Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit card and credit card having issues together

Options
  • 07-06-2017 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

HI

I am having issues fro m  Monday.   Visa Debit  card and Mastercard Credit card are not able to pay POS and contactless.

I went  to a BOI ATM  and the debit card seems faulty and with the credit card I was able to draft money.

Anyway with both of them I can't use POS swiping and contactless.

Can you send me a PM as I have already contacted this morning by phone and you told me there was no issue on the debit card.    

THnaks is quite urgent

PS: not a problem of limit as my wife has no issues with cards for same joint account 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

crodeghin wrote: »
    HI

I am having issues fro m  Monday.   Visa Debit  card and Mastercard Credit card are not able to pay POS and contactless.

I went  to a BOI ATM  and the debit card seems faulty and with the credit card I was able to draft money.

Anyway with both of them I can't use POS swiping and contactless.

Can you send me a PM as I have already contacted this morning by phone and you told me there was no issue on the debit card.    

THnaks is quite urgent

PS: not a problem of limit as my wife has no issues with cards for same joint account 
    Hi crodeghin,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear that you've had this trouble using your cards. It may be that the chip in your Visa Debit card and Credit Card is slightly damaged or that there is a security block on your card. Regrettably we'd be unable to investigate this here on Boards, however please call our BOI Direct team on 0818 365365 or 0035314044000 and an advisor can double check this for you. This number is available 8am to midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on weekends.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement