Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Draw for the slam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Draw for the slam.

Group E looks very tasty. Not much else to get excited about in the group stages.

MvG and Ross the Boss is another standout match up.

Hopefully Lennon can get out of the group, depends what form Barneys in. This really short format will cause a few upsets.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Yeah group E looks like they’ve shat on poor Durrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

bassy wrote: »
    Anderson wont hit the heights or peak like he done when he won back 2 back worlds.so for that reason he wont be winning much in the way of majors again.as the final last nite proved.
    Hes money is made and getting runs to quarters Nd semis will ensure money in the bank.

his girlfriend has only just had another child in last few weeks so he has played next to no darts recently
    he said himself he is a mile from his best but happy to get back playing
    last night was no major - not even close
    the run up to andersons second world championship was much same as this year and so was his run up to last years final loss
    his money was made as far back as 2011 so iv no idea what point you are trying to make

• Advertisement

Pretty dismal trophys for the world series final...............

its a mickey mouse event :confused::confused:

Draw for the slam.

for me the event was better when it was on itv4 in its early years 07 -12 played with daytime and nightime games
    when u had hankey and the likes entering
    its in danger of turning into just another sky event
    plus the standard of bdo players has dropped alot
    still 1 of my fav events

• Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭bassy

sc86 wrote: »
    his girlfriend has only just had another child in last few weeks so he has played next to no darts recently
    he said himself he is a mile from his best but happy to get back playing
    last night was no major - not even close
    the run up to andersons second world championship was much same as this year and so was his run up to last years final loss
    his money was made as far back as 2011 so iv no idea what point you are trying to make

I never said that final was a major.
    Having a child lol sure mvg had one lately and hes still winning even though hes no where near firing on all cyclinders.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Anderson wont hit the heights or peak like he done when he won back 2 back worlds.so for that reason he wont be winning much in the way of majors again.as the final last nite proved.
    Hes money is made and getting runs to quarters Nd semis will ensure money in the bank.

Nonsense.

He's made the last three world finals.

The most important tournament by a country mile and the only PDC ranking tournament he's ever won apart from one players championship finals.

Him and The Power the only ones capable of stopping MVG from number 3.

Anderson looks like someone who is priming himself for the World Championships.
    After MvG he is the best player out there and he'll fancy his chances of winning another world title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

and the long set format suits Anderson

gramar wrote: »
    Anderson looks like someone who is priming himself for the World Championships.
    After MvG he is the best player out there and he'll fancy his chances of winning another world title.

Peter Wright is the second best player in the world without a doubt. Rob Cross 3rd in my opinion. Can't judge a player who hits form for 2 weeks a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Peter Wright is the second best player in the world without a doubt. Rob Cross 3rd in my opinion. Can't judge a player who hits form for 2 weeks a year.

Cross can do it on the floor but yet to show it on the big stage so he's far from third imo. I agree with Wright being second, after that they're all much of a muchness.

Cross was runner up on itv only last week. Final of 2 other euro tours on big stage. Quater finals of uk open. He's won 4 ranking events and multiple floor finals. He's the 3rd most consistent player this year on and off tv

Cross was runner up on itv only last week. Final of 2 other euro tours on big stage. Quater finals of uk open. He's won 4 ranking events and multiple floor finals. He's the 3rd most consistent player this year on and off tv

I watch the majority of the darts on the telly and last week was the first time I'd really seen Cross make a stab at it, have heard he's ripping it up on the floor but the big stage is where you make it.

Liamalone wrote: »
    I watch the majority of the darts on the telly and last week was the first time I'd really seen Cross make a stab at it, have heard he's ripping it up on the floor but the big stage is where you make it.

3 finals and a quater final on the big stage in the last 9 months.

3 finals and a quater final on the big stage in the last 9 months.

Fair enough Rob, come back when you've won one :D

24th in the rankings, behind titans like Michael Smith and Benito Van de Pas, yeah third best in the world. He's good but ain't that good.

The rankings go over 2 years.

The rankings go over 2 years.

True, Steve Beaton is above him for one, surely if he's been doing so well he'd be higher.

Anyways, he's good but he's not third best in the world if he hasn't proved himself on the big stage. Which he hasn't.

On form Cross is in the top 5. Whether he confirms that form with a good showing at the World Championship remains to be seen. He seems to have a quiet determination about him and have every confidence in his ability and looks set to establish himself as a top player over the next season.

• Advertisement

True, Steve Beaton is above him for one, surely if he's been doing so well he'd be higher.

Anyways, he's good but he's not third best in the world if he hasn't proved himself on the big stage. Which he hasn't.

You don't seem to understand the rankings mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

peteeeed wrote: »
    and the long set format suits Anderson

Set format full stop, its and entirely different concept, MVG actually struggles in comparision to straight leg matches

Consistent or best? There is a very big difference. I know if my life depended on it and I could pick one player to beat MVG neither of those two would even enter my thoughts.

You don't seem to understand the rankings mate

I don't profess to know them inside out but someone who is 'third best' in the world and on top form should be higher than 24th. Gurney for example is doing well and is 4th in the same rankings.

I never said that final was a major.
    Having a child lol sure mvg had one lately and hes still winning even though hes no where near firing on all cyclinders.

if you had ever had a child you will know having 1 in your 20s takes alot out of you on day to day - i cant even imagine how hard it is in your 50s

god good you cant be serious :confused:

rob cross is 3rd best player in world?
    he hasnt even won a mickey mouse major
    hes a form floor player this year - thats it
    he has proved nothing in majors

mvg has said it lots that gary is only player that can stay with him

I don't profess to know them inside out but someone who is 'third best' in the world and on top form should be higher than 24th. Gurney for example is doing well and is 4th in the same rankings.

Again, has only a pro 9 months. Rankings go over 2 years. He could have won the matchplay and still wouldn't be top 10.

Again, has only a pro 9 months. Rankings go over 2 years. He could have won the matchplay and still wouldn't be top 10.

Tbh he could win both world championships and I still wouldn't class him as third in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭bassy

sc86 wrote: »
    if you had ever had a child you will know having 1 in your 20s takes alot out of you on day to day - i cant even imagine how hard it is in your 50s

Rent a nanny job with all the millions.................and showcase the kids at the darts playing the super parents.......

Again..Rob Cross only started earning this year while those around him are ranked based on two years earnings. It's anything but scientific but ig you doubled his earnings he'd be in the top 10 and that's the kind of form he's in.

• Advertisement

stephen bunting done same in his first year on the order of merit
    think he was top 20 by the time the worlds was on
    how long did that last?
    i could name 10 others that have done the same and are nowhere now

plenty have showed form for few months
    be consistant over a few years and win a few majors
    then you can start to consider if hes top 5 or whatever

wayne mardle comes out with total hyperbowl sh1t and even he wouldnt come out with something as off the charts
    as rob cross been 3rd best in the world

Advertisement