Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance risk with company car for two years+?

Options
  • 07-06-2017 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭

Quick question - considering company car but would my 8+ NCB become non existent after 2+ years in a company car where the company are paying the insurance? Anybody have recent experience of this let me know tnks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭blackbox

Not sure if two years is the limit, but yes, this happened to me.

Keeping yourself as a named driver on spouse's policy helps somewhat. They would give me no allowance for company car experience without claims when I bought another car (still have company car).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭Casati

blackbox wrote: »
    Not sure if two years is the limit, but yes, this happened to me.

Keeping yourself as a named driver on spouse's policy helps somewhat. They would give me no allowance for company car experience without claims when I bought another car (still have company car).

Thanks, that's going to be a problem as I can't guarantee I won't be back in my own car in two years and would really despise seeing my insurance go from 600/700 quid to 2 or 3 grand as I see happening folk that have left the country for a few year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Just insure your own car once every two years third party. Keep the NCB alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭Casati

Just insure your own car once every two years third party. Keep the NCB alive.

Taking the company car is really expensive with BIK and would only work financially if I have no other motoring expenses in my own name so really I'm better off forgetting about it unless my mileage really goes high next year

Advertisement