Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Traffic on Twitter 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What do they use to tow these days?

The old spiders were the best.

They have a Ford F150

7225666120_8ed0c66c45_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

They have a Ford F150

7225666120_8ed0c66c45_b.jpg

I wonder would they fcuk a Quattro up by towing it, or another 4x4 vehicle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

its actually an F350 dually , some beast with a 6.2l diesel in it. I believe they are instructed not to tow 4x4s with it, somebody in DSPS with american notions clearly conned it into the budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

pablo128 wrote: »
    I wonder would they fcuk a Quattro up by towing it, or another 4x4 vehicle?

The thing with the small wheels on the back is a dolly, they lift the second axle onto these so the wheels don't turn, they can then tow any 4x4.

M

its actually an F350 dually , some beast with a 6.2l diesel in it. I believe they are instructed not to tow 4x4s with it, somebody in DSPS with american notions clearly conned it into the budget.

Yes there's some pur off her when she passes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Yes, bring them back!

45738145554_26a7e27b8f_c.jpg

Those tow trucks used bri g in @8k per shift. Stupid bastards in the government privatised it,;)

M

Those tow trucks used bri g in @8k per shift. Stupid bastards in the government privatised it,;)

Wonder did 'Dr Bill' insist on the massive Renault sign on the front of them ;)

On a side note that Merc is still on the road, NCT is up next month.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

If you can't afford you do without.

Its quite simple really.

I want a boat but can't afford one.

Plenty of other ways of getting around if times are hard.

Yes of course you should not drive without insurance but it's also government responsibility to provide a proper market instead of blaming the regulator. Insurance companies have been riding consumers. It's bull**** to put down increases to claims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Bobtheman wrote: »
    Yes of course you should not drive without insurance but it's also government responsibility to provide a proper market instead of blaming the regulator. Insurance companies have been riding consumers. It's bull**** to put down increases to claims.

I think it’s far more likely to be the stupid payouts for setup claims to be the blame.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Odelay wrote: »
    I think it’s far more likely to be the stupid payouts for setup claims to be the blame.

No evidence that's a real factor in cost increases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

No coincidence that Gannon is former a Garda himself..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

No coincidence that Gannon is former a Garda himself..

Shock,horror.!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Wonder did 'Dr Bill' insist on the massive Renault sign on the front of them ;)

On a side note that Merc is still on the road, NCT is up next month.
    I think that's just the way Renault built them.
    Shame on the side note, I was hoping they were about to make use of the Liffey beside them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 217 ✭✭Cockford Ollie

You'd think the guards have better things to be doing on Christmas Day.

No harm in a drink or two then driving home on Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Fair play to the AGS for catching these spanners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

You'd think the guards have better things to be doing on Christmas Day.

No harm in a drink or two then driving home on Christmas.
    You are joking¡¡¡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Probably just fishing for a reaction here, that or its Danny Healy-Rae.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

bazz26 wrote: »
    Fair play to the AGS for catching these spanners.

+1. It's natural selection at work. The light traffic means there's no safety in numbers. Anyone drink driving is like a sitting duck.

And I'm sure the ones who refused to give a sample were listening to some gobsh1te on a bar stool telling them about some loophole so they won't get done. Well they can tell that to their families when mammy or daddy can't drive them anywhere for the next 4 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

On refusing to give a sample. It's not always as it seems. I was stopped a few years ago and try as I may the unit wouldn't "click". After 5 attempts she said she'd arrest me for refusing to give a sample if I failed again. I blew again and it wouldn't click. After consultation with a colleague she decided to change the mouthpiece. Worked first time and I was sent on my way. Did I deserve 4 yrs off the road for that? Would there have been more tests at the station or would that have been it. I'd had no drink for two days at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

It is 4 years for failing to give a sample in the station.

The roadside test has no legal standing and any reading it gives is not evidence of intoxication.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

It is 4 years for failing to give a sample in the station.

The roadside test has no legal standing and any reading it gives is not evidence of intoxication.
    Is the option for a blood test not available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

sligojoek wrote: »
    On refusing to give a sample. It's not always as it seems. I was stopped a few years ago and try as I may the unit wouldn't "click". After 5 attempts she said she'd arrest me for refusing to give a sample if I failed again. I blew again and it wouldn't click. After consultation with a colleague she decided to change the mouthpiece. Worked first time and I was sent on my way. Did I deserve 4 yrs off the road for that? Would there have been more tests at the station or would that have been it. I'd had no drink for two days at the time.

You have been arrested and brought to a station, given the option of going on the evidential breath tester, blood sample or urine sample.

The machine would have given you the all clear and you'd be released without charge. Blood or urine would take a few weeks to come back.

Refuse any of the above, it's just deemed your over the limit, DPP will press ahead with charges and in court it's up to the judge, they won't know how high or low you where either. Think judge has to take offence of failure to provide a sample, which must have a minimum ban of 4 years.

Easy way to avoid the above, just don't drink and drive.

Thanks for that. I always wondered what would have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Someone I know couldn't give a breath sample because they were asthmatic,
    so they were brought to the station and said it would be a blood test,
    they produced a card saying they were haemophiliac couldn't give blood,
    they were then told it would be a urine sample
    so the produced a Liverpool supporters card....cant take the piss...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

Waiting waiting waiting,no unaccompanied L drivers in the whole of Ireland not caught yet? Amazing,yet any garage forecourt in Ireland in one hour one can see 40 / 50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

124 in the 60 zone at Naas is mind boggling. It’s well publicized that there are speed traps there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Does our ethnic minorities give a sh1te no no they don't.

You want to go into a court sitting and see the mockery made of the whole system.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

colm_mcm wrote: »
    124 in the 60 zone at Naas is mind boggling. It’s well publicized that there are speed traps there.
    "Sure they are on holidays I can drive away at my own speed now."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Does our ethnic minorities give a sh1te no no they don't.

Either
    1. You can tell the ethnicity of the speeder from that tweet, or
    2. You're racist

RayCun wrote: »
    Either
    1. You can tell the ethnicity of the speeder from that tweet, or
    2. You're racist

1. When was I quoting the tweet?

D. How can one be racist if they are the same nationality.,...

Racist card played way too much.

1. When was I quoting the tweet?

So you're not even talking about one specific incident, you're just posting to say that, in general, travellers don't give a sh1te - and you think this is somehow better?
    D. How can one be racist if they are the same nationality.,...

Quite easily, as you've just demonstrated
    Racist card played way too much.

Too many ****ing racists around who want to say racist things and then scream "political correctness gone mad!" when someone calls them on it.

Cop yourself on.

After Hours thataway
    >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Now that we are all finished pigeon holing Irish residents.
    https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1078653495060955140?s=19

So you're not even talking about one specific incident, you're just posting to say that, in general, travellers don't give a sh1te - and you think this is somehow better?

Quite easily, as you've just demonstrated

Too many ****ing racists around who want to say racist things and then scream "political correctness gone mad!" when someone calls them on it.

Cop yourself on.

Please elaborate,...

Racist card again.

Punisher, I'm just going to ask outright for a yes or no answer. No judgement on your views from me and no labelling.
    When you said "ethnic minorities" were you referring to Irish Travelers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

flazio wrote: »
    Punisher, I'm just going to ask outright for a yes or no answer. No judgement on your views from me and no labelling.
    When you said "ethnic minorities" were you referring to Irish Travelers?

Yes. As I've quite an experience with many.

Not good experiences either by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

There was some dodgy driving on Christmas day. Very disappointed not to see any checkpoints around my area or any patrol cars for that matter.

Went to pickup the GF at around 8:30pm and at the junction right outside my estate someone turned right and ended up in the wrong lane, facing two lanes of traffic stopped at the light. They eventually managed to move into the hatching (pedestrian crossing in between lanes) and didn't seem to have control as they were slowly rolling into the correct lane.

Plenty of drivers very obviously struggling to keep between the lanes going down the N4 too and two cars ran a stale red as I was pulling off from a green in the city.

Yet not a single check point or squad car in the area. No check point in the city center etc.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    There was some dodgy driving on Christmas day. Very disappointed not to see any checkpoints around my area or any patrol cars for that matter.

Went to pickup the GF at around 8:30pm and at the junction right outside my estate someone turned right and ended up in the wrong lane, facing two lanes of traffic stopped at the light. They eventually managed to move into the hatching (pedestrian crossing in between lanes) and didn't seem to have control as they were slowly rolling into the correct lane.

Plenty of drivers very obviously struggling to keep between the lanes going down the N4 too and two cars ran a stale red as I was pulling off from a green in the city.

Yet not a single check point or squad car in the area. No check point in the city center etc.

That's a typical normal day out there.

There are many that shouldn't be behind a wheel that's even sober.

• Advertisement

Probably travellers, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Yes. As I've quite an experience with many.

Not good experiences either by the way.

You won't find many that ever had good ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Im sure some of them were, theres sometimes in this thread you find a post about a battered transit, no valid dosks, no valid licence and some stolen tools or a warrant and you just know

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

That's the problem with holidays and Sundays. Less drivers on the road, mean these drivers are noticed alot more!

Sure whatever you say..... Damn right ....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement