Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

On a brighter note, do we have the first pointless tv tournament of the year this weekend, the masters?

On Telly?

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭bassy

On Telly?

TbL

itv 4

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

On a brighter note, do we have the first pointless tv tournament of the year this weekend, the masters?

Yep, the first of far too many. I wonder what the viewing figures are for these exhibitions compared to proper tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

If they are playing in venues and areas not normally visited by the big boys then.its great for fans of that region to get a chance to go see players live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Yep, the first of far too many. I wonder what the viewing figures are for these exhibitions compared to proper tournaments.

They trump the big majors on ITV but thats to be expected as its free to air

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Think the Dutch Open is also this weekend. The largest darts Open in the world.

Will probably be streamed on the BDO youtube channel or Winmau Tv.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Think the Dutch Open is also this weekend. The largest darts Open in the world.

Will probably be streamed on the BDO youtube channel or Winmau Tv.

There's 3,357 entries for the men's singles tournament. Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

In fairness to ITV/ITV4 they don't oversell these events, they put it on as a weekend of darts to be watched if you are a fan and not as a life-changing must see event.
    It's a decent enough format, the Top 16 players and best of 19 legs.
    I'll be watching anyway, its a big step above say the World Series nonsense.
    I find Mason and Warriner chats to be interesting as well, more insightful than the Mr Screechy on sky.

In fairness to ITV/ITV4 they don't oversell these events, they put it on as a weekend of darts to be watched if you are a fan and not as a life-changing must see event.
    It's a decent enough format, the Top 16 players and best of 19 legs.
    I'll be watching anyway, its a big step above say the World Series nonsense.
    I find Mason and Warriner chats to be interesting as well, more insightful than the Mr Screechy on sky.

Much prefer the ITV comms team to sky alright, just wish mason and rawling would shut up about boxing!
    You can tell how serious the players take this, mvg said three days ago he hasn't as much as touched his darts since WC. Michael smith is still on holidays. Anderson underwent back treatment the other day too?I fancy Gurney to win it, may put few pound on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Ando has pulled out of the Masters due to a back injury, replaced by Bunting.

• Advertisement

Lovley. 15 weeks of listening to him moaning at the premier league. Funny how it never bothers him during the big tournaments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

fabric_bunting1_2048x.jpg?v=1464427977

:)

Lovley. 15 weeks of listening to him moaning at the premier league. Funny how it never bothers him during the big tournaments

He may miss the start of the Premier League if he doesn't recover in time.

Masters:

Friday schedule

Daryl Gurney v Dave Chisnall
    Mensur Suljovic v Simon Whitlock
    Stephen Bunting v Darren Webster
    Michael van Gerwen v Jonny Clayton

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Most interesting match is up first.
    Same tomorrow night with Wade v Price in the Battle of The Numpties.

Most interesting match is up first.
    Same tomorrow night with Wade v Price in the Battle of The Numpties.

Good call

Enjoyed the first match.

Chizzy did a Chizzy, was 6-2 down and won 10-8

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Mvg already on another level

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Suljovic the star of the show tonight
    Seems to enjoy this format

Good game from Cullen there, fair play to him.

And most importantly, goodbye Gerwyn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

And most importantly, goodbye Gerwyn

Think the crowd agreed with you lol.

He was like a child without his favourite toy.

• Advertisement

Not much to get excited about in the quarters so far today

TbL

Peter Wright’s doubling is shocking

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Can someone link me a stream?

Can someone link me a stream?

ITV4

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

ITV4

TbL
    I'm looking for a stream though.

Wasn't much to shout about there, would have loved to seen the near 9 darters from Bunting or MVG go in. Anyone but Wade to win please!

5 in a row for the green machine.

Wasn’t the most exciting, but still beats watching “Dancing with the Disastars” :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Just finished watching it there on record, fairly boring final really, but just happy to see Wade lose badly. Never liked him, but since the World's that never liked has developed to hating the guy!

• Advertisement

MOD NOTE: I have moved the Premier League posts into a dedicated thread.

Advertisement