Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drogheda Congress

• 07-06-2017 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

I played the Drogheda Congress last weekend, not having played in it for many years, and was a bit daunted by it being held in a school and the rather poor way it was advertised. I needn't have worried! The organisation and venue were superb. It was held in a spacious, bright hall, natural light on all sides, no problems with noise. Each game was on its own table. It really adds to a tournament when you wander about without squeezing past people all the time. The tournament itself was run very efficiently (and good-naturedly!), not a single hiccup I can think of. I'll definitely consider playing this again next year. Well done to all involved in the organisation.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Vampslayer

Well done to Drogheda indeed. Despite the poor advertising and conflicting information they had out there, the weekend itself went well. Always lovely people up there. I just wish they would be more organised in advance though. I can't help thinking they are flying by the seat of their pants and just get lucky on the day! Still apart from their pre tournament issues was very enjoyable.

The tournament has not been rated yet. Any idea when this will happen? Seems to be taking longer than usual

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Vampslayer wrote: »
    The tournament has not been rated yet. Any idea when this will happen? Seems to be taking longer than usual

It would be nice to see this rated. Any progress?

Err......any word on when this likely to be rated? Anyone from Drogheda know why this is taking so long??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Drop them an e-mail would be best I'm sure.

Probably contactable through their website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

I emailed almost a fortnight ago and was told there was a problem with a file.

Which is code for "We filled it out incorrectly and cannot figure out how to fix now" or "we lost the proper results so not sure what to do" Their Arbiter should give his fee back to them! Such a problem should be easy to fix

Advertisement