Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Traffic on Twitter 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Lads,

When you are stopped at a MIT, are you tested for both drink and drugs with the one test? or are there seperate tests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

akelly02 wrote: »
    Lads,

When you are stopped at a MIT, are you tested for both drink and drugs with the one test? or are there seperate tests.

Separate tests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

AIUI Drink is a breath test, drugs is a mouth swab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

EilgOJo.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Can't see how they were given a seat belt ticket when not actually in the car at the time, what next, can you be done for having the back 3 belts connected when driving back from NCT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭highdef

Can't see how they were given a seat belt ticket when not actually in the car at the time, what next, can you be done for having the back 3 belts connected when driving back from NCT?

Well if the engine was running, was the car technically in control of the driver? And with the seatbelt positioned the way it is in the photo, there's no possibility that he could be wearing it, whether in the car or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Id agree - not sure how that ticket for seatbelt would be enforced. The driver has to wear the belt. If driver is not in position, then how is it possible. You could argue the retracting mechanism had developed a fault that day and he had engaged the belt to stop the belt being retracted so he could wear it when he re-entered the vehicle.

I do wonder about these Garda tweets sometimes - easy to show a pic and say they gave a ticket. If it actually happens or not, who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Good to see one reply is more concerned with Drew Harris allegedly being a Freemason. 'Proof' is a photo of him supposedly wearing two watches :rolleyes:

Unregistered Users

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hattrick hero rightly deserves the match ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

He was fond of the green by all accounts your honour :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

bazz26 wrote: »
    Hattrick hero rightly deserves the match ball.

Only if it is one of this kind:

LUNI.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

joujoujou wrote: »

We're the 5 other cars in the photo speeding too? :confused:

Unregistered Users

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Failed the pupil dilation test too. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

Unregistered Users

Unregistered Users

Unregistered Users

Sounds like a right upstanding individual there.

Unregistered Users

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

maybe their watch was wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

What's a "Lana Bus"? I don't speak Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Lana bus........1830 to 1500......but it's 2018...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why can't we have that in Dublin....

I've asked the council and for no answer.

Bus lane times on the road would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Alun wrote: »
    What's a "Lana Bus"? I don't speak Irish.

Bus Lane.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Bus times on the road me a$$. We can't get roundabouts marked properly which is more important. Get your head out of facebook :D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Oh please no.
    The non 24\7 bus lanes are fantastic since 95% of the people dont read the signs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

inforfun wrote: »
    Oh please no.
    The non 24\7 bus lanes are fantastic since 95% of the people dont read the signs.

What I mean is for the 24hr ones and no go contra flow and bus gate areas where cars aren't allowed at all or between 7-7.....

It's great been able to use outside of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That helmet / jacket combo would be pretty distinctive to anybody who knows that rider.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭highdef

That helmet / jacket combo would be pretty distinctive to anybody who knows that rider.

So what? The person is not seen, as in no part of the human is seen therefore this could be anyone coincidentally wearing similar attire to someone else with similar fashion sense.

In any case, the person (who none of us can prove who it may be due to lack of visual evidence, unless someone here can confirm it's themself) is photographed in a public place being given a ticket but no unique features are in view, such as a registration plate, a face, a unique tatoo (still not really 100% sure to be unique, in fairness), an image of any personal details, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They go to great lengths to cover up anything distinctive on a van, truck or car - even stickers.

Like I said it's a distinctive helmet and, for a biker, a very unusual choice of jacket. There are not many bikers in Ireland to begin with and the place this happened is known. It identifies a unique person.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

They go to great lengths to cover up anything distinctive on a van, truck or car - even stickers.

Like I said it's a distinctive helmet and, for a biker, a very unusual choice of jacket. There are not many bikers in Ireland to begin with and the place this happened is known. It identifies a unique person.

So?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So maybe next time they won't speed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Name and Shame. Why protect lawbreakers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Emmersonn wrote: »
    Has the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, should the person decide to appeal the Guards penalty decision.
    Facebook mob justice is never real justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Emmersonn wrote: »

It could be seen as prejudicial to any fair trial if the “names and shamed” person decided to contest the charge.

Nothing about “protecting” them - it’s trying to ensure that they don’t give them an easy avenue of appeal to avoid punishment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

How do you know that is even the photo at the scene? Maybe its a staged or stock marketing type photo for illustration purposes that happened to fit in with the theme of the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Kamili wrote: »
    How do you know that is even the photo at the scene? Maybe its a staged or stock marketing type photo for illustration purposes that happened to fit in with the theme of the post.

You are right, it could be staged and even if its not then 99.9% of people who see it will have no idea who it is. But there is an issue from a privacy perspective (I work in this area) as there is enough information in that photo for someone to identify the biker, which is a problem. The distinct jacket and helmet being that info.

Just because you and me have no idea who it is, doesn't mean his/her partner or best mate or boss wont see that pic and figure out who it is based on what little but valuable information is available from the pic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You are right, it could be staged and even if its not then 99.9% of people who see it will have no idea who it is. But there is an issue from a privacy perspective (I work in this area) as there is enough information in that photo for someone to identify the biker, which is a problem. The distinct jacket and helmet being that info.

Just because you and me have no idea who it is, doesn't mean his/her partner or best mate or boss wont see that pic and figure out who it is based on what little but valuable information is available from the pic.

Then don't speed and you won't be embarrassed. Tough luck on him. Sympathy no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Pretty stunned by the amount of people being caught by drug tests, and multiple drugs at that.

I wonder is it because they traditionally haven't been tested, that people feel more confident in risking it than they do with alcohol?

Pretty worrying in any case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I'm just commenting on the person possibly being identifiable. If that was me I'd challenge it in court on the basis of the pic. He has the right to be presumed innocent and the post infers guilt. Due process exists for a reason and we should be thankful.

But yes I agree, don't be a d**k and speed, simple as!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

There was one tweet when I recognised the motorcyclist based on the motorcycle alone.

I don't think he was bothered by it at all.

Also if there is no face, there is no proof it was the person, could let someone else use his gear.

It's a non issue really.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement