Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance, recovering "expenses" during car repairs?

Options
  • 07-06-2017 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

I think I might have jinxed myself before by posting in the forum raving about my insurance premium reduction this year ! :-(

Relatively new driver ( 2 years full time ) - I think I already know the answer, but, is there any channel in which I could re coupe expenses paid during the time without my car ( public transport etc. )

Genuinely wondering, so apologies if it seems like a stupid question.

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'd say it is unlikely you can to recoup expenses during car repairs.
    It's something that would be in your agreement with your insurer so you need to ask them.

For instance Axa have courtesy cars, I don't know about other costs
    https://www.axa.ie/help/question/courtesy-car-after-car-accident/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

You can only recoup expenses from a 3rd party who causes you a loss

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

biko wrote: »
    I'd say it is unlikely you can to recoup expenses during car repairs.
    It's something that would be in your agreement with your insurer so you need to ask them.

For instance Axa have courtesy cars, I don't know about other costs
    https://www.axa.ie/help/question/courtesy-car-after-car-accident/
    You can only recoup expenses from a 3rd party who causes you a loss

Thanks both. Probably should have just re-read my own question, im essentially claiming against myself as no others involved so of course i cant recover the costs, sorry silly question :)

Rob

Advertisement