Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I can't see it being at an empty Ally Pally. The PDC are already losing money as they have received no ticket receipts but are still paying out full prize money.

To have it in the Ally Pally they would have to pay to rent it out which would definitely cost more than Milton Keynes or the Ricoh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I can't see it being at an empty Ally Pally. The PDC are already losing money as they have received no ticket receipts but are still paying out full prize money.

To have it in the Ally Pally they would have to pay to rent it out which would definitely cost more than Milton Keynes or the Ricoh.

You're probably right lads, didn't think on the costs of renting the Ricoh as opposed to the AP. I just thought the spectacle of the AP even when empty, would retain some of the romance of the World's.

Suppose it's little difference either way with no crowd, but for me it takes away any of the magic. I look forward to the World's every year. Christmas isn't the same without it. Always loved the Circus Tavern though. Fantastic venue.

On going abroad with it for a crowd, do you reckon the players would be willing to travel? Especially those with young families like Gary Anderson. They'd presumably be away from their families all over the Xmas period. Not to mention the obvious safety concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,410 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

On going abroad with it for a crowd, do you reckon the players would be willing to travel? Especially those with young families like Gary Anderson. They'd presumably be away from their families all over the Xmas period. Not to mention the obvious safety concerns.

Ando would be the only one I'd have a doubt over.
    For the rest of the main contenders there's the carrot of £500K for the winner, and as much as £100K for winning a few games and sneaking into the semi-finals. Especially in such an open year with MvG playing like a drain. And no exhibition money coming in.

For the players who are unlikely winners (say outside say the Top 20), it'll still be the biggest cheque of the year for many of them - 15K for getting to the second round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

The likes of Milton Keynes and Coventry have hotels attached so they can create the bubble. They can't do that at ally pally.

Barry Hearn has the Corona. A bad year for him after having a heart attack earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Adrian Lewis and Stephen Bunting out of world grand prix after testing positive for covid 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can see a shock winner in the world championship esp if its behind closed doors

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭bassy

bucket mouth price on fire here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

there is a thread for the grand prix bassy

• Advertisement

there is a thread for the grand prix bassy

no bother justin.

Keane Barry who will play at the PDC world
    also finished 2nd on the pdc develeopment tour and won a tour card.

Now he is currently in line to finish 2nd in the challenge tour as well, which included players like richie burnett, wez newton, scott mitchell, barring Jim Williams or Richie Edhouse winning the event will finish second, which would have also assured him of a tourcard.

The kid will be a great addition to the ranks

Now he is currently in line to finish 2nd in the challenge tour as well, which included players like richie burnett, wez newton, scott mitchell, barring Jim Williams or Richie Edhouse winning the event will finish second, which would have also assured him of a tourcard.

and he,s irish even better,now we might see a proper irish dart player contest with the very best in the future.

hahahaha

Scott Mitchell and Jim Williams, 2 over rated bdo players who both failed at Q school finish behind Keane Barry and fail to get a tourcard.

The only person that can force Keane out of the top 2 is Edhouse who has come from 4-1 to 4-4 with a super 12 darter and a 127 checkout.Edhouse need the final to go ahead of keane. a win would put him top of the rankings by a mere 50 quid

Will it be possible for Keane to play in pro tour events this year if Tour card holders pull out ?

US2 wrote: »
    Will it be possible for Keane to play in pro tour events this year if Tour card holders pull out ?

I believe so.

If you recall Scott mitchell was top of the challenge tour prior to the summer series, hence why he was in for all 5

Keane will by 3rd choice now for the winter series, and suspect he will be in all 5 as there are tourcard holders who will miss it, like cristo reyes for example, most likely and ando as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

It's 36 years to the day since the great John Lowe hit the first televised 9 darter a much harder feat back then as well given the size of the trebles and the wires.

Wright and Anderson pull out of the Darts World Cup at the start of next month.
    Robert Thornton and Big John to take their place.

https://www.skysports.com/darts/news/12288/12103358/peter-wright-and-gary-anderson-pull-out-of-2020-world-cup-title-defence

Wright and Anderson pull out of the Darts World Cup at the start of next month.
    Robert Thornton and Big John to take their place.

https://www.skysports.com/darts/news/12288/12103358/peter-wright-and-gary-anderson-pull-out-of-2020-world-cup-title-defence

it,s lazier anderson is getting.

• Advertisement

Katie Sheldon on the Sky Sports Darts podcast ahead of the women's series next weekend. She's a class thrower and if plays her game could easily cause a few upsets.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsDarts/status/1316049952007749632?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

bassy wrote: »

Why would he risk getting Covid coming up to the Worlds. Lewis and Bunting lost out on ranking money because of it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

bassy wrote: »

He's not lazy, he has stated that he won't travel abroad while Covid is still an issue. He has said if the World Championships is moved outside the UK he won't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Absolutely no chance of the Worlds being played anywhere but England now. They can't have the defending champion not taking part, along with Ando and probably many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Was there talk of the Worlds moving outside the UK? I must've missed it.

In any case I don't see the need for it, I doubt Anderson and Wright would be the only ones to pull out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

El Sueño wrote: »
    Was there talk of the Worlds moving outside the UK? I must've missed it.

In any case I don't see the need for it, I doubt Anderson and Wright would be the only ones to pull out.

yes because there a reduced crowd allowed into the venue in Germany recently and they were looking at having the worlds there

£500K for the winner of the Worlds in a very open renewal. £50K for just winning a few games and getting to the quarter finals.
    I'd suspect almost all players would turn up in Germany or Austria for that. Anderson the likely exception.

Having said that it's an extreme long shot that it happens - it would almost have to be decided now for ticket sales to be able to take place.

How long can darts keep paying regularly prize money without a crowd I wonder. I know sponsors contribute but surly the pdc are running at a lose since march ?

Unfortunately, we won't be seeing Paula Jacklyn at the Grand Slam or Ally Pally. Here's all 86 entrants for the PDC women's tour.

Lindsey Ashton
    Lisa Ashton
    Eileen Askew
    Marlene Badger
    Felicia Blay
    Carla Boyes
    Caroline Breen
    Rachel Brooks
    Roz Bulmer
    Robyn Byrne
    Denise Cassidy
    Kirsty Chubb
    Jo Clements
    Christina Cronin
    Sue Cusick
    Natalie Davey
    Tracey Davies
    Aileen de Graaf
    Anastasia Dobromyslova
    Natasha Eaves
    Rebecca Edwards
    Casey Gallagher
    Kirsty Gibbs
    Natalie Gilbert
    Donna Gleed
    Sharon Godbeer
    Beau Greaves
    Corrine Hammond
    Catherine Handley
    Amanda Harwood
    Deta Hedman
    Judy Hendriksen
    Courtney Hine
    Stefanie Huengsberg
    Kirsty Hutchinson
    Lorraine Hyde
    Zoe Jones
    Giffy Khaosoi
    Teri-Frances Kidwell
    Hiu Yan Leung
    Samantha Lewis
    Joanne Locke
    Crissy Manley
    Vicky Martin
    Debbie McBride
    Holly Meadwell
    Sarah Milkowski
    Tina Neylon
    Tracy North
    Chloe O'Brien
    Maria O'Brien
    Rhian O'Sullivan
    Sandra Page
    Leanne Palmer
    Josie Paterson
    Laura Patton
    Joanne Potton
    Annmarie Potts
    Shelly Price
    Vicky Pruim
    Donna-Maria Rainsley
    Christine Readhead
    Lerena Rietbergen
    Linda Rietbergen
    Jo Rolls
    Jane Shearing
    Katie Sheldon
    Fallon Sherrock
    Emma Smith
    Heather Smith
    Mandy Smith
    Suzanne Smith
    Mandy Solomons
    Claire Stamper
    Margaret Sutton
    Vikki Tasker
    Evonne Taylor
    Laura Turner
    Aletta Wajer
    Lainey Webb
    Phonsawan Whillis
    Lorraine Winstanley
    Katie Woodcock
    Sherrie Yeomans
    Anca Zijlstra

• Advertisement

2 Irish women from what I can see, Katie Sheldon and Robyn Byrne. Let's go girls!

Advertisement