Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Gerwyn Price has his 21.5k fine reduced to 11.5k

however his appeal "fees" were £2,325.24.

how the **** they came up with that number i have no idea

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/08/05/dra-statement-gerwyn-price-appeal
    Bob Harris wrote: »
    You'd imagine if the appeal was upheld they'd have paid the cost of doing so. They are saying he was in the right after all.

The appeal wasn't upheld. He was still found to be in breach of rules 3.1 and 3.2 so presumably the appeal fees were the legal fees for Weston & Taylor and costs were awarded against him?

I emphasise "presumably" cos I'm drawing on logic, not on any knowledge of the workings of the DRA appeals committee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Coverage but not live for Brisbane Masters on ITV4

https://dartsnews.com/full-itv4-tv-guide-during-brisbane-darts-masters-2019

TbL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I am sure there will be a live stream on twitch as there usually is for these delayed events

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Barry Hearn is pushing the BDO to include Leighton Bennett and Mikuru Suzuki in their picks for the Grand Slam. Would be very interesting to see the cocky 13 year old playing in a major tournament, it might knock him down a peg or two! It's probably fair that they should be included though.

https://www.live-darts.com/category/darts-interviews/hearn-recommends-bdo-to-select-world-champions-for-gsod-20190807/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Ridiculous to have Whitlock and Kyle Anderson as "Oceanic qualifiers". And to a certain extent Cadby aktho he played that tour last year

• Advertisement

Surprised to see Cadby get such s thumping from Anderson, I’d fancied Cadby to beat him

TbL

Interview here with Brendan Dolan and BDO chairman Des Jacklyn. I was impressed with Des at first but he really does seem clueless .

https://twitter.com/WeeklyDartscast/status/1159345538594213888?s=19

Spolier alert

MvG was averaging 130 after 4 legs and still lost. He's head seems to be gone now. Still hasn't averaged over 100 in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Something ain't right that's for sure,desire seems to have waned

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Saw a few of Heta's games - played very solid and took his chances!
    Fully deserved to win - solid looking player

boomdocker wrote: »
    Saw a few of Heta's games - played very solid and took his chances!
    Fully deserved to win - solid looking player

hardly.

He took his chances, and you can only beat what is in front of you, but he was lucky to be fair, and survived a load of match darts, although do not begrudge it to him

Wade was 5-3 up in a race to 6 and missed match dart
    Ando was shockingly bad
    Simon ****lock is a known choker
    And think Cross missed a match dart

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

hardly.

He took his chances, and you can only beat what is in front of you, but he was lucky to be fair, and survived a load of match darts, although do not begrudge it to him

Wade was 5-3 up in a race to 6 and missed match dart
    Ando was shockingly bad
    Simon ****lock is a known choker
    And think Cross missed a match dart

How many times has mvg won tournaments like that,its not luck if your opponent misses,it just means you've played better by beating them,I don't think your giving him enough credit,he still has to check out, the 170 to leave 32 in final leg was brilliant.

,he still has to check out, the 170 to leave 32 in final leg was brilliant.

agreed . cross threw a big 3 darter walked back with a smirk on his face and then the 170 to leave 32 broke him . fair play and great win

Clown

• Registered Users Posts: 13,380 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

peteeeed wrote: »

Great stuff, though at first glance I thought it said Deta Hedman which would have been even more ridiculously fairytale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭bassy

And how lucky was rob cross to win hes world title,so what your saying is a load of baloney................

It was,nt rob crosses fault that mvg missed several match darts in the world championship semi final etc there's reasons why opponents miss match doubles and a lot of it is to do with pressure and being put under it by your opponent knowing if i miss hes gonna take it out.

rob cross when he won his world title played at a level far beyond heta produced.

Not only did Cross produce far more higher averages, he did it over a longer period and more legs, in more games, and against players who actually cared because it was a proper ranking event.

The brisbane masters is nothing but a glorified non ranking exbo and heta averages never once topped the 100, most not close to 95

To put Cross's world title on a par with Hetas win in an exbo is absolutely ridiculous, and a pathetic way to try validate your argument.

You just dont the whole point of it,Rob cross should have been beaten in the year he won the world's ,but like i say its not hes fault mvg etc missed match darts against him.even the greatest miss under pressure in high octane games.

Just look at gurney in the matchplay 15-9 up was it crosses fault that gurney bottled it...............

again you are comparing top players playing in a ranking major to the same players playing with a terrible attitude in a non ranking glorified major.

The Melbourne darts is on this friday with almost the exact same players...including Heta and his averages just above 90, lets see how it works out this week .

• Advertisement

you just don,t get the point im making about missed doubles and taking your chances...………………………………………………...

bassy wrote: »
    you just don,t get the point im making about missed doubles and taking your chances...………………………………………………...

do you have trouble with basic English ?
    You compared Cross winning a world title to Heta winning a glorified non ranking exbo event. That was complete lunacy.

Read my posts, I clearly stated Heta could only beat what was in front of him, but lets not kid ourselves it was a combination of a lucky run and poor performances by others.

Heta plays this Friday in the Melbourne masters, and the week after, with mostly the same players. I am betting he wont win the next comps

do you have trouble with basic English ?
    You compared Cross winning a world title to Heta winning a glorified non ranking exbo event. That was complete lunacy.

Read my posts, I clearly stated Heta could only beat what was in front of him, but lets not kid ourselves it was a combination of a lucky run and poor performances by others.

Heta plays this Friday in the Melbourne masters, and the week after, with mostly the same players. I am betting he wont win the next comps

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I would think you are the one who cannot grasp basic English understanding,i was on about missed doubles you clown.
    now off and troll some where else...……………………………………………..

do you seriously expect any normal person to believe the pressure on Rob Cross when he missed a match dart against Heta was the same as MVG missing match darts in a proper ranking event, over a longer format.
    Cross, Wade, Anderson and Whitlock all were either poor or unmotivated, or both.

Do you think if Heta played Cross in a best of 13 sets, in a ranking major Heta would be winning ?

And for the record, overall Hetas doubling was hardly impressive, he got lucky and took his chances in a short format and fair play to him for that, but to think he beat the players playing at some sort of high level is deluded.

Check the stats, averages, finishing percentages which proves me right, but you wont, and like most people who have no defense spout the troll line.

do you seriously expect any normal person to believe the pressure on Rob Cross when he missed a match dart against Heta was the same as MVG missing match darts in a proper ranking event, over a longer format.
    Cross, Wade, Anderson and Whitlock all were either poor or unmotivated, or both.

Do you think if Heta played Cross in a best of 13 sets, in a ranking major Heta would be winning ?

And for the record, overall Hetas doubling was hardly impressive, he got lucky and took his chances in a short format and fair play to him for that, but to think he beat the players playing at some sort of high level is deluded.

Check the stats, averages, finishing percentages which proves me right, but you wont, and like most people who have no defense spout the troll line.

Haven’t you got some mushrooms to fry...:)

TbL

Haven’t you got some mushrooms to fry...:)

TbL

:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

[PHP][/PHP]
    bassy wrote: »
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I would think you are the one who cannot grasp basic English understanding,i was on about missed doubles you clown.
    now off and troll some where else...……………………………………………..

We're easy going here bassy but name calling is not allowed. You know this. Attack the post and not the poster. Cheers

MVG down to 8th

wsodoom-aug14_0.jpg

I think them world series events are just a holiday for the big boys,and not took serious.

There a marketing and business ploy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭boomdocker

I guess Heta just got lucky again....;)

6-1 winner over James Wade in Rd1 of the Melbourne Darts Masters

Advertisement