Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB Statements

• 07-06-2017 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Long story short, I need to provide a banking history to a new employer showing them that I was paid between the duration I was employed with them(Dont have payslips as it goes back 15 years).

Called PTSB requesting a statement(s) showing this. THEY WANT €2.50 per PAGE :mad::mad::mad::mad:

They also wont run a query to show all transactions and put this on the online system for download or even send them in excel format.

Do they really think I will pay €600(15yrs x 4months(statments are quarterly) x 4 pages(average) x €2.50) for a statement of transactions??

Are banks so behind these days that as I said above, A simple select all query cant be run and just send me the info electronically???????????????????? RANT OVER

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

Ahh thats banks for you, anyway to screw you for a few more quid, btw for what possible reason would an employer want to know what you were paid over the last 15 years, seems strange!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

I doubt stuff going back 15 yrs is on their systems at the moment, archived somewhere and will need to be retrieved hence more costly. It's definitely not as simple as just keep pressing previous page on their present system, that will only go back a few years at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

ellobee wrote: »
    btw for what possible reason would an employer want to know what you were paid over the last 15 years, seems strange!!

Its not what I was paid, but more that I was a salaried employee for the time I say I was there. Their using a vetting company for this so their on my case to get as much proof as possible.

They advised if you get statements showing the first months, last months and half way in between's wages that will suffice.

As I was saying, its too far back to have payslips and there were no e-payslips back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

jesus there has to be an easier way to prove you worked for someone for 15 years,can they not just ask your employer,
    what about p60's do you have them?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

That seems like a bonkers request to be making. If it's going back that far, the statements are most likely on microfiche and will have to be pulled up manually by some employee - it's time consuming, hence the cost.

TBH, if I were you I'd be getting on to Revenue and asking them can you get copies of your P21 or tax credit statements going back to then. Both of those would show what you earned from your employer at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭TempAc

So there's actually a way around the fees. You structure your request for details as a Data Protection Act request, they aren't allowed to charge you and the must give you all the information within 21 days.

I did it before with BoI after I had just taken a loan out with them. They sent me everything they had on me so you need to be really specific as to what details you want sent to you as part of the request. If you say "Everything" you could easily end up with a few thousands of pages of printouts.

Advertisement