Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,474 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Excellent check out by Anderson to win the final and initially from 3-0 down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Shocking prize money. 20k for the winner?

Have to say I'm well an truly sick of darts since the world championship. The saturation of these exibition events had put me off.

Didn't MVG get a Mustang when he won it last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Have to say I'm well an truly sick of darts since the world championship. The saturation of these exibition events had put me off.

You can always not watch them

You can always not watch them

Thanks. Would never have thought of that you brainbox

• Advertisement

Why complain about the very things that have made the sport so big now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I complain about the Premier League exhibition, it's a terrible event and I rarely watch it. Don't see any harm in complaining/criticising events.

TbL

Just a quick glance at your post history, almost every post complaining about football matches, you still watch it though ya? You're usually sound so I'm hoping you just got out of bed too esrly. No need for the smart ass comment

Only one of us used a smart ass response this morning dude,I was being logical tbh..don't watch if you don't wanna see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Shanghai Masters leg of Ultimate Seductions favourite exhibition series is on ITV4 on Friday and Saturday night at 8pm. Its not live coverage.
    Draw here.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Shanghai_Darts_Masters

Maybe no spoilers on this thread until a game is broadcast? Though not a big deal anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

SPOILER: MVG and his family at disney shanghai :)

I hate how quite the crowd are, no atmosphere whatsoever!

Michael Smith wins the Shanghai thing. His first TV title. He really is playing good stuff on the big stage this year. I couldn't resist putting a 5r eachway on him for the matchplay at 33/1 excellent value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Darts dies for me between the Worlds and the Matchplay, bar the UK open.

No interest in non ranking exhibitions at all.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Darts dies for me between the Worlds and the Matchplay, bar the UK open.

No interest in non ranking exhibitions at all.

And wasn't the UK open a bit of a weird one this year, played behind closed doors?

Do you enjoy the Premier League, I despise it a bit more with every passing year

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

And wasn't the UK open a bit of a weird one this year, played behind closed doors?

Do you enjoy the Premier League, I despise it a bit more with every passing year

TbL

Crap yeah forgot about that. Was woeful with no crowd.

Can't stand it. Every year I'll watch the first and maybe second week before I remember how rubbish it is and give up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Hi lads,random question here
    Booked tickets for the final in citywest for myself and a few mates...Obviously gonna get a few jars in the hotel and during the darts after,we booked a triple room in the hotel to put the heads down after. Just wondering where does the majority of people go for pints after the darts is over?? Do people go to town or stay in the hotel after the darts is over? Some of us are big darts fans ourselves but just haven’t been to city west,some others looking for best way to make a night of it 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Saturday night, the final could be all done and dusted by 8.45pm on a 5-0 scoreline.
    Can't see too many people staying around the hotel bar in this situation.
    A night earlier in the comp with either four or two guaranteed games always seems better value to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Saturday night, the final could be all done and dusted by 8.45pm on a 5-0 scoreline.
    Can't see too many people staying around the hotel bar in this situation.
    A night earlier in the comp with either four or two guaranteed games always seems better value to me.

Yeah Saturday night was the only night that suited us all to go. Anyone know if the hotel bar stays late after the darts? Much hassle getting to the city after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    Yeah Saturday night was the only night that suited us all to go. Anyone know if the hotel bar stays late after the darts? Much hassle getting to the city after?

No bother just hop on the luas,straight into town with yis.

• Advertisement

Can someone please let me know how they do the draw for the Worlds (I've never thought about it before and before I lose my annual wager to the bookies I'd like to understand the draw format/mechanism), is it strictly by seeds and if so what date do they use to determine the seeds. Finally is it set up for a 1v4 and 2v3 semi?

Tnx for any inputs

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Can someone please let me know how they do the draw for the Worlds (I've never thought about it before and before I lose my annual wager to the bookies I'd like to understand the draw format/mechanism), is it strictly by seeds and if so what date do they use to determine the seeds. Finally is it set up for a 1v4 and 2v3 semi?

Tnx for any inputs

TbL

It was the 27th of November last year.

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2017/11/23/world-championship-countdown-underway

This is about the new format and prize money for this year:
    https://www.pdc.tv/news/2018/06/04/record-breaking-expansion-william-hill-world-darts-championship

Bob Harris wrote: »

Great stuff BobH

Tnx

TbL

Corey cadby can't get a visa for the Auckland masters and has been replaced. Expected big things from him this year, especially after the UK open final but his past is coming back to haunt him big time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Corey cadby can't get a visa for the Auckland masters and has been replaced. Expected big things from him this year, especially after the UK open final but his past is coming back to haunt him big time

What did he do?

jrkb wrote: »
    What did he do?

Google it. Thug. Seems to have grown up since though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

for a brain fart moment i thought he'd been banned from his own country :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭boomdocker

seems like a bit of a boyo - well able to throw a dart though

Got married after the UK Open I think, might settle him down

Brings a bit of character to the game, I also like the way he blows on his fingers before he throws, probably does the same before throwing a punch :)

TbL

• Advertisement

How did he play in the 2017 world's, world youth, q school and UK open with out a visa? Seems the visa only an issue since he went back to get married.

Advertisement