Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Kong got a niner first today too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

peteeeed wrote: »
    Was there any previous in the game before Lewis appeared to trip his opponent ?

Don't think so but Look at where perales stands after his throw and where Lewis stands after his. Perales is down at the back away from the oche. But Lewis stands right behind Perales while he's throwing. Pure gamesmanship from Lewis. It's a shame to see him stooping that low. I know that he's had health problems and has dropped in the rankings but to act like that really does deserve a sizeable ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

None of us have seen the full match so don't have the full picture.

What we have seen doesn't look good for Lewis but I'd be surprised if it was for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Another incident. MvG is right. That dart dropped out before Webster got his hand on it and the referee was wrong to count the T20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Cross out street in the first round again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

True enough wouldn't be any full-time 'competitive darts competitor walking assistant facilitator' roles, so a trade union might not work.

Imagine there would be very few ladies (or men if in such circumstances), who would refuse the opportunity to earn hundreds of notes per minute to take a short walk to a televised stage. Fully clothed, without risk of interference. All whilst being applauded and complimented on the ability to walk, smile and wave occasionally. They don't even have to dance a jig, like on the Rose of Tralee to gain audience approval.

Van Barney has asked over 226.000 followers to sign a petition, for the preservation of the ladies for the darts.

I don't begrudge any woman doing it as long as she's happy to do it and gets paid enough for it.

Didn't Charlotte say the darts is 60% of her income?

I think it's stupid really, you have whingers saying their feminists which means giving women the choice to make their own choices but then turn around and tell em they can't do something they don't approve of. I think the notion of male cock tail waiters at parties in just a dickie bow and pair of jocks is a joke but I won't stop a lad who's happy do it

In regards to teh boxing Frank Warren said the girls will be kept and if anyone doesn't like it don't watch it then

The darts in Belgium, the Netherlands and Austria have said their walk on girls will remain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Michael Smith beats MVG 6-1 in the quarter final today and went on to win it brushing Zoran Lerchbacher in the final.

I notice Barney didn't take part in any of these qualifiers - either trusting he can do enough in the last 3 or else not bothering with the UK this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Barney was beaten by the polish guy in the 1st Round on Friday and Saturday. Didn’t play today

paulie21 wrote: »
    Barney was beaten by the polish guy in the 1st Round on Friday and Saturday. Didn’t play today

Ah cheers, I'd only scanned the last 32 onwards and hadn't spotted him, shoddy out of me.

Leaves himself a bit to do next weekend, though one half decent run is usually enough to qualify into the early rounds at least.

He can always put on a disguise and try a Highest Score in 9 darts Rileys amateur qualifier if all else fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kentoccfc

£3,000 fine for Adrian Lewis, who notably doesn’t apologise to his opponent in a statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

kentoccfc wrote: »
    £3,000 fine for Adrian Lewis, who notably doesn’t apologise to his opponent in a statement.

Noticed that alright, he was busy apologising to everyone else though, he must've forgotten :pac:

NDWC wrote: »
    Noticed that alright, he was busy apologising to everyone else though, he must've forgotten :pac:

Find it very poor from the DRA. Lewis can make that £3,000 back if he reaches one tour final. Had a chance to make an example of him and what happens if you act like a **** in a match, but he's escaped so easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

kentoccfc wrote: »
    Find it very poor from the DRA. Lewis can make that £3,000 back if he reaches one tour final. Had a chance to make an example of him and what happens if you act like a **** in a match, but he's escaped so easily.

Ya I'd agree with that, thought he might get a ban myself. The video that's out there is fairly damning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

NDWC wrote: »
    Ya I'd agree with that, thought he might get a ban myself. The video that's out there is fairly damning.

Thought the video left more questions than answers to be honest, there was obviously something more to it. Lewis did look pissed drunk in it alright but I suspect there may have been more to it and that something happened prior to what we see on the video, I have to say that the grin/snigger on the other player makes it look to me that he wasnt entirely innocent in teh whole affair.

Lewis is a very sore loser though and as I said he does look intoxicated but I do suspect its not as cut and dry as it looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Can anyone post a link to the incident

Can anyone post a link to the incident

https://youtu.be/Z1lQssZaPgM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

It looks like Perales is laughing at himself because he can't finish off a leg
    If Lewis took it the wrong way then thats his problem, I can't believe he hasn't
    got a ban.. theres no way Lewis pulls that stunt with someone that will stand up
    to him. Tommy Cox would of banned him without a seconds notice

It looks like Perales is laughing at himself because he can't finish off a leg
    If Lewis took it the wrong way then thats his problem, I can't believe he hasn't
    got a ban.. theres no way Lewis pulls that stunt with someone that will stand up
    to him. Tommy Cox would of banned him without a seconds notice

Only the two players know the whole truth really, and while we can all agree Lewis is or at least can be a bit of a pr*ck, we dont really know enough about Perales and from my intial viewing of it he comes across as a bit of a tool as well.

Ah Jesus lads, was expecting a lot more than that? Just a bit of handbags! I dislike Lewis a long time but that was harmless. A fine is sufficient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭bassy

Lewis wasn't bullying in this one good old painter.
    https://youtu.be/kbOspLM91-w

• Advertisement

Qualifier 4.
    Rob Cross got a decent run to the semi finals today inc a 113 average along the way, so is safely into the UK Open. Was eventually beaten 6-5 by Gary Anderson who won out over Jeffrey De Zwan.
    James Wade and Jamie & Adrian Lewis amongst the quarter finalists.

MVG an absentee.

Qualifier 4.
    Rob Cross got a decent run to the semi finals today inc a 113 average along the way, so is safely into the UK Open. Was eventually beaten 6-5 by Gary Anderson who won out over Jeffrey De Zwan.
    James Wade and Jamie & Adrian Lewis amongst the quarter finalists.

MVG an absentee.

Anderson seems to be over his back problems, be great to see him back near his best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

danganabu wrote: »
    Anderson seems to be over his back problems, be great to see him back near his best.

Yes good to see, his throw looks a lot smoother

Hopefully well see a decent rivalry with Cross and MVG

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Cadby beats cross 6-4 to win a pdc event in his maiden year,like cross last year,came from 1-4 down to win.

Impressive performances today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Cadby beats cross 6-4 to win a pdc event in his maiden year,like cross last year,came from 1-4 down to win.

Impressive performances today

Nice to see Cadby win, just to add a bit of spice into a sport which does need livening up.

And good to see Cross shaking off the shackles and hitting a bit of form again..

Cadby and Lewis in the next world final:D

Ratajski wins his first PDC title since switching. Beat Cross in a high quality semi final before dispatching of Gurney in the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

yet couldnt win a tour card

Lewis beats Perales in round 2 today - on the board!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

MVG with another tournament win beating James Wade in final

• Advertisement

MvG again today 5 tournaments alreadyout of 6 entered. Beat Cadby 6-1 in final. Cadby having a very decent start

Advertisement