Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Similar to the darts ladies, the 'grid ladies' are going.

F1 bosses said they will no longer use grid girls from this current season which starts in Australia in two months' time because it is not in keeping with their brand values.

Boxing/UFC's 'round signage placard notifiers' next?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Cheerleading be banned next

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

UK Open qualifiers on in Wigan today. Corey Cadby beats Cross 6-2 in last 64. See Terry Jenkins among the field thought he’d retired?

Lewis throwing his toys out of the pram again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

That'll be a few grand of a fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

KevIRL wrote: »

What actually happened couldn't make it out properly.

Lewis looked like he was losing the plot. That treble 20 bounce out probably cost the lad the match

TbL

Lewis has been suspended with immediate effect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

It looked like Perales threw and Lewis walked into the back of him before he had moved to get his darts.
    Lewis then kept telling him not to 'piss me off'. Not sure did he think Perales was stalling on the oche or something prior to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kentoccfc

Lewis is in deep trouble going by the clips.

kentoccfc wrote: »
    Lewis is in deep trouble going by the clips.

Yeah he was very aggressive throwing his (considerable) weight around.

Can they disqualify him and award the match to the opponent? (From a prize money perspective)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I see MVG won out.
    This really should be the sort of thing he's vulnerable in, - 7 games in a day, on the floor, after a late night in Dublin, short format where potentially someone can streak to a win against you. He's incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kentoccfc

Yeah he was very aggressive throwing his (considerable) weight around.

Can they disqualify him and award the match to the opponent? (From a prize money perspective)

TbL

Depends how quickly the DRA deal with the incident. If it was a major, you can be sure of it (think it might've happened to Huybrechts at one stage) but on a floor tournament I'm not 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I see MVG won out.
    This really should be the sort of thing he's vulnerable in, - 7 games in a day, on the floor, after a late night in Dublin, short format where potentially someone can streak to a win against you. He's incredible.

He won first leg with a 120 check out .. single 20..bull bull .. haha, and a 170 checkout to win final leg,Smith could only laugh behind him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

The lewis incident is a big deal over nothing

talk about blowing a story up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

GBH charge for Lewis

no?

Liamalone wrote: »
    GBH charge for Lewis

no?

No, but it was seriously unsportsmanlike behaviour and probably cost his opponent the match

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Mvg threw over 100 avg in every round today.. He's back!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭android1

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I am wondering why ThebitterLemon signs off his posts. Is this a darts thing? I havn't seen it in any other forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

android1 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to this forum. I am wondering why ThebitterLemon signs off his posts. Is this a darts thing? I havn't seen it in any other forum.

Not a darts thing but an option sitewide on Boards.ie. Go here if you want to add a signature to your posts on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

TbL

Very much doubt they can do that after the match has been played to a conclusion. I'd imagine a fine will be levied though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Anyone know if I get a sub for PDC TV can it be casted on to the TV from android phone

Was there any previous in the game before Lewis appeared to trip his opponent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

Was this just a qualifier event that MVG won? Why would he have to play one of these the day after the Premier League no less.

I follow the darts a bit but wouldn’t be familiar with the inner workings of it. That just seems like a mad set up for the world no.1 to have go through.

Everyone has to qualify for the UK open no matter who you are

baas baa wrote: »
    Was this just a qualifier event that MVG won? Why would he have to play one of these the day after the Premier League no less.

I follow the darts a bit but wouldn’t be familiar with the inner workings of it. That just seems like a mad set up for the world no.1 to have go through.

There's a mix of events on the circuit.
    Some events are purely based on world ranking, such as the Matchplay and the Masters.
    Other have a series of qualifying tournaments with only the best X players from these tournaments qualifying, examples include the UK Open and the Players Championship.
    Other events are a mix of ranking and various qualifier tournaments, prime example being the World Championship.
    The Grand Slam has a unique qualifier system with the 1st and 2nd in every other event qualifying, if there's any 'left over' places there is a one-off qualifier tournament. Plus some tokens from the rival organisation.
    Finally there are a series of invite only events, though generally the top ranked players will be auto-invited. These are generally tedious.

Hope that helps.

Robbie green threw a 9 darter earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

There's a mix of events on the circuit.
    Some events are purely based on world ranking, such as the Matchplay and the Masters.
    Other have a series of qualifying tournaments with only the best X players from these tournaments qualifying, examples include the UK Open and the Players Championship.
    Other events are a mix of ranking and various qualifier tournaments, prime example being the World Championship.
    The Grand Slam has a unique qualifier system with the 1st and 2nd in every other event qualifying, if there's any 'left over' places there is a one-off qualifier tournament. Plus some tokens from the rival organisation.
    Finally there are a series of invite only events, though generally the top ranked players will be auto-invited. These are generally tedious.

Hope that helps.

Thats comprehensively answered my question. Thanks

• Advertisement

Another 7 wins for MVG as he wins the second qualifier.

Ian White got a 9 darter and a decent run to the semi final.

Advertisement