Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

MOD NOTE: Cut it out lads. Stop the bickering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I don't understand the criticism the players get. Will you head down to the Irish matchpIay next weekend and tell all the players they're rubbish because they're not averaging over 90?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

Justinc is also including ladies stats in his posts (i.e. the averages in the 50's).

The PDC don't have a ladies product so that part of your argument is void.

I did read that Trina Gulliver hit a few 12's while aiming for T20 which is shocking tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Tarzann wrote: »
    Justinc is also including ladies stats in his posts (i.e. the averages in the 50's).

The PDC don't have a ladies product so that part of your argument is void.

I did read that Trina Gulliver hit a few 12's while aiming for T20 which is shocking tbh.

As I was reading 12's I was thinking '12 darters, impressive'...silly me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

US2 wrote: »
    I don't understand the criticism the players get. Will you head down to the Irish matchpIay next weekend and tell all the players they're rubbish because they're not averaging over 90?

The difference is the Irish Matchplay do not call themselves professional like the BDO do.
    When it is quite clear the BDO are not professional.

The Irish matchplay will not spunk away over 100k on a vanity project.
    This event was a huge money loss for the BDO, ticket sales were atrocious, so bad that most were let in for free to make the empty hall appear busier.
    And people were well aware this was going to happen for months.

Despite the chairman promising new sponsors, there was no major sponsor, so the prizefund had to be covered by the BDO. It is not economically viable for them to continue at this rate.

The problem is people would rather ignore all these facts and concentrate on the poster posting this than the actual truth.

and statistically this was the lowest standard in the history of this event.

• Advertisement

The difference is the Irish Matchplay do not call themselves professional like the BDO do.
    When it is quite clear the BDO are not professional.

The Irish matchplay will not spunk away over 100k on a vanity project.
    This event was a huge money loss for the BDO, ticket sales were atrocious, so bad that most were let in for free to make the empty hall appear busier.
    And people were well aware this was going to happen for months.

Despite the chairman promising new sponsors, there was no major sponsor, so the prizefund had to be covered by the BDO. It is not economically viable for them to continue at this rate.

The problem is people would rather ignore all these facts and concentrate on the poster posting this than the actual truth.

and statistically this was the lowest standard in the history of this event.

The players in the BDO aren't professional, most of them work normal jobs during the week. I've yet to see a BDO player call themselves professional.

Can you read ?

The bdo calls itself professional.

Lakeside is called "the world Professional darts championship"
    My argument is the BDO is not professional, and being amatuer does not mean the org has to make screw up after screw up.

Can you read ?

The bdo calls itself professional.

Lakeside is called "the world Professional darts championship"
    My argument is the BDO is not professional, and being amatuer does not mean the org has to make screw up after screw up.

Why are you so ignorant? Yes I can read, I read you mocking the players because they're not banging in 100 averages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Why are you so ignorant? Yes I can read, I read you mocking the players because they're not banging in 100 averages.

Just disengage seriously it’s not worth wasting your time US2

TbL

Where did I mock the players ?

I said the standard was atrocious.
    I know the players did the best they can , but the reality is they are not good enough.

I suggest you look up the meaning of the word mocking

• Advertisement

Where did I mock the players ?

I said the standard was atrocious.
    I know the players did the best they can , but the reality is they are not good enough.

I suggest you look up the meaning of the word mocking

Not good enough for what? That makes no sense. Are you suggesting that players can't improve, or if they don't average 90+ they should just pack it in? Your talking bollox.

Not good enough for what? That makes no sense. Are you suggesting that players can't improve, or if they don't average 90+ they should just pack it in? Your talking bollox.

I am saying the players are not good enough to be portrayed as the worlds best or professionals which is what the bdo does.
    The bdo call them professional, which they are not.
    The are far far from the best players in the world.

If you watched a minute of bdo darts you would see the bdo hype these players as professionals and world best.

As I said the players can only do their best, but the fact is the standard in the bdo is dropping year on year, and last weekends "World" trophy was the lowest standard in its history.

That is a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Taylor always loved the attention.
    He got it of course due to him being the best, and always felt he would miss the limelight, but he also had a habit of spouting things that he would never do.

I believe this is just another wild claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭bassy

Just done to promote the sales of the new darts and points gimmicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Whens tickets out for world champs?

sc86 wrote: »
    Whens tickets out for world champs?

you are late...very late.

They went on general sale back on 25th July.

Willie O Connor knocked out Peter Wright tonight 6-5. Looking good for the matchpIay now

Willie O Connor knocked out Peter Wright tonight 6-5. Looking good for the matchpIay now

the matchplay?.

I am sure he means looking better for him towards the Grand Prix

• Advertisement

Ya grandprix sorry. Think he's as good as qualifed for the grandslam

He plays Joe Cullen this afternoon.

Ya grandprix sorry. Think he's as good as qualifed for the grandslam

He plays Joe Cullen this afternoon.

Willie and steve are in the Grand Slam as runners up of the World Cup.

there are 16 already qualified for the slam, with jamie hughes dropping out thanks to Mensurs win last week.
    With the grand prix to come mensur could lose his spot.

As for the Champions league, all 8 players in that have already qualified so that will not affect qualification.

Glen Durrant is not in yet, and looks unlikely the bdo will give him a spot, nor should they, although Hearn hinted he would like the current lakeside champ in it.

Willie is almost qualified for the European Championship too, think

Willie and steve are in the Grand Slam as runners up of the World Cup.

there are 16 already qualified for the slam, with jamie hughes dropping out thanks to Mensurs win last week.
    With the grand prix to come mensur could lose his spot.

As for the Champions league, all 8 players in that have already qualified so that will not affect qualification.

Glen Durrant is not in yet, and looks unlikely the bdo will give him a spot, nor should they, although Hearn hinted he would like the current lakeside champ in it.

I didn't realise being runner up in a non ranking doubles tournament qualifies them for one of the big ranking majors

I didn't realise being runner up in a non ranking doubles tournament qualifies them for one of the big ranking majors
    l

its not the only non ranking event that gets you in the ranking slam.

The winner of the champions league gets in which is non ranking.
    top 4 in the non ranking Premier League
    The world cup winners and runners up
    and the world series champion which is another non ranking event.

so far the 16 who are qualified.

however this could change tonight after the completion of the euro tour on live at the moment.

EDjg-Uh-HXs-Agnb-Le.jpg

Durrant just averaged 110 while beating price who averaged 106 great game.

hey guys any where to watch this apart from subscribing to the pdc channel?.

bassy wrote: »
    hey guys any where to watch this apart from subscribing to the pdc channel?.

I am watching on laola.tv, but you will need a VPN.

sometime they have a stream on twitch as well

• Advertisement

SNIP

MOD EDIT: I've only seen this now. Please do not post links to streams, it is not permitted on Boards.

Advertisement