Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a picture of your car thread

Options
  • 07-06-2017 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

Got a 24hr ban for "Quoting pictures".

it's pretty clear what the rule is re: quoting pictures in the thread. It refers to quoting actual pictures posters have posted of their own cars when responding to said pictures.

In my case I responded to a users post in which he linked the DD add of his newest purchase. Unfortunately the seller had marked the DD add as sold therefore no one could see the users car.

I then remembered I had posted the car in question in the bangernomics thread and when doing so I had embedded images of it. To help I then quoted my post from the bangernomics thread into the post a picture of your car thread so as to show everyone the car the user was referring to originally.

I did not quote a picture from the thread itself which is what the no quoting pictures rule is supposed to be about.

The 24hr ban matters little to me however subsequently having the ban referred to should I receive any other ban in the future thus increasing any prospective ban I may receive does.

So its for that reason that I wish to appeal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Hi selectamatic, did you PM the moderator who banned you and try to explain that to him, as per the first step in the above "what to do if you've been banned"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Yep sent him a quick pm a few minutes after receiving the standard ban message yesterday around lunchtime, then a more detailed one later on in the evening. Heard no word back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Update: this can be locked.

A strict interpretation of rather open ended wording regarding the rule in question. Was more or less the response.

But no point dragging anything out over what is a minor thing really. Especially when it'll have no future implications.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement