Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to organise a boycott of any groups affiliated with the SC and the agenda..

Options
  • 07-06-2017 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

I believe that it's time to start to organise a boycott of any businesses that think they are going to profit from any hidden agendas that are being pushed by the SC..
    How should this be done and how can a list of these people and the companies be published without running foul of 'boards.ie/shooting'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Gleefulprinter

Why do you want to boycott them and the companies?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Zxthinger wrote: »
    the SC
    Supreme Court?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Victor wrote: »
    Supreme Court?

Sports coalition.

Why do you want to boycott them and the companies?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057730456

Zxthinger wrote: »
    How should this be done and how can a list of these people and the companies be published without running foul of 'boards.ie/shooting'

Start a facebook page ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Start a petition on change.org s well. Or just get a bunch to gether and picket the places of busisness in question?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Within reason the first thing that needs to happen is a name and shame. List the organisation and members that are making these decisions that are going to crucify us.

With full facts out there then you as an individual can make your own minds up.

I don't think press ganging people into a specific action is required.

The Sports Coalition have clearly named individuals and Organisations. The ICTSA are a clear example. At least 70% of their members are also hunters yet nothing has been said. That's because the ICTSA members who are hunters won't push it..and therefore in there eyes there is no problem.

NARGC were part of the Sports Coalition until the issues arising was brought to the Chairman's attention and then the GB said pull out.

Now, the remaining 99.99% of gun dealers who are not in the Sports Coalition of vested interests have set up their own body and are seeking representation.

The Sports Coalition has ceased to exist it's dead......it's just nobody in there has seen the writing on the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Is there any way to have them removed from the FCP, as in they dont represent anybody?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'm sticking this up as a precursor to any possible remarks that will land us in hot water. If i've quoted your post it's not because i'm directing it at you, but simply because you've raised the points i want to address.

Within reason the first thing that needs to happen is a name and shame. List the organisation and members that are making these decisions that are going to crucify us.
    If you name the person please provide a link with irrefutable "proof" that the person is involved with not only the SC, but the proposals.

As for shaming, lets leave any remarks designed to shame aside for the time being. Being named is enough for the moment.

I say this for one simple reason. Tempers can flare and comments can be made that seem innocent enough, but end up the central point of a defamatory case. Such comments will be removed, but if any "make it through", well we all know about a similar Facebook case and the outcome.

So even if you can afford the court case Boards.ie will not allow it to get that far.

We want this topic raised and discussed but one simple moment of anger and the thread will get closed down and/or removed. Then we have nothing.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Now, the remaining 99.99% of gun dealers who are not in the Sports Coalition of vested interests have set up their own body and are seeking representation.
    Set up their own body.

There was an RFD body already in place before the inception of the SC. The SC split this group (however small that split was it happened) and those that remained outside the SC, which counted for the majority, still have that group afaik.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Is there any way to have them removed from the FCP, as in they dont represent anybody?

That's not something we can do, the Minister runs the FCP and the invites are within her aegis. The Firearms Unit PO could do it acting in her stead, but I don't think she'd do that without discussing it with the Minister first. Other bodies could petition the PO to do so, I suppose, but that's a scary precedent...

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

With full facts out there then you as an individual can make your own minds up.

I don't think press ganging people into a specific action is required.

The Sports Coalition have clearly named individuals and Organisations. The ICTSA are a clear example. At least 70% of their members are also hunters yet nothing has been said. That's because the ICTSA members who are hunters won't push it..and therefore in there eyes there is no problem.

NARGC were part of the Sports Coalition until the issues arising was brought to the Chairman's attention and then the GB said pull out.

The Sports Coalition has ceased to exist it's dead......it's just nobody in there has seen the writing on the wall

Exactly!!

This is the point:

Go on to the SC website and see the Association that make up its members..

If you are a member of any of these Associations the FFS get in contact and ask them what the actual F'#k is going on..
    Simples..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Sparks wrote:
    That's not something we can do, the Minister runs the FCP and the invites are within her aegis. The Firearms Unit PO could do it acting in her stead, but I don't think she'd do that without discussing it with the Minister first. Other bodies could petition the PO to do so, I suppose, but that's a scary precedent...

I see what your saying But let us surmise for a moment, if the Sports Coalition doesn't represent anyone, and its proven that some of the organisations in there are phantoms.
    Sure to God they have no mandate to be their and they are damaged goods and potentially a threat to the Ministers reputation.

Advertisement