Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Yes that's it thanks, just never witnessed it.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

You could finish with 3 doubles if you want, 150 being the highest, 3 bulls.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

mackeire wrote: »
    You could finish with 3 doubles if you want, 150 being the highest, 3 bulls.

Something you do every practice session mack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Happens regularly enough now, but I recall watching an old Manley match recently (he did it with 76 left - D18, D20) and it caused a bit of a stir, it was considered to be show-boating a bit back then.

The double scoring standard is so much higher nowadays so players are more inclined to try it, especially with 2 double tops

Before it would mainly be used if a player had 100 left and blocked the trouble 20 with their first dart in the single 20, so the best option was to go for two double tops with the 80 left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Just came across this gem. Its not nice an he doesn't like it haha brilliant when Dave Clark apologized for Phil saying bollocks, Taylor shuts him up.

https://youtu.be/5iPpcYVvQDU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Remember watchin it live
    Classic!

Looking at line up of players in 3rd round
    You forget how bad the pdc was outside top 16 in those days

Just had 20 quid on Barney to win the premier league. 50/1. His last year, doesn't play a really top player till week 7. Might make me watch it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

PDC awards last night

DxeEgzCWsAAiGiD.jpg

DxeDgrDXgAEE8mI.jpg

DxeCAPAXgAE2bPs.jpg

DxeBUcwXcAIhq5c.jpg

Dxd7I1fXgAEpMnB.jpg

Dxd8-UgXcAA_2bC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,253 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭OsmosisJ

anybody know a cheaper alternative to chris dobeys darts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

OsmosisJ wrote: »
    anybody know a cheaper alternative to chris dobeys darts?

Stolen Chris Dobey darts.

Surprised Jeffrey DeZwann didn't get either best new comer or young player of year.

Gurney got performance of the year for that players championship final? Didn't think that was great to be honest. Not even the best game in that tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Surely performance of the year was Wade single-handedly winning World War 2 for the UK?

NDWC wrote: »
    Surely performance of the year was Wade single-handedly winning World War 2 for the UK?

Some laugh off that ! :)

Surprised Jeffrey DeZwann didn't get either best new comer or young player of year.

Gurney got performance of the year for that players championship final? Didn't think that was great to be honest. Not even the best game in that tournament.

max hop earned double the amount last year DeZwann did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭boomdocker

jaysus, I know he's a tosser but a bit harsh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

boomdocker wrote: »
    jaysus, I know he's a tosser but a bit harsh?

More than the offence itself I'd say it's to lay down the law and dissuade him and others from using those kind of shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Ando got physical with him and got a warning.. what a joke, way over the top imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Glad to see it, hope he pulls the reins in going forward, hate watching him play.

• Advertisement

Proper order. The whole time outs to strut around the stage flexing his muscles, before retrieving his darts...ugly. Anderson deserved a warning too for reacting, even though frankly I don't know what person would not react to the constant goading and gesturing to the crowd.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

He deserved a fine but that's too much in my opinion. I guess they are making an example of Price.

Is there an appeals procedure does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭bassy

he has 14 days to appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

James Wade must be crapping himself

peteeeed wrote: »
    James Wade must be crapping himself

If Anderson only got a warning for getting physical then Wade has nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭Degag

Would have to agree. Thinkit's a very harsh fine. Half of it perhaps but even that's alot of money.

dont see how its harsh

wades should be worse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Alan Norris’s wife passed away after battle with cancer. RIP

Playing with that in your mind must have been very tough

https://dartsnews.com/alan-norriss-wife-passes-away-after-cancer-battle/

TbL

How he played the Worlds I don't know.. Darts is a mostly mental game, he mightn't recover from this :(

• Advertisement

On a brighter note, do we have the first pointless tv tournament of the year this weekend, the masters?

Advertisement