back out on the road driving. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Riva10 wrote: »
    He is back out on the road driving. :mad:

Ring the Guards. Give them the driver, the car and where he's driving and get him off the road again. If they took the car, what's he driving?

• Advertisement

It's my opinion that disqualified drivers are driving around all the time. There was a driver banned in Dundalk a few years ago, (6 years) had a drunken smash a few years later (by good luck he missed 3 kids) into a wall in the estate where he was living. Judge gave him a 6 year ban. I'd say the guards feel like giving up sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

joeysoap wrote: »
    It's my opinion that disqualified drivers are driving around all the time. There was a driver banned in Dundalk a few years ago, (6 years) had a drunken smash a few years later (by good luck he missed 3 kids) into a wall in the estate where he was living. Judge gave him a 6 year ban. I'd say the guards feel like giving up sometimes.

they find it very demoralising in any case where they know someone should be banged up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ring the Guards. Give them the driver, the car and where he's driving and get him off the road again. If they took the car, what's he driving?

They can get car collected, they buy in most cases a €€€ car drive till caught then get another.

The person you replied to doesn't know them its obvious the post was aimed at the tweet. Most likely caught car taken and possibly found driving again and again and again.

Should go to jail for the Lexus lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

A bit pointless obscuring the numberplate. I'd guess the car has enough identifying features to be easily recognised.

They should try Limerick city some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They should try Limerick city some time.

5 minutes on William street and they will have enough pictures for a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

Crazy parking around Croker yesterday and no tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I've seen that car around, usually 3 or 4 chung lads in it doing laps of the town while revving the sh1te out of it.There's a whole load of these types down here but the funny thing is none of them are from the town itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

It is brilliant how these guys draw attention to themselves.

Always wondered this as well. You would think that they would be making more of an effort to be less conspicuous if they are flouting the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

markc1184 wrote: »

Adare of all places - plenty of parking in public car park just off main road. No excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭blackwhite

markc1184 wrote: »

I wonder is there some sort of relationship between the number of stickers on the back window, and the number of discs out of date on the front :D

This post has been deleted.
    K.Flyer wrote: »
    Always wondered this as well. You would think that they would be making more of an effort to be less conspicuous if they are flouting the law.

Sure my neighbours are all driving no licence no insurance. The only one with a licence is the father and he is the only one insured and they all drive as they have a few vehicles. They have been doing it for a few years never caught until recently the daughter was speeding and stopped a few weeks back. So she will be due in court in the future. That court case and what ever happens will not stop her or her family members driving. Sure after being caught she took one of the other cars in family as the one she was driving was seized into town not a bother on her. Not a care in the world.

I do not know how they get away with it. And then speeding to draw attention to herself, crazy like. And before someones says why don't you report them. It's not up to me if they are caught it is their own fault.

It's not solely for them to be caught though. They leave a trail of misery to whichever poor bastard they hit.
    I'd report them and not give two ****s about the whole "oh well it's the police's job to catch them".
    We should be helping the police with this and not sitting on the fence.
    Know a driver who has no insurance or licence and driving illegally? Phone is right there.

We get on with them it is like ringing the guards on your brother if he was driving un-insured. I won't rat them out but if they get caught it is their own fault. Trust me the only one with a licence is the father and as far as I know he got that for free when they were handing them out years ago. Also just to add they don't even have provisional ones either.

• Advertisement

If they would be as close to me as my brother then I would speak very honestly with them to stop what they are doing. It will only end badly for them and whoever else gets hit.
    Off topic anyway but just my 2 cents.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement