Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Dilutes the quality even more, was a poor enough standard before Xmas Anyway, Can't complain with more afternoon sessions though

It definitely dilutes the quality but it allows more qualifiers from around the world which will hopefully push the sport on in those regions. Ten years ago the qualifiers were absolutely awful but the standard has increased a lot in recent years and hopefully this will help increase the standard further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

So what way will this work? Will the top 32 players essentially get a bye to Round 2 and the remaining 64 players compete in Round 1?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Degag wrote: »
    So what way will this work? Will the top 32 players essentially get a bye to Round 2 and the remaining 64 players compete in Round 1?

Yeah that's exactly how it will work. I assume Round 1 will be an open draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It definitely dilutes the quality but it allows more qualifiers from around the world which will hopefully push the sport on in those regions. Ten years ago the qualifiers were absolutely awful but the standard has increased a lot in recent years and hopefully this will help increase the standard further.

Yeah that's great that more players will get a chance to qualify. You'd have to feel a bit sorry for the lower level tour card holders, busting there balls and bank all year getting to events, then some bloke from Mongolia gets to play in the biggest tournament of the year

MvG with yet another win on the European Tour as he beat Adrian Lewis in the final of the Gibraltar Open last night. Lewis looks like he is getting back to form again. Paul Nicholson made the semi finals and lost to Lewis in a last leg decider, he seems to be back playing very good darts too and is slowly creeping back up the rankings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I've seen Nicholson's name quite a bit this year. He's clearly been working hard to get his game back on track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Kingp35 wrote: »
    MvG with yet another win on the European Tour as he beat Adrian Lewis in the final of the Gibraltar Open last night. Lewis looks like he is getting back to form again. Paul Nicholson made the semi finals and lost to Lewis in a last leg decider, he seems to be back playing very good darts too and is slowly creeping back up the rankings.

Would be great to see Lewis back firing on all cylinders.

Not sure what to make of Nicholson, he doesn't score very heavily and seems to be a bit flakey. Seems to be winning matches with low averages but is susceptible to blowing big leads.

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Would be great to see Lewis back firing on all cylinders.

TbL

kinda but i hate his bully boy tactics that he tries sometimes . just off the oche talking and moaning that he learned from taylor

peteeeed wrote: »
    kinda but i hate his bully boy tactics that he tries sometimes . just off the oche talking and moaning that he learned from taylor

Yep, he was a disgrace the way he pushed around that player (can't remember his name) at a recent floor tournament.

Still think a fully firing Lewis would be great for darts coz at his best he's a match for anyone

TbL

Brendan Dolan knocked MVG out in the Danish Open, playing West for a place in the semi.

TbL

• Advertisement

Couldn't keep the momentum going and lost to West 6-3 with a poor enough average of 86

TbL

Haven't paid much attention to the darts at all this year, I see Vegas is on next weekend, anyone tell me who's qualified?, Lewis seems to be playing well had a 9darter the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

peteeeed wrote: »

What's the 5 years and 1 day in reference to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

A tour 9 darter I believe

5 years since the last 9 on the euro tour. The double 12 must have been missed 100 times since then.

Willie so Connor beat Rob Cross 6-4 after being 4-2 down

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

O Connor reaches the final playing MVG

Lost 8-2 but great to reach the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Vegas Masters is live on ITV4 on Friday and Saturday evening.
    Players are here, draw not finalised at time of posting.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_US_Darts_Masters

Extra bonus darts tonight though, with ITV4 showing the 8 North American qualifiers playing in their own competition the winner of which will be guaranteed a spot at the Worlds as well as a decent pot ($10K to winner I think). Fairly low key event by the usual tv standards obviously, but nice to see something different on TV and massive for the players involved.

• Advertisement

Did Jeff Smith qualify? Seen he he missed his plane yesterday and was cutting it fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

This what used to be the Las Vegas Desert Classic?

MvG getting battered here, by wade of all people. Wade playing great

Best I've seen wade play probably ever. That 161 was beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,474 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Wade had a brilliant 161 checkout a few legs back. Great 8-3 victory for him.

I really like Wade, I'd love him to win this but it's a tough ask to beat MVG and Anderson in consecutive games to get to a final.

TbL

Snakebite was very poor. I was hoping that he would of had a bit more of a fight in him against Cross.

Snakebite was very poor. I was hoping that he would of had a bit more of a fight in him against Cross.

If there's one thing lacking in peters game, that's it, fight. He struggles once he goes behind.

• Advertisement

If there's one thing lacking in peters game, that's it, fight. He struggles once he goes behind.

It's so frustrating that he gives up so easily. He has to work on his attitude when he falls behind.

Wade is on fire against Anderson too.

Advertisement