Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

New set of darts arrived for me in work this morning.

Only my second set, wanted to get something to start comparing against what I was using when I started

29SUnwnl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭boomdocker

I see Jim Bowen passed away today, showing my age now but used to love Bullseye on Sunday evenings when I was a kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

boomdocker wrote: »
    I see Jim Bowen passed away today, showing my age now but used to love Bullseye on Sunday evenings when I was a kid

Still watch it every now and again. Gas man Jim was. Politely insulting all the guests

Yes, it's on Challenge or some such channel, often have a look myself when its on

Loved the way he always took great delight in showing them what they should've won if they had thrown >101 at the end :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

boomdocker wrote: »

Loved that show and the crappy prizes, some of the lads throwing on it made me look like Taylor :)

TbL

• Advertisement

MVG beat Dobey 6-2 in Players Championship 5.

Dobey lost despite a 110 average!

TbL

Only hit 2 doubles from 15 attempts :(

Willie o Connor got to the quarter final aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Price was tweeting away yesterday saying he wants to take a break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Jermaine Wattimena beats MVG today

• Advertisement

White beats Chisnal in Championship # 6

TbL

White beats Chisnal in Championship # 6

TbL

Chizzy with a run out of nowhere. Was a big chance for some of the young 'uns to get a final today with the big guns gone early.

Euro tour next weekend now. Anyone watching on PDC.tv tell me if I can cast it to the TV? I really don't want to subscribe if I can't.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Price was tweeting away yesterday saying he wants to take a break

Looks like the Premier League is getting to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Looks like the Premier League is getting to him.

He's come a long way in relatively short time and he must be feeling the pace of ca lot of travelling and playing at the top level. Particularly in the PL he has to be at his best just to be in with a chance and only managed two draws.

Not sure if it's against the rules, because it's not televised, but I've a good stream for the euro tour this weekend if anyone wants it PM me.

Mods delete this if against rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I'd been wondering why Mensur walked on to Opus's Live is Life last night in the Premier League, when Simply The Best is his normal walk-on tune.

For those as equally curious about this as me (probably no-one) apparently the song is on the banned-list in the Glasgow Arena as it's regarded as a Rangers song up there, and they try to keep anything sectarian away from the event.
    Might be the same in Belfast as well later in the PL.

Rob Cross just kicked the hole off Lewis 6-1 in the Euro tour event with a 107 average.
    Excellent scoring and finishing from Cross and Lewis wilted under the assault.

Cross just destroyed Lewis. Still now watching cross it's hard to believe how good he is. Just batters the trebles all day.

Lewis is ****ed now for good I'd say, doesn't seem to interested even.

Cross just destroyed Lewis. Still now watching cross it's hard to believe how good he is. Just batters the trebles all day.

Lewis is ****ed now for good I'd say, doesn't seem to interested even.

He certainly wasn't interested tonight once it got to 3-1. He'll have to be careful as it's so easy to slip out of the top rankings. Chizzy is on the brink, Wes Newton has disappeared as has Andy Hamilton, Thornton, Dolan have all slipped well down the rankings and you hardly see them in the bigger events. Jamie Caven is another I haven't seen for ages.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    He certainly wasn't interested tonight once it got to 3-1. He'll have to be careful as it's so easy to slip out of the top rankings. Chizzy is on the brink, Wes Newton has disappeared as has Andy Hamilton, Thornton, Dolan have all slipped well down the rankings and you hardly see them in the bigger events. Jamie Caven is another I haven't seen for ages.

Yep but there's a lot of decent up and coming players and that can only be good for the game

TbL

• Advertisement

Smith really looking to fulfill his potential this year. He makes it look so easy. When he wins a major I think he will be unstoppable.

Was dipping in and out of the live stream during the day. Jaysus that Justin Pipe is hard to watch. Beat Ian White who played great last weekend, must be off putting for a player with a quick rhythm to play someone so slow.

And Gerwyn Price played pretty good but was beaten in a tight game

Didn't see Peter Wright but apparently he played very well

Rob Cross looks like the man to beat

MvG threw some unbelievable darts there. Only for a few missed doubles the average would have been 110+

Another title for MVG. Lucky though as Wright was 4-1 and 7-5 up

paulie21 wrote: »
    Another title for MVG. Lucky though as Wright was 4-1 and 7-5 up

Was he 5-1 up Paulie?

TbL

Was he 5-1 up Paulie?
    TbL

Correct he was

Entertaining final. Think MvG only hit one double out of 13 attempts in the first half dozen sets! Think he split d1 in one of them!

Wright missed match dart at bull when 7-6 up

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Maybe Wright has found his form again. Will be interesting to see how he performs in Belfast on Thursday. Perhaps he needed a proper competitive knockout tournment to get him going again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

hes a fighter is mighty mike

• Advertisement

hes a fighter is mighty mike

I know it's not a popular opinion on here but I always thought Wright wasn't great under pressure, that, coupled with his recent poor form makes MVGs comeback less of a surprise

TbL

Advertisement