Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

This is brilliant! The Germans do the darts right.

https://youtu.be/u3mRxpgImdM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Some great darts yesterday...apart from the final

All of the QF's went to a deciding leg, the pick of which was MvG vs Aspinall both played great with MvG edging it
    Then Chizzy does what Chizzy does best, completely threw it away against MvG in the semi...missed a load of match darts, including with 3 match darts in hand, hit d9 when going for d12 and then bust on d3 ...u couldn't make it up

Once again MvG showed why he's the best, there's some stat now whereby he's won something like 20 games in a row in a final leg decider, so good at getting it done when the pressure is on ..
    Final was a mis-match with Ian White getting a good ole hammering

Strange yesterday, MvG looked completely out of form all day yet still average over 100 all day. That 135 against aspinal sums him up.

Pro tour tomorrow and Wednesday, never heard of mid week tournaments before, doubt any premier league players will be there? Anderson announced his come back

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Haven't been keeping too close an eye on the non tv events for the past while, how has Durrant being doing since the switch, month 1 was good I remember but how has he done since

Good run for the Irish today. Nathan Rafferty beat some good players only to lose to Barney who's on a mission it seems.
    Willie and Brendan still going .
    Gary Anderson went out in round 1 6-1 to gert nentjes.
    Suprised most of the PL layers entered

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Willie O'Connor in the form of his life having beaten Rowby John Rodriguez, Luke Humphries, Luke Woodhouse, Steve Beaton and Jeffrey De Zwaan to make the semi final with an average of 97.16

I thought Humphreys retired for a while the other day ?

Willie playing Daryl for a spot in the final

Hey hey Willie boy!! In to the final beat Gurney 7-5.

He plays aspinall in final

A historical day for Irish darts.fair play to Willie. Wasn't pox Either huge averages all day

• Advertisement

Jaysus, where did that come from
    Saw the final, he played well and looking at the averages played great all day

I'm a bit overwhelmed by it but I'm so happy to have won my first title," said O'Connor, who will represent the Republic of Ireland at the BetVictor World Cup of Darts in June.

"I've been playing well all year but haven't had any good results, so maybe I've used all my luck in one day.

"I'm happy to move up the rankings a bit and now I want to add a couple more titles to my name and see where it takes me.

"I have the game to win more, I just need to be more consistent and produce a lot better than I have been doing over the years, but the same can be said for many players on tour."

millhouse wrote: »
    Haven't been keeping too close an eye on the non tv events for the past while, how has Durrant being doing since the switch, month 1 was good I remember but how has he done since

He's doing brilliant. 32k earned already .

Jeffrey de Zwaan won PC14 today

Seems to have been all sorts of shenanigans going on - Joe Cullen accused of cheating (by Whitlock i think?) then in the semi's Bunting v Lanauskas had a break with Labanauskas leading 5-2 - seems Bunting was complaining about a breeze? Then he won 7-5...but was beat by de Zwaan in the final

Willie O Connor was beaten by Gary Ando in the 2nd round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

boomdocker wrote: »
    Seems to have been all sorts of shenanigans going on - Joe Cullen accused of cheating (by Whitlock i think?)

Willie O Connor was beaten by Gary Ando in the 2nd round

Crazy stuff, I just seen his outburst about it on Twitter yesterday, be interested to see who it was

Indeed

Not sure what the story was with Bunting, but apparently he plays with crazy light darts (12g??) so if there was a breeze I suppose it would have an effect

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Just watched a bit of the PL tonight, caught the end of Wade/Price. Price walked off without shaking hands and seemed antsy, was there some hassle?

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Just watched a bit of the PL tonight, caught the end of Wade/Price. Price walked off without shaking hands and seemed antsy, was there some hassle?

TbL

Right from the walk on Price had a bee in his bonnet.
    About two legs in about to throw he turned and told Wade to step out of the exclusion zone. He looked edgy the whole time and then thinking Wade was slow taking his darts out said something again.
    Wade keep his cool, played his darts and won the game.
    From the way he came out it might be something that happened off stage before.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    About two legs in about to throw he turned and told Wade to step out of the exclusion zone. He looked edgy the whole time and then thinking Wade was slow taking his darts out said something again.

Tnx BH,

Usually Price that’s winding up his opponents, hard to ruffle Wade though :)

TbL

• Advertisement

Van Gwrwen says playing conditions were tough. A draft on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

wade is one fella that wont take his crap

Bob Harris wrote: »

Yeah very strange, practically ran up the walkway to the stage and then tried slowing down the game by taking way too much time by walking over taking drinks on purpose after Wades throw, making gestures that Wade did something wrong etc.

Fair play to Wade he just played his normal game and he was not impressed with Price's antic in the interview he did with live darts after the game.

Indeed

Not sure what the story was with Bunting, but apparently he plays with crazy light darts (12g??) so if there was a breeze I suppose it would have an effect

Yep 12g Darts, no idea how he plats with such a light dart

Yep 12g Darts, no idea how he plats with such a light dart

Tis mad, and he stands way over on the extreme right hand side of the oche

Indeed

Jesus, that'd be like throwing matchsticks at the board. Must take some effort to throw them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Jesus, that'd be like throwing matchsticks at the board. Must take some effort to throw them.

Bunting has a bit of weight behind his anyway.

I've thrown 14g darts, they are light but not as different as you'd think.

Steve Lennon hammered by MvG in 2nd round of Austrian Open, 6-0

TbL

Willie O Connor had a 9 darter the first leg of the Pubs n Clubs All Ireland Final last night in the Green Isle. It's on Facebook but I cannot share the video link

• Advertisement

Price v Wade part 2 coming up tonight in the QF of the Austrian Open, should be interesting

Advertisement