Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling abroad

Options
  • 07-06-2017 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Is it possible to set up an extra/alternative account to use while travelling? I have a credit card but I would like to have an alternative account then my regular current account for access to cash as I am away for over a month in China and bills will be coming out/pay in etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

sscan24 wrote: »
    Is it possible to set up an extra/alternative account to use while travelling? I have a credit card but I would like to have an alternative account then my regular current account for access to cash as I am away for over a month in China and bills will be coming out/pay in etc.
    Hi sscan24,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

You can certainly open a second Current account if you wish. You can do this through your existing Current account when logged into 365 Online and the Apply Online button and "Personal Current Account". You will then be guided through the application process such as providing your contact details and whether you wish to request a Debit card with the new account.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sscan24

Hi sscan24,

You can certainly open a second Current account if you wish. You can do this through your existing Current account when logged into 365 Online and the Apply Online button and "Personal Current Account". You will then be guided through the application process such as providing your contact details and whether you wish to request a Debit card with the new account.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi I received my card and bank details. CAn I add this to my current online banking or do I need to set up a totally separate one for this account? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sscan24

Hi sscan24,

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi I received my card and bank details. CAn I add this to my current online banking or do I need to set up a totally separate one for this account? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi sscan24,

Thanks for the post.

Yes you can add the account online once all the details are matching the other current account such as name on account, address and date of birth.

Please log into your online banking and follow the steps below to add your new account:

-Online service desk
    -What can we do for you
    -Add account or policy
    -Insert new account details

Once you complete this the new account will appear on your 365 in 3-5 working days. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement