If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home cinema Monitor Audio speakers

Options
  • 07-06-2017 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi.

Im thinking of upgrading the front L and R speakers in my surround sound setup.

Currently the front L and R speakers are Monitor Audio Bronze 3 , the rear speakers are Bronze 1 and the center speaker is a Bronze center

I'm thinking of getting floorstander Bronze 5 or 6  Or Silver 6.

Is this advisable to pair these higher spec speakers with the remaining speakers?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi.

Currently the front L and R speakers are Monitor Audio Bronze 3 , the rear speakers are Bronze 1 and the center speaker is a Bronze center

Is this advisable to pair these higher spec speakers with the remaining speakers?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi rollotomasi,

I would advise pairing these speakers with your current set up. It's a good idea to keep the tone as close as possible and sticking with Monitor Audio would give you the closest match. I would advise between the Bronze 6 and the Silver 6 as they give a much bigger and more defined soundstage than the Bronze 5. Also the Silver 6 are down in price at the moment and are a bargain at £799 which is a lot of speaker for the money.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

Hi.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi rollotomasi,

I would advise pairing these speakers with your current set up. It's a good idea to keep the tone as close as possible and sticking with Monitor Audio would give you the closest match. I would advise between the Bronze 6 and the Silver 6 as they give a much bigger and more defined soundstage than the Bronze 5. Also the Silver 6 are down in price at the moment and are a bargain at £799 which is a lot of speaker for the money.

Kind regards

David
    Hi David

Thanks for getting back to me. Do you have the Silver 6 in black oak or black gloss in stock? Any recommendation on the finish?
    BTW, do you accept payment by bank transfer? I may be in Belfast next week, in shop do you accept euro?

Many thanks

Hi.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi rollotomasi,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David

Thanks for getting back to me. Do you have the Silver 6 in black oak or black gloss in stock? Any recommendation on the finish?
    BTW, do you accept payment by bank transfer? I may be in Belfast next week, in shop do you accept euro?

Many thanks
    Hi rollotomasi,

I only have the Silver 6 left in black oak or walnut.

We can accept bank transfer or you can pay with card over the phone. Also you can pay with Euro if you are in store either via cash or card.

Let me know if you would like me to reserve a pair.

Kind regards

David

Hi.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi rollotomasi,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David

Many thanks
    Hi rollotomasi,

We can accept bank transfer or you can pay with card over the phone. Also you can pay with Euro if you are in store either via cash or card.

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

I think so - its the Black Oak, I would go for. Is there a number to ring to discuss? I can be in Belfast on Monday morning.

PM if you require some further details.

Many thanks

Ray

Hi.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi rollotomasi,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David

Many thanks
    Hi rollotomasi,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

I think so - its the Black Oak, I would go for. Is there a number to ring to discuss? I can be in Belfast on Monday morning.

Many thanks

Ray
    Hi Ray,

If you want to PM me your contact number I can call you back to reserve those for you. I am off tomorrow but back in on Saturday of you want me to call you then?

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi rollotomasi,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David

Many thanks
    Hi rollotomasi,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Many thanks

Ray
    Hi Ray,

If you want to PM me your contact number I can call you back to reserve those for you. I am off tomorrow but back in on Saturday of you want me to call you then?

Kind regards

David
    PM sent.
    Ray

Hi.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi rollotomasi,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David

Many thanks
    Hi rollotomasi,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Many thanks

Ray
    Hi Ray,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks - PM sent.
    Ray

Hi.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi rollotomasi,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David

Many thanks
    Hi rollotomasi,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Many thanks

Ray
    Hi Ray,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks - PM sent.
    Ray
    Thanks Ray, I was off yesterday but I believe Stephen got you sorted. See you on Monday.

Hi,

I picked up the Silver 8's yesterday. Later, on your website, I did see that the Silver 10's are current going for the same price:

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12493-black-316533.aspx?swapstore=1

Would it be inconvenient to swap the 8's with the 10?

Many thanks

Hi,

I picked up the Silver 8's yesterday. Later, on your website, I did see that the Silver 10's are current going for the same price:

Many thanks
    Hi rollotomasi,

Unfortunately we are now sold out of the Silver 10s. The last set was ordered this morning and we only have the Silver 8s left.

Apologies for any inconvenience. Have you had a chance to have a listen to the Silver 8s yet?

• Advertisement

Hi,

Many thanks
    Hi rollotomasi,

Unfortunately we are now sold out of the Silver 10s. The last set was ordered this morning and we only have the Silver 8s left.

Apologies for any inconvenience. Have you had a chance to have a listen to the Silver 8s yet?
    Hi Kenny,

no worries - hopefully the last set that went wasn't in the colour I would have wanted! :-)

I've not opened the box yet but now I will - but am happy with my purchase. 

Thanks again for your assistance.

Hi,

Many thanks
    Hi rollotomasi,

Hi Kenny,

no worries - hopefully the last set that went wasn't in the colour I would have wanted! :-)

Hi,

Many thanks
    Hi rollotomasi,

Hi Kenny,

No problem! You won;t be disappointed with the 8s!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.