Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disconnecting old eircom alarm

Options
  • 07-06-2017 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Anybody know how i can completely disconnect the alarm? It's the simon xt model. Getting new windows fitted and it was beeping all night because the sensors were taking off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

I had a similar situation but at 4am after pulling the power (removed fuse from spur) I resorted to brute force and ignorance, pulled off cover, removed battery and ripped out speaker..

Went back to bed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

knipex wrote: »
    I had a similar situation but at 4am after pulling the power (removed fuse from spur) I resorted to brute force and ignorance, pulled off cover, removed battery and ripped out speaker..

Went back to bed.....

I was afraid to do that last night in fear the alarm would start screeching. So removing the fuse in spur and pulling out the battery from control panel will stop it making noise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Marco85 wrote: »
    I was afraid to do that last night in fear the alarm would start screeching. So removing the fuse in spur and pulling out the battery from control panel will stop it making noise?

I was half asleep at the time but I seem to remember that once I got the cover open the anti tamper went off which was full volume alarm.. That's when the speaker was ripped off and then the battery..

I keep a small tool box where the alarm panel was... and in that tool box is a lump hammer.... which was used liberally..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Marco85 wrote: »
    Anybody know how i can completely disconnect the alarm? It's the simon xt model. Getting new windows fitted and it was beeping all night because the sensors were taking off.

It just need you to close up the sensors and acknowledge the faults.
    This will stop the beeping.

Advertisement