Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

celt262 wrote: »
    What platform do you play on?

I haven't played online in recent times so I'm interested to know myself. I know nakka do online darts anyway.

US2, what platforms do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

What standard would you guys be here I'm hovering around 55 avg at the moment but not playing much a few hours on a Friday night would be it for the week.
    Degag wrote: »
    It varied alot but generally mid-forties. I found i took absolutely ages to warm up though (like maybe half an hour) but once i did i was throwing way more consistently and was probably around a 50-60 average then perhaps. But i could go on runs of a few legs with 15-21 darts by the same token. Consistency was the big issue for me. So many darts into 1 or 5 or even 12 or 9, so frustrating.
    US2 wrote: »
    I'm usually between 65 and 75, all though I got my highest recorded average last week of 83 and lost 5 nil :-/ I'm sure I play alot more than most here though, at least 20 hours a week between practice and tournaments online
    Kingp35 wrote: »
    I used to be a 65 - 70 average thrower but I haven't thrown properly in two years. I've started throwing a little bit lately and want to start playing a few online matches to see where I'm at. Think my highest ever winning average was 75 but I'd be nowhere near that now.

Righttttt.

I’ll just slink back to my box, let me know if there’s an under 12s competition or something more my level. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

mdwexford wrote: »
    Righttttt.

I’ll just slink back to my box, let me know if there’s an under 12s competition or something more my level. :D

Haha never really tracked my average properly, I'd wager its in and around 26 so I'd like to join this under 12s challenge

How do the online games work exactly?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

D.Q wrote: »

How do the online games work exactly?

There's some sites that require you use a webcam to avoid cheating etc, you'd need to point it the board. These are for more 'serious' tournaments though.

However there's sites that rely on trust only, basically you just input the score you got and so does the opponent. This is how we did it when we had boards.ie tournaments. I don't see the point in cheating!

Here's one website where you don't need a webcam for some games. A huge variety of standards too:

https://nakka.com/n01/online/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Hey, at least there's several of us all in the same boat! Still yet to break 32 for my best average :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Righttttt.

Ha! Trust me 50-60 is me on a pretty good day. You are most definitely not below my normal level!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

There's some sites that require you use a webcam to avoid cheating etc, you'd need to point it the board. These are for more 'serious' tournaments though.

However there's sites that rely on trust only, basically you just input the score you got and so does the opponent. This is how we did it when we had boards.ie tournaments. I don't see the point in cheating!

Here's one website where you don't need a webcam for some games. A huge variety of standards too:

I played in a few of them and i can honestly say that i never felt anyone was cheating ever. Even if they were it made no odds to me; i was trying to improve my game by playing and expected to lose most games anyhow. Cheating myself never crossed my mind either even after i'd thrown about 20 darts at a double because like you said.... whats the point??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Degag wrote: »
    I played in a few of them and i can honestly say that i never felt anyone was cheating ever. Even if they were it made no odds to me; i was trying to improve my game by playing and expected to lose most games anyhow. Cheating myself never crossed my mind either even after i'd thrown about 20 darts at a double because like you said.... whats the point??!!

I don't understand the ones that cheat when they're recording themselves like this muppet :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    I don't understand the ones that cheat when they're recording themselves like this muppet :D:D

Hahaha that takes the biscuit. Did he actually throw 4 darts there in one of his goes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Hey, at least there's several of us all in the same boat! Still yet to break 32 for my best average :rolleyes:

Me too!

I would have loved to have a go at playing competitively though, sure you'd only improve

• Advertisement

Nice few interested so. How many would we need. Are you organising it King

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Wouldn't mind having a go at this myself if there's one been organized

Would it be all played in one night or better to play 1 round per week so people can find a time convenient for both players ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭celt262

Well I dont think he has a choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

If we’re not pointing cam at the board I’m usually in the high 80’s myself :):):)

If it’s a requirement I’ll join the under 10’s!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thebronze14

I got a board/tripod etc last xmas and it got me through the various lockdowns. Play in a couple of online leagues that my friend in England got me involved in. Average now would generally be between 42-50...Have played players than can barely hit a single 20 and lads averaging 80 per game. So much fun when you're playing well, such a frustrating game playing badly. Without a camera it isn't great waiting for players and slightly off putting as you can't get a rhythm going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I got a board/tripod etc last xmas and it got me through the various lockdowns. Play in a couple of online leagues that my friend in England got me involved in. Average now would generally be between 42-50...Have played players than can barely hit a single 20 and lads averaging 80 per game. So much fun when you're playing well, such a frustrating game playing badly. Without a camera it isn't great waiting for players and slightly off putting as you can't get a rhythm going.

Third was another website I had a few games with guys off here, easy chalk or something. Anyone remember that? Good few years ago now...

Third was another website I had a few games with guys off here, easy chalk or something. Anyone remember that? Good few years ago now...

Webcamdarts.com is what I use. Camera has to be pretty good though. Anyone who doesnt have a webcam there is free software online that you can use to make you phone work as a cam.

We would probably need at least 8. We could have two groups of four then. I'm happy to organise it but it would need to be next week.
    Would it be all played in one night or better to play 1 round per week so people can find a time convenient for both players ?

I think we had one match played every 3 days the last time to give players time to organise a when they would be free. It doesn't have to be only one every 3 days though if you can organise more. There was some leeway if someone had an honest excuse that they couldn't play in that time frame but if they didn't then they forfeited the match.
    Play in a couple of online leagues that my friend in England got me involved in.

On what website are these leagues played on and how do you join? It's something I'd be interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Officer999

Sound lads thanks for both responses. Just ordered one off 501darts

Hi, looking at getting a tripod myself off them too. Is it the €70 one you ordered? Don’t see any others online there. I guess the Dart board needs to be ordered separately?

• Advertisement

Webcamdarts.com is what I use. Camera has to be pretty good though. Anyone who doesnt have a webcam there is free software online that you can use to make you phone work as a cam.

Don't even need software just aim fone at the board and call through messenger or whatsapp, use a second device for nakka.

Im on webcam darts years now, what a great site. Fancy a game Friday night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Officer999 wrote: »
    Hi, looking at getting a tripod myself off them too. Is it the €70 one you ordered? Don’t see any others online there. I guess the Dart board needs to be ordered separately?

Yeah the 70e one, unicorn dart mate tri or something like that. Board was separate, and the surround also separate.

Tbh the stands all seem to be the same, they're just repurposed PA Speaker stands.

I got the stand, a blade 5, a surround, a set of darts and a few spare flights stems etc for 210e on 501darts.

Will probably get one of those lighting systems in a week or two they look slick

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Officer999

Yeah the 70e one, unicorn dart mate tri or something like that. Board was separate, and the surround also separate.

Tbh the stands all seem to be the same, they're just repurposed PA Speaker stands.

I got the stand, a blade 5, a surround, a set of darts and a few spare flights stems etc for 210e on 501darts.

Will probably get one of those lighting systems in a week or two they look slick

Sounds class, thanks

Don't even need software just aim fone at the board and call through messenger or whatsapp, use a second device for nakka.

Im on webcam darts years now, what a great site. Fancy a game Friday night ?

Yep its brillant I normally play Friday nights and have a few cans. Will give you a game no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thebronze14

We would probably need at least 8. We could have two groups of four then. I'm happy to organise it but it would need to be next week.

I think we had one match played every 3 days the last time to give players time to organise a when they would be free. It doesn't have to be only one every 3 days though if you can organise more. There was some leeway if someone had an honest excuse that they couldn't play in that time frame but if they didn't then they forfeited the match.

On what website are these leagues played on and how do you join? It's something I'd be interested in.

One is IDL...Season has started so might have to wait. Message the IDL news page on FB and you might still have time> The other is Middlesex online league which you should find on FB too. Leagues on this are played weekly. IDL are played over a number of months and have cups too

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

I'll throw my name into the hat, if king is gonna start something up here.

Don't know what avg I throw at as I just count the score down in my head.

Gonna get an app this evening and see what I'm at.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭passinginterest

I played in a few of those online boards tournaments back in the day. They were fun. Still pick up the darts now and again. Got a new set for the first time in about 25 years just before Christmas so started firing at the board again. No matter how long I leave it I always seem to end up with an average between 55-65. New darts the same!

Speaking of suspected cheating in online games dart connect had a free trial on during the worlds. One of the first games I set up I hit a 180 first throw, I think I’ve only got 3 in total with the new darts. I’d say it raised a few suspicions with my opponent, especially following up with 33 and 26.

Might be interested if there’s an event happening again. Haven’t used a cam before and lighting on the board is a bit crap but could give it a go if needed.

Yep its brillant I normally play Friday nights and have a few cans. Will give you a game no bother.

Just a question on this, do you find a "magic" number of cans where you play better?

• Advertisement

Gotya wrote: »
    Just a question on this, do you find a "magic" number of cans where you play better?

Yes definitely but once I get there it's not far to the stage where thinks start going downhill.

Advertisement