Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Initial online price

Options
  • 06-06-2017 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

I was just looking at online house prices there. Suppose a house is advertised online as 250k. Generally does the sale price go much above this or is the priced advertised at the top end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Depends on the location and the EA.
    Some houses in good areas are priced very cheap to draw attention (like the one in Kimmage that was featured on "Find me a home" on RTE) that went like 150k over the asking price of 300k.
    In rural areas it happens that perfectly fine houses sit on the market for a while because the demand in those areas is very little.

When you buy, look at houses in the immediate area to get an idea, also use the property price register and you'll get an idea of what's realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

Cheers Lir, to be honest I was surprised to see 3 bedroom homes in Dublin for 225k with all of the talk in the media. I must add that it will be years before I buy a house, was just looking.

Advertisement