Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Makeup and hair for a wedding

Options
  • 07-06-2017 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Looking for a rec for getting my makeup and hair done for a wedding in Dublin (city centre or south city) next month. Or even better if someone knows of someone who does house calls? I'm currently looking at 'Callan & Co' in Ballsbridge - does anyone have any experience with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭waterfordgirl

I havent used them myself but they have been highly recommended by a friend of mine! They have a fantastic reputation so i'd say go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

IMO Paula is one of the best make up artists in the country so if you manage to get her I've no doubt you'll look amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Thanks for the replies; I'm actually thinking of booking with Nars at Brown Thomas now as I can then get makeup for same value. Has anyone used the salon they have there for an upstyle? Or is there anywhere city centre around Grafton Street that do good upstyles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I'd recommend Dylan Bradshaw.

Thanks but they charge 100 for an upstyle! A little more than I wanted to spend. I rang BT and they can only start doing my makeup at 10. I was hoping to get hair and makeup done by that time as wedding is on early. Does anyone know someone who does house calls for makeup/hair in south city centre and can vouch for them?
    Thanks for all suggestions so far!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Honestly for a July wedding (peak season) this is quite last minute. I'm getting mine done for a wedding in July and booked it 3 months ago based on how hard it was to try to get appointments for both at early times last year. When exactly is the wedding? If its Saturday morning you could have some difficulty.

You could try Brown Sugar as they have a few locations.

I do know a girl who does hair on a freelance basis but she tends to be booked up a fair bit in advance. I could PM you her details though if you want, and she does know MUA's who she would work with regularly.

Edit: Have you tried Brown Thomas for hair also? http://www.brownthomas.com/brands/aveda/services/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Thanks for the replies; I'm actually thinking of booking with Nars at Brown Thomas now as I can then get makeup for same value. Has anyone used the salon they have there for an upstyle? Or is there anywhere city centre around Grafton Street that do good upstyles?
    Nars have fab artists I would defo book in with them asap as it can be difficult to get appointments at peak times. I used to always go to a girl there who has sadly moved away. Brown Thomas now have a salon on Clarendon St. that do blowdrys and upstyles which might suit. I can also reccomend Joseph Kramer on Wicklow St and Zeba on South William St. Also there's a few Peter Marks in the area. I'd get booking though as SarahMollie said it's peak wedding season.

Edited to add: I reread and I see you already know about the BT salon, I've had a curly blowdry there and there was a girl having an upstyle and it looked great!

Honestly for a July wedding (peak season) this is quite last minute. I'm getting mine done for a wedding in July and booked it 3 months ago based on how hard it was to try to get appointments for both at early times last year. When exactly is the wedding? If its Saturday morning you could have some difficulty.

You could try Brown Sugar as they have a few locations.

I do know a girl who does hair on a freelance basis but she tends to be booked up a fair bit in advance. I could PM you her details though if you want, and she does know MUA's who she would work with regularly.

Edit: Have you tried Brown Thomas for hair also? http://www.brownthomas.com/brands/aveda/services/

Thanks; yes I always leave these things very late! Thought I was being good this time. It's on a Friday and I would like to get the hair and makeup done by 10 that morning ideally. Unfortunately BT makeup counters only open at 10. That would be great if you could PM freelance hairdresser!

Has anyone any experience of Glissed.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

I also know a freelancer who works around south Dublin if thats any use?

• Advertisement

SozBbz wrote: »
    I also know a freelancer who works around south Dublin if thats any use?

That would be great! Thank you

Advertisement