Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Boyle

Options
  • 07-06-2017 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

i'm hoping to move to boyle next month for a job. i am currently looking at a house in riverview.

whats boyle like? seems like a decent location, trains buses to dublin and sligo, carrick 10 minutes away. is the broadband connection bad there? obviously there wont be much nightlife but i could go into carrick for that when needed and there seems to be a good few pubs as well in boyle for a quiet pint. also seems to be some nice walks and activities up around lough key forest park.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's not a main city and as long as you are ok with that I think you'll like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

thanks, was in the town the other day and it seemed nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Boyle is well serviced Broadband wise (fibre is available from Eir, Vodafone etc), and public transport wise too, with a train station running to Sligo and Dublin several times daily. It's on the Bus Eireann route too, Dublin, Galway and Sligo.

I'm originally from Boyle, lived there 30 years. Pubs are grand, but there's little else to do. Carrick on Shannon is only 9 miles over the road, and they have cinemas, Aldi/Lidl/Tesco etc.

The people of Boyle are pretty welcoming. If you want to find out more about the town, visit www.realboyle.com - it's ran by a native of the town (Sean O'Dowd, actor Chris' father), updated every day, with tons of photos etc.

I return to Boyle as often as I can, Lough Key Forest Park is something really special, right on your doorstep.

Advertisement