Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is this Leaf a decent purchase?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

unkel wrote: »
    Well wear!

I'm surprised that you needed new front discs after just 62k km (38k miles). Did you ask / get any explanation for that? Saw a clip of a Tesla model S with 400k km and its original discs were about half worn. And the Tesla is a very heavy performance car. I wouldn't expect ever to have to change discs on any EV...

I mentioned the same and got the usual answer of "some people use the brakes more", which is hard to argue with I suppose. I also found the auction catalogue it was originally listed in and that was dated end of January, so I suppose several months of sitting around could have corroded them more than a main dealer would be happy with. They do look new so I believe they changed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

NIMAN wrote: »

I think it's not at all bad, but there's better value to be had. For a bit more cash you'd be having yourself a 1.5 Gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Was thinking that.
    Plus I'm not mad keen on that light interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

NIMAN wrote: »
    Was thinking that.
    Plus I'm not mad keen on that light interior.

The light interior is not a bad place to be. I have both and I like them both equally. Obviously a dark interior is easier to keep clean looking, but the light interior feels nicer (if that makes sense).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

unkel wrote: »
    Well wear!

I'm surprised that you needed new front discs after just 62k km (38k miles). Did you ask / get any explanation for that? Saw a clip of a Tesla model S with 400k km and its original discs were about half worn. And the Tesla is a very heavy performance car. I wouldn't expect ever to have to change discs on any EV...

I replaced the discs on my 57k km Leaf due to heavy corrosion.
    I bought from Scotland and seemly its normal up/over there.

Advertisement