Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It was a BDO decision (well a Des Jacklin decision) to move from the Lakeside as he doesn't like the venue! Bob Potter always paid the prize fund for the BDO Worlds as he made his money on people staying at his venue.

All of this means that the decision to move from Lakeside to Indigo at the O2 an outrageously stupid decision as the BDO are relying on ticket sales and getting a sponsor on board to be able to pay the prize fund. Ticket sales have been poor so far (an average of about 80 sold per session in a ~1600 venue), the BDO are in real trouble. It seems as if Des Jacklin is on a one man mission to take the BDO down from the inside and they are under very real threat of going bankrupt.

As for the new tournament in the Lakeside, if Potter can attract a good crowd then he can easily put up that prize fund. I'm not sure he'll be able to though unless he can get Phil Taylor and Barney etc. to commit to play in it.

There’d be nothing stopping him paying “appearance” money so he could tempt Taylor or Barney (but in Barneys case he wouldn’t want to be counting on him getting past the 1st round 🀣)

TbL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

There’d be nothing stopping him paying “appearance” money so he could tempt Taylor or Barney (but in Barneys case he wouldn’t want to be counting on him getting past the 1st round ��)

TbL

Seriously...Barney the guy who won Lake****e multiple times would struggle to get past the first round ?

A cork pub player won the bdo's oldest "major" with an 88 average, lets not kid ourselves, the bdo is pub standard with pub players winning them.

Barney might be on the slide, but he is better than whats in the bdo.
    He was better than everyone in when he was racking up multiple titles.....and the bdo standard is far far worse now,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭bassy

I still would,nt put me house on barney,the man should of retired a few years ago and kept he,s legacy intact...………………..

bassy wrote: »
    I still would,nt put me house on barney,the man should of retired a few years ago and kept he,s legacy intact...………………..

The problem with barney was never his ability, but his laziness and strops like a child.
    I am still sure Barney could muster up an average more than the 88 the masters was won with

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed that Aspinall Ratajski match.

Quality darts

TbL

Jesus you got to feel a bit sorry for Price, lost again in a deciding leg to MvG.

TbL

Anderson really pisses me off, lately he looks like he couldn’t give a crap. Glad he’s gone he’s turned into a right prima donna

TbL

Anderson really pisses me off, lately he looks like he couldn’t give a crap. Glad he’s gone he’s turned into a right prima donna

TbL

he don,t care anymore he has he,s money truly made TBL

Yep you’re probably right bassy but it really is poor. He was quality and great to watch and he’s now just going through the motions, wasted talent

TbL

• Advertisement

Yep you’re probably right bassy but it really is poor. He was quality and great to watch and he’s now just going through the motions

TbL

I,ve a good feeling he will be the next big name to retire,and be surprised if he is still playing in 5 years time.
    I think he could retire in the next 2-3 years and go on the exhibition circuit as he,s fond of it.

I was slated on here in the past for saying ando , wade and fatpot lewis all made their money and were lazy and are past it and the game would improve with them gone

White, Smith and chizzy are chokers who never won a thing of note and most likely never will

I was slated on here in the past for saying ando , wade and fatpot lewis all made their money and were lazy and are past it and the game would improve with them gone

White, Smith and chizzy are chokers who never won a thing of note and most likely never will

agree Justin.

its like wade, ando and others only make the effort in certain events, and care little for others,.....those that they can be arsed to turn up for.

This is why I prefer watching the likes of Ratajski, Price, Aspinall etc, guys with hunger

smith is the biggest choker of the lot,sulky puss.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

In very slight defence of Anderson, the World Series is nothing event. It's an exhibition so why would he care if he doesn't need the money?

Let's see how he performs at the Grand Slam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Kingp35 wrote: »
    In very slight defence of Anderson, the World Series is nothing event. It's an exhibition so why would he care if he doesn't need the money?

Let's see how he performs at the Grand Slam.

He looked a bit pissed to me, never seen him smile so much while playing. A 71 average for someone of his quality is absolutely horrendous weather he cares or not.

ever since vermin price got in his head , ando sulking and missing events has cost him

Anderson’s mindset in recent months appears to be very poor and unprofessional. You’d think he’d want to win everything he enters, can’t imagine Taylor being so sanguine about competing and losing.

That attitude can become habit forming and I don’t think he’ll be at the business end of the WC’s

TbL

Anderson’s mindset in recent months appears to be very poor and unprofessional. You’d think he’d want to win everything he enters, can’t imagine Taylor being so sanguine about competing and losing.

That attitude can become habit forming and I don’t think he’ll be at the business end of the WC’s

TbL

I would say he goes out early enough at ally pally.

• Advertisement

Ciaran Teehan earns a WC spot and a tour card at the development tour today. Brilliant stuff!! To think I missed match darts against him a few months ago :-/

Keane Barry also hit a 9 darter today.

Irish darts is booming!!

Noppert was a wildcard for this exibibition event, and now has qualifed for a ranking major by getting to the final, what a joke. A joke Willie an Steve qualifed by World cup too btw

terrible final terrible...……………………………...

terrible final terrible...……………………………...

What an incredible final says John McDonald..

A major trophy says Ned boulton

US2 wrote: »
    What an incredible final says John McDonald..

with hes false teeth and lovely walk lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

anderson is injured and may pull out of the slam , dont get the hate?
    If he wasnt bothered he would just pull out of everything
    he has nothing to prove

sc86 wrote: »
    anderson is injured and may pull out of the slam , dont get the hate?
    If he wasnt bothered he would just pull out of everything
    he has nothing to prove

Its not hate from me as he was always a favourite of mine.hes just no where near the great player he was.

I would say if hes pulled out of the slam,then i say hes seriously focused on the worlds.

Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't play premier league again this year, he'll probably retire in another year or two weather it's injury or lack of dedication

US2 wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't play premier league again this year, he'll probably retire in another year or two weather it's injury or lack of dedication

Spot on.....

• Advertisement

the lazy ex postman and proven liar showing his laziness again and opts out of the GSoD qualifier

I wont miss him when he is gone

Advertisement