Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet access conflict between Kodi and PC

Options
  • 07-06-2017 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭

Hi

My Kodi works fine for streaming and is connected to main router by Ethernet cable. However when I turn on my PC which is also connected to same router by Ethernet, Kodi will not load any sources etc. Clearly there is some time of conflict but I cannot figure it out, any suggestions are welcome. Router is set up with DHCP. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hi

My Kodi works fine for streaming and is connected to main router by Ethernet cable. However when I turn on my PC which is also connected to same router by Ethernet, Kodi will not load any sources etc. Clearly there is some time of conflict but I cannot figure it out, any suggestions are welcome. Router is set up with DHCP. Thanks

Check the IP Address of both devices (BTW what is Kodi running on? Another PC?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Check the IP Address of both devices (BTW what is Kodi running on? Another PC?)

Yea was already thinking to set static ip addresses although i can still access net on device kodi is running on, its a ferguson ariva 4k combo. Speed test on it displays as normal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Yea was already thinking to set static ip addresses although i can still access net on device kodi is running on, its a ferguson ariva 4k combo. Speed test on it displays as normal too.

Do both devices have the same IP address?

They shouldn't if the DHCP is working properly.
    Maybe you set a fixed IP address on one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Try rebooting the router, it may have got its knicks in a twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Do both devices have the same IP address?

They shouldn't if the DHCP is working properly.
    Maybe you set a fixed IP address on one of them?

Nah its always been set to DHCP, just thought maybe it was getting confused assigning addresses and that it might be better to make decision for router. Maybe PC is hogging necessary bandwidth if booted before kodi?

• Advertisement
Advertisement