Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

theft from work

Options
  • 06-06-2017 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, there has been missing stock at my work, which has raised the directors to carry out an investigation, i am a storeman, the amount is significant and all this year, the goods have been booked into the stock system by myself but was checked off by another employee, so the directors did interviews with branch manager, driver, storeman, and admin , and myself.
    They carried out a stock check last week by other branch workers to see if there was any more discrepancy, there was a few but only a small amount over many products (which the have kind of written off I think)
    The directors have taken the cctv download away with them it will not show me giving away or selling stock over the counter 100%
    Leaving the premises is not under cctv and possible things could be taken this way but there is always the driver that locks up so he would notice anything going out.
    What do you think of this so far?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Is there two storemen?

Was it one of you who checked the stock out?

Are we talking about a large number of products, or a few products of high value?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

Do you gamble? And are you selling your flat because you are in financial difficulty?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

What's the manager doing leaving so early......... Would he be shifting the blame somewhere else as he shifts the stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Do you work in a retail? If so, it could be someone that has access to do refunds.
    In one of my previous jobs a woman who had worked there for almost 10 years was caught doing fake refunds & pocketing the cash. The tills would be correct at the end of the day. She was doing it for years & got away wit it because she fiddeled the stock take for her department.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

This Stock System that everything is booked in on, how many people have access to this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement