Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

"The BoyleSports World Grand Prix will be held behind closed doors at Coventry's Ricoh Arena from October 6-12 2020.

The famous double-start tournament had been due to be held for a 20th time at Dublin's Citywest Convention Centre later this year, with the venue having become a popular destination for darts fans since first hosting the World Grand Prix in 2001."

I know this isn't news as it's been discussed the past few days, but just got this email confirmation today from the PDC with the new location confirmed. Also didn't know it's been in Dublin for 19 years. How time flies!
    I was down at the final last year, MVG vs Chizzy. Was hoping all week Ando would make it to the final as Chizzy would likely miss too many chances to test MVG.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

The first year down in Rosslare was the best, gail force winds in a tent that was nearly taking off! The final was a bit of a let down between Taylor and Burgess.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

PTH2009 wrote: »
    went in 2014/2015, Good nights with lots of drink, the 2nd night I went in 2015 I was sick as a dog ha. Seating arrangements can be a disaster for some tables

Hopefully go again down the line

Hotel residents bar is lethal

Any players drinking in the residents bar after?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Officer999 wrote: »
    Any players drinking in the residents bar after?

cant recall any but seen a few around the place

Was waiting for the lift with Mardle and the other commentator. Bastards went in without us :D:D.

From what i heard the bigger players stay in the other citywest hotel, cant think of the name

Saw Adrian Lewis in the Gibson before a PL event

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Not sure if people have heard of the Sky Sports podcast called "The one that got away" but this week's episode features Mardle talking about his loss to Kirk Sheppard in the World semi final.

Mardle is very honest in the interview and basically admits he completely underestimated Sheppard and wanted to make an example of him.

I'd recommend checking it out, thought it was a good listen.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Durrant is the slowest player on tv bar none

new.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Slow but steady, best player about at the moment.

he is also the luckiest player.
    Smith, Wright, MVG and Ando just the recent people to throw away wins or points against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

new.jpg

Yeah he’s slow, still not at the level of Justin Pipe (when he was on tv)

he is slower.
    In fact pipe has even sped up, as witnessed during the summer series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

he is slower.
    In fact pipe has even sped up, as witnessed during the summer series

Does it matter ? You want to see quality darts and exiting games, he brings that. I really hope he wins the tournament

US2 wrote: »
    Does it matter ? You want to see quality darts and exiting games, he brings that. I really hope he wins the tournament

the fact he is so slow makes things far from "exciting"....thats the whole point.
    You watch someone like Ando and smith tonight or Wright and Aspinall which is 4 players and 2 games played at a faster pace, and is a far better watch.

MVG and durrant was not top game of the night because it was going to be exciting, cos it was not, not because it would be played at a fast pace, cos he would not, but because of the possibility of MVG losing and not making the play off.

The result was important not the quality of the game..

For example during the 2020 matchplay semi finals, Ando and Michael smith played 34 legs in an hour and ten minutes.

In the other semi, dimitri who is a quick enough player, but dragged down by Durrants crawling pace, in the same time of 1 hour and 10 minutes, they had barely finished the 20th leg.

People did not enjoy watching pipe, and people find durrant boring, as I do,.
    good player, nice lad, but dreadfully boring and slow

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I completely disagree Justin.

Dennis Priestley is my favourite player of all time. I loved watching him play, and he was 'slow'. I also really enjoy watching Durrant. I'd rather watch top quality darts the rubbish the likes of Ricky Evans throws.

where did I mention jobbers like ricky evans ?

I clearly said wright, ando, aspinall, smith , mvg, etc all fast paced players.

There is no one slower than durrant, and my opin ion of slow and boring is a common one across multiple forums

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Terry Down was the man.
    The absolute incredible concentration on his first dart, before landing it squarely in the single 5 - this gets me every time.
    Jocky gives some great bemused expressions in the background all through. I think he near enough gets through an entire ciggy on one of TD's throws.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭bassy

No mention of gold finger aka Andrew gilding in all this chatter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Phil Taylor was slowish and would get slower when playing a fast player

Gary Anderson withdraws from the World Series finals and the Autumn serious. The flying Scotsman is afraid to fly due to covid

Des the proven liar, who only days ago claimed certain counties were staying with the bdo, and had only 9 of the 66 left, lost another of the ones he said were staying, proving this man lies non stop.

now reports he has conceded and said the UKDA will now run the county game....it was as good as over anyway as he was left with nothing.

Their world championships belongs to the WDF.

The bdo have nothing...no comps, no worlds, no tv events, no counties.....just die bdo

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    after 59 of the 66 counties basically told the orange liar to go **** himself

203fcd16be81c52c0047165e699455f6.png

• Advertisement

Gary Anderson withdraws from the World Series finals and the Autumn serious. The flying Scotsman is afraid to fly due to covid

More like he can't be arsed......................

More like he can't be arsed..............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

new.jpg

I see Durant has noticed this haha

https://twitter.com/Duzza180/status/1302985415557885955?s=19

myself and glen often speak, and had plenty private conversations, he gave as good back.
    I said before he is a good lad, decent player, but I rip the piss out of him for his pace, boring plodding style etc

As for gary anderson, he is just lazy, were there no covid he would not be traveling to europe anyway, look how he has missed the euro tours for the last few years

Willie O Connor off to a horrendous start today, average barley over 80 in first game. Lost his second game and is now losing his thrird game with an 81 average. Back to the day job Willie!

Willie O Connor off to a horrendous start today, average barley over 80 in first game. Lost his second game and is now losing his thrird game with an 81 average. Back to the day job Willie!

He will always be remembered for blowing in v price in the world's last year.that will be willies highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

bassy wrote: »
    He will always be remembered for blowing in v price in the world's last year.that will be willies highlight.

that was horrible , i went and hid behind the sofa for a while , had the game on a plate

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

He ended up finishing bottom of the group having lost all 6 of his matches. He has struggled since turning pro, he might have to rethink things.

world series qualifiers on at the moment.

Willy O connor was 3-0 averaging 75, and wilkonson was throwing for a 4-0 lead in a race to five.

willy hit the turbo and won 5-4, averaging in the 100s in the following legs. He got out of jail there

• Advertisement

last 64, Willy missed a slew of darts for a 3-2 lead, and missed darts to level 3-3 and went to **** and lost.

Steve Lennon won his last 64 match.

top 4 qualify for the World Series finals

Advertisement