Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Some nostalgia here, a short video on 30 years at lakeside.

https://youtu.be/qIhMO4M7L2w

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

US2 wrote: »
    Some nostalgia here, a short video on 30 years at lakeside.

https://youtu.be/qIhMO4M7L2w

ðŸ‘

My favourite ever darts match was that Gregory v Taylor final.

Riveting!

TbL

ðŸ‘

Riveting!

TbL

Well before my time. Andy Fordham v King is my first memory of darts, around 2006 I'd say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭boomdocker

ðŸ‘

Riveting!

TbL

Gregory should have won that one
    Personally, would have loved to have seen Bobby George win the year John Part beat him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭bassy

painter fooked off that final to when he played taylor,theres a few taylor should have been beaten.
    but most bottled it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,461 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Always inclined to throw a few darts at the board in my room this time of year and then don't do it again for ages (might be doing it more with the lockdown)

Some horrendous throwing and I don't think anyone in the PDC should be worried

I'm dyslexic particularly bad at numbers and use a great app called 'Pro darts' which does the numbers for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Always inclined to throw a few darts at the board in my room this time of year and then don't do it again for ages (might be doing it more with the lockdown)

I'm dyslexic particularly bad at numbers and use a great app called 'Pro darts' which does the numbers for ya

Strangely i was looking at my own board earlier today and had similar thoughts. Might start again over next few months..... will have plenty of time for it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Today is the starting day for lakeside. I know it's been a **** show the last few years but I really will miss it. 3 of tonight's 4 semi finalists have played in a lakeside final.
    Grew up watching it

Great matches great memories

Shame it all went to sh1t

TbL

Yeah I’m sick it’s gone.

Always had thought I would go to Lakeside some year for a few days to see it live but sadly won’t get the chance now. Unless it somehow gets going again in the future.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

The only PDC Tour that should be worried about us is the tour where the averages are in the 30s :pac:

TheChrisD wrote: »
    The only PDC Tour that should be worried about us is the tour where the averages are in the 30s :pac:

Ah i’m i solid 40s man! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

If enough people start throwing again, we'll have to organise another boards.ie tournament. We had a few online tournaments in the past.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    If enough people start throwing again, we'll have to organise another boards.ie tournament. We had a few online tournaments in the past.

I'm amazed at the amount of people on here who love the darts but don't actually play much if atall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Today is the starting day for lakeside. I know it's been a **** show the last few years but I really will miss it. 3 of tonight's 4 semi finalists have played in a lakeside final.

Yep my sentiments exactly it was always great to have a month solid of darts from PDC to BDO in a row hopefully there'll be a WDF world or something next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Yep the dart board gets great use for a month. I take it you mean dyscalculia, as that's difficulty with numbers?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Well the WDF World Masters has been confirmed for 2021 anyway. They also hope to organise a World Championships. They are very clear that their tournaments are for 'amateur' players.

https://www.dartswdf.com/2020/12/18/the-wdf-world-masters-2-5-december-2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 38,461 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yep the dart board gets great use for a month. I take it you mean dyscalculia, as that's difficulty with numbers?

Bit of both

Without a calculator I would not be able to add up scores. Never pay publicly on my own cause of it

Well the WDF World Masters has been confirmed for 2021 anyway. They also hope to organise a World Championships. They are very clear that their tournaments are for 'amateur' players.

https://www.dartswdf.com/2020/12/18/the-wdf-world-masters-2-5-december-2021/

Amateur is basically anyone that doesn't have a PDC tourcard ? Hearn always suggested that the BDO market themselves as an amateur world championship

Bit of both

Without a calculator I would not be able to add up scores. Never pay publicly on my own cause of it

If you've alot of money to spare have a look at the Scolia scoring system, a really class bit of technology. Wayne Mardle has a review of it on YouTube. I need the price to come down a good bit before I could justify getting it.

Here's the review

https://youtu.be/uKXDyTe-NQ0

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I'm amazed at the amount of people on here who love the darts but don't actually play much if atall

I enjoy throwing a few at home but I’m not at a very high standard....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Any of you have any experience with the tripod dart stands?

Took down my board a few years ago when I was moving away, back now and there's no chance I can put it up on a wall again haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭celt262

mdwexford wrote: »
    I enjoy throwing a few at home but I’m not at a very high standard....

What standard would you guys be here I'm hovering around 55 avg at the moment but not playing much a few hours on a Friday night would be it for the week.

celt262 wrote: »
    What standard would you guys be here I'm hovering around 55 avg at the moment but not playing much a few hours on a Friday night would be it for the week.

It varied alot but generally mid-forties. I found i took absolutely ages to warm up though (like maybe half an hour) but once i did i was throwing way more consistently and was probably around a 50-60 average then perhaps. But i could go on runs of a few legs with 15-21 darts by the same token. Consistency was the big issue for me. So many darts into 1 or 5 or even 12 or 9, so frustrating.

Nothing beats competition though. I remember the online comps that Kingp35 was talking about and i usually upped my game from practice considerably (while still usually losing:o) which i was always happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

D.Q wrote: »

Took down my board a few years ago when I was moving away, back now and there's no chance I can put it up on a wall again haha

I rarely post on here. We got a board and tripod last year. It's ideal that it can be portable - back garden when the weather is right. Hoping to get a bit more throwing in the next while.

What's the crack on online tournaments ? Just for interest ?

Yeah I got one and it's brilliant, can't believe how sturdy they are. Well worth it.

celt262 wrote: »

I'm usually between 65 and 75, all though I got my highest recorded average last week of 83 and lost 5 nil :-/ I'm sure I play alot more than most here though, at least 20 hours a week between practice and tournaments online

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Yeah I got one and it's brilliant, can't believe how sturdy they are. Well worth it.

Sound lads thanks for both responses. Just ordered one off 501darts

Sound lads thanks for both responses. Just ordered one off 501darts

That's where I got mine too. Had it within 2 days.

GBX wrote: »

What's the crack on online tournaments ? Just for interest ?

Just for fun really and give people a bit of practice and keep the forum active. We did have a couple of in person tournaments years ago that had money in money out prize money.

I used to be a 65 - 70 average thrower but I haven't thrown properly in two years. I've started throwing a little bit lately and want to start playing a few online matches to see where I'm at. Think my highest ever winning average was 75 but I'd be nowhere near that now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭celt262

Just for fun really and give people a bit of practice and keep the forum active. We did have a couple of in person tournaments years ago that had money in money out prize money.

I used to be a 65 - 70 average thrower but I haven't thrown properly in two years. I've started throwing a little bit lately and want to start playing a few online matches to see where I'm at. Think my highest ever winning average was 75 but I'd be nowhere near that now.

What platform do you play on?

Advertisement