Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving in UK

Options
  • 07-06-2017 9:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Hi there

My wife's car insurance policy is with you, and I'm a named driver on it.

We're taking her car to the UK for a few days. We sail out this Saturday (June 10) and will return the following Friday (June 16).

A few questions relating to this -
    a) Do we have fully comprehensive insurance for driving in the UK during that time, or third party only?

b) Does our breakdown cover apply in the UK, and if so, what's the phone number to call if we need it?

c) If our breakdown cover does not apply, is there any sort of short-term breakdown assistance add-on policy we can consider?

Thanks.
    Colm.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Duffryman wrote: »
    Hi there

My wife's car insurance policy is with you, and I'm a named driver on it.

We're taking her car to the UK for a few days. We sail out this Saturday (June 10) and will return the following Friday (June 16).

A few questions relating to this -
    a) Do we have fully comprehensive insurance for driving in the UK during that time, or third party only?

b) Does our breakdown cover apply in the UK, and if so, what's the phone number to call if we need it?

c) If our breakdown cover does not apply, is there any sort of short-term breakdown assistance add-on policy we can consider?

Thanks.
    Colm.
    Hi Colm
    We can confirm you would have the same level of cover in the UK as what you have in the Republic of Ireland eg if you have Comprehensive cover you would have Comprehensive cover in the UK. You would also have Breakdown Assistance while you are in the UK. While you are in the UK you can call our breakdown assistance helpline 24 hours a day on 00353 91 560636. Hope this helps.
    Regards

Seán

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Hi Sean,

That's brilliant. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement