Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

As is often the case , yesterdays winner Michael Smith is doing well again today
    Was 5-0 against Damon Heta heavy heavy scoring before winning 6-3
    Jose de Sousa and Gabriel Clemens also catching the eye with high scoring

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

boomdocker wrote: »
    As is often the case , yesterdays winner Michael Smith is doing well again today

Smith ended up winning Day Two. Great two days for him as he's possibly going to fall down the rankings a bit since he's defending so much money at the worlds.

He's played great in fairness
    Standard is unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭celt262

boomdocker wrote: »
    He's played great in fairness
    Standard is unbelievable

I would have him as one of the top players in he world now. Must be a good bet to win the grandslam and the worlds now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

If Keane Barry has another couple of good runs or makes a final he would be in the top64 players championship order of Merit. Would he be allowed play at the players championship finals without having a tour card ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah he would be allowed play. Scot Mitchell doesn't have a tour card and he currently occupies the 64th spot at the PC.

3 first round wins for the Irish so far. Just waiting on Lennon now the clean sweep

Keane one of only 2 players to average over 100 in first round

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

Willie O'Connor beats James Wilson.

Two random musings:
    1. I must say, James Wilson has really fallen down the rankings. Pretty sure he was around the top 32 not too long ago.

2. James Wilson and Steve West, I swear I never hear about them from one end of the year to the next (unless it I get notified that one of the Irish lads is playing them). Is it just me?

Looking at the draw, you'd have to think of Connor is the only one with a hope in round 2.

Why do they give Brendan Dolan the Union Jack when he'd consider himself Irish Republican, and they give Gavin Carlin the tricolor but he sees himself as British

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭celt262

US2 wrote: »
    Why do they give Brendan Dolan the Union Jack when he'd consider himself Irish Republican, and they give Gavin Carlin the tricolor but he sees himself as British

You would wonder is someone on the wind up.

Admittedly a very tough draw but Adrian Lewis out in R1 again losing to Damon Heta.

Another surprise is the fact that Devon Peterson has been beaten first round on all three days so far.

Steve Lennon lost his R1 match 6-2.

Both Keane Barry and Willie O'Connor through to the L32. Willie with a great 6-5 win over Wade with a 128 checkout to win it.

Ciaran Teehan was 5-2 up in his match but lost 6-5.

Barry was unlucky against Clayton. Was 4-3 up and average over 100.

Willie O'Connor beats James Wilson.

Two random musings:
    1. I must say, James Wilson has really fallen down the rankings. Pretty sure he was around the top 32 not too long ago.

2. James Wilson and Steve West, I swear I never hear about them from one end of the year to the next (unless it I get notified that one of the Irish lads is playing them). Is it just me?

They would both be pretty regular at the euro tour events - at least last year they were anyway
    Steve West got to the quarters of the Euro Chamos a few weeks ago, haven't seen Wilson for a while

Yes! Willie beats Clayton with a ton average. Last 8 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Ryan Searle will play William O'Connor in Q8, winner of that will meet Price or Bunting in semi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Willie into the semi. He plays Price.
    Hopefully revenge for Willie from that R2 match in last year's World Championship.

Another dirty draw for Adrian Lewis. He plays Whitlock

Keane Barry plays Aspinal first round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I see Barney saying he's "a different guy" and that he "has the hunger back" ahead of his comeback

I predict that he'll be back to the usual head shaking within a month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

I see Barney saying he's "a different guy" and that he "has the hunger back" ahead of his comeback

Hungry for cash for the divorce settlement.

Hungry for cash for the divorce settlement.

He's probably bringing out new merchandise. I don't think will go to q school atall

Crazy stats from Peter wright over the 21 players championship events this year

https://twitter.com/DartsPPR180/status/1327041779259084800?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

That's unreal, the 140-177 stat stands out in particular, mad numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

RD 1
    Ritchie Edhouse 6-5 Gabriel Clemens
    Devon Petersen 6-2 Steve Brown
    Ian White (112.6) 6-2 Matt Clark
    Richie Burnett 6-5 Reece Robinson
    Jose De Sousa (106.5) 6-5 Andy Boulton
    Brendan Dolan 6-0 Conan Whitehead

Michael Smith 6-1 Scott Mitchell
    Lisa Ashton 6-5 Rob Cross
    Robert Thornton 6-5 Barrie Bates
    Dave Chisnall 6-3 Robert Collins
    Krzysztof Ratajski 6-4 Steve Beaton
    Danny Noppert 6-5 Jim Williams
    Nathan Aspinall 6-3 Keane Barry
    Damon Heta 6-4 Maikel Verberk

Joe Cullen 6-4 Matthew Edgar
    Simon Stevenson 6-3 Glen Durrant
    Steve West 6-0 Daniel Larsson
    Ricky Evans 6-5 Luke Humphries
    Keegan Brown 6-5 Toni Alcinas
    William O'Connor 6-2 Ryan Meikle
    Joe Murnan (101.3) 6-0 Niels Zonneveld

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Rob Cross losing to Lisa Ashton, cant' see him doing much at the worlds this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭bassy

Come on ritchie the prince of wales burnett

Richie's scoring has been incredible all week so far, he is truly awful on the doubles though. He is honestly scoring as good as anyone, if he could find a double he'd be flying. 3-2 down to McG at the moment despite outscoring him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

bassy wrote: »
    Come on ritchie the prince of wales burnett

Yeah I've always liked Ritchie met him at a few exhibitions he's a gentleman.

Advertisement