Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭boomdocker

he's cruised to the final again, looks sort of half interested and only in 2nd gear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

boomdocker wrote: »
    big win for Willie O Connor in PC3 today - beat James Wade 6-5 in the first round with a 101 ave
    And Brendan Dolan too. Willie doesn't get the credit he deserves, top player.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Michael van Gerwen blasted Mervyn King as “a disgrace” following their Semi-Final clash at Players Championship Three in Wigan on Saturday.

The world number one defeated King 7-3 in a bizarre contest before going on to secure the title with victory over Ian White in the final.

An average of just 91.4 proved sufficient for Van Gerwen to dispatch King - who averaged just 84.6 in a below-par display.

Following his 8-5 win over White in the final, MVG hit out at King's apparent lack of effort, saying: "Mervyn wasn't even trying.

"It was a disgrace for darts, things like that shouldn't happen in darts.

"I always give 100 per cent, no one can ever judge me on that.

"Things like that shouldn't happen, if they want to beat me, they have to push me."

During the match, King appeared to release his darts noticeably quicker than usual, and at one stage, attempted to throw for three bullseyes when requiring 150.

The performance was in stark contrast to earlier in the day when he had averaged 110 in a 6-0 whitewash of Mickey Mansell and 101 in defeating Andy Boulton.

Van Gerwen helped himself to a fourth title of 2019, which included a sensational nine-darter in his Last 32 tie with Jamie Hughes in which he registered scores of 177 and 174 before landing a 150 checkout to complete the feat.

Van Gerwen admitted: "I didn't really play well today so I was quite happy with my performance in the final.

"You always need to be a bit critical to yourself.

"I made a few mistakes here and there but I also had some phenomenally good finishing.

"I can be proud of myself even with the pressure on me and not playing my absolute best, I did it today."

The Dutch ace will return to action on Sunday for the second ProTour event of this weekend's double-header and explained: "I decided with my team that if I go somewhere, we're going to do both tournaments whether I win or lose.

"Even when you know you're not at your best form and you can still produce something like that, it gives you confidence.

"I don't care what other people are saying."

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Can't log in to the new PDC.TV android app. Anyone else?

No such luck of the Irish today - Lennon, Dolan and Gurney all out in the first round.

Just watched the first semi - Price v Durrant, real quality, Durrant won 7-3 averaging 109, Price 103
    Hope Durrant goes all the way this week, plays either Rob Cross or Dimitri vd Bergh in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Just watched the first semi - Price v Durrant, real quality, Durrant won 7-3 averaging 109, Price 103
    Hope Durrant goes all the way this week, plays either Rob Cross or Dimitri vd Bergh in the final

Playing VdB in the final

• Advertisement

Durrant wins, fair play to him, lot of pressure on him to win in the PDC, and he's delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Durrant wins, fair play to him, lot of pressure on him to win in the PDC, and he's delivered

And a resounding win too at 8 - 3. Great to see him get off to a flying start in the PDC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Glens last few Sundays,

Won the BDO Worlds

Secured tour card

Players Championship tour final

Players Championship Winner

Hes on 16k so far in PDC, way more than Bunting and Cross were at this stage when they joined.
    Hope he can keep it going until the UK Open

Glens last few Sundays,

Won the BDO Worlds

Secured tour card

Hes on 16k so far in PDC, way more than Bunting and Cross were at this stage when they joined.

And doesn't have to get up tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Great to see Durrant getting off to a good start.

peteeeed wrote: »
    And doesn't have to get up tomorrow
    Did he quit his job?

Did he quit his job?

Yeah he had too to go full time, actually just checked , he's working till march

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Glens last few Sundays,

Won the BDO Worlds

Secured tour card

That clown Justin Credible won’t be happy :)

TbL

Averaged 101 over 7 games, some going.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I also just noticed that Barney didn't show up. I wonder what odds bookies are offering for him not qualifying for the worlds.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I also just noticed that Barney didn't show up. I wonder what odds bookies are offering for him not qualifying for the worlds.
    Sure doesn't he just need to be in the top 64? He's £100K ahead of 65th.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Sure doesn't he just need to be in the top 64? He's £100K ahead of 65th.

No, he needs to be top 32. If he is outside the top 32 then he needs to be in the top 32 of the Pro Tour Order of Merit of the players that haven't qualified through their world ranking.

I doubt he is going to be in the top 32 in the world, especially as he may not qualify for the big TV tournaments. I think he will be relying on the Pro Tour order of Merit which is going to be tough for him if he doesn't even show up!

Kingp35 wrote: »
    No, he needs to be top 32. If he is outside the top 32 then he needs to be in the top 32 of the Pro Tour Order of Merit of the players that haven't qualified through their world ranking.

I doubt he is going to be in the top 32 in the world, especially as he may not qualify for the big TV tournaments. I think he will be relying on the Pro Tour order of Merit which is going to be tough for him if he doesn't even show up!
    You're right, apologies!

He's around 30K off 32nd and as you said, it's hard to bridge a gap when you don't turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Delighted for Durrant. He's top lad with a great attitude. Hope he can do some damage in the PDC. That win has to be good for his confidence.

very very solid player
    game against Gerwyn Price yesterday was a cracker

As for Barney, one season too many unfortunately - I think he just hasn't got the game any more - on the basis of what's he's shown in the last 6 months, his A game is mid 90's ave now, not good enough to be competitive (winning) at this level now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

And he's not yet 30 yrs old

And he's not yet 30 yrs old

In fairness to Taylor, there are far more tournaments these days but it's still an incredible achievement. MvG plays most of the Pro Tour which I think keeps him sharp for the entire season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

be interesting to see where duzza is ranked by the end of the year
    euro tour could be good way to make money getting up the rankings if he gets decent draws

Advertisement